Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

This is a Bungie problem, not an Activision problem. There's basically zero evidence pointing towards Activision being the source of any of these issues, these are almost all internal decisions by Bungie.
    I dont really care sorry, they are guilty by association. They choose to plug the game on the battle net launcher, otherwise I would have never of played the game in the first place. And even if they are only big brother and let bungie do their thing it still falls under their umbrella/oversight so they missed the mark completely on quality controlling products they are making money off

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dont really care sorry, they are guilty by association. They choose to plug the game on the battle net launcher, otherwise I would have never of played the game in the first place. And even if they are only big brother and let bungie do their thing it still falls under their umbrella/oversight so they missed the mark completely on quality controlling products they are making money off
    Of course they did, did you think they'd release it on Steam/Origin/uPlay and give those companies a 30% cut of each sale rather than release it through their own digital distribution platform? I mean, you're faulting them for making a business decision literally any company would make, dude.

And some shit does splatter up on Activision, you're right. But this isn't remotely close to what the issues with EA are. Hence my post clarifying that while in the case of games like Battlefront 2 or Visceral it's a very EA centric problem, with Destiny 2 it's a very Bungie centric problem (and with ME:A it's a very BW Montreal specific problem).

Anger and frustration is justified, but make sure it's directed at those that deserve it.

Of course they did, did you think they'd release it on Steam/Origin/uPlay and give those companies a 30% cut of each sale rather than release it through their own digital distribution platform? I mean, you're faulting them for making a business decision literally any company would make, dude.

And some shit does splatter up on Activision, you're right. But this isn't remotely close to what the issues with EA are. Hence my post clarifying that while in the case of games like Battlefront 2 or Visceral it's a very EA centric problem, with Destiny 2 it's a very Bungie centric problem (and with ME:A it's a very BW Montreal specific problem).

Anger and frustration is justified, but make sure it's directed at those that deserve it.
    Its not just destiny 2 faults, it was more the final nail in the coffin so to speak. What they did to the diablo universe, and what WoW has turned into are the main culprits And Overwatch lootboxes(I'm sure people are fine with lootboxes in overwatch because they are desensitized to it. I still think its gross how much money they make off teenagers trying to shoot each other online with m0ms credit card). Destiny 2s level of ineptitude was like finally pulling back the curtain in Wizard of Oz and seeing it for all its increased monetization through cosmestic rng rewards glory. And its hard to enjoy their games with all that crap in the back of your mind.

I don't mind games trying to make money I just wish it was the 2nd focus not the main focus. If you make a game that people enjoy it will do well on its own merit not through university funded research programs to milk addictive qualities of people to their extremes with maximum profit available and throwing ethics and accountability out the window.

Its not just destiny 2 faults, it was more the final nail in the coffin so to speak. What they did to the diablo universe, and what WoW has turned into are the main culprits And Overwatch lootboxes(I'm sure people are fine with lootboxes in overwatch because they are desensitized to it. I still think its gross how much money they make off teenagers trying to shoot each other online with m0ms credit card). Destiny 2s level of ineptitude was like finally pulling back the curtain in Wizard of Oz and seeing it for all its increased monetization through cosmestic rng rewards glory. And its hard to enjoy their games with all that crap in the back of your mind.

I don't mind games trying to make money I just wish it was the 2nd focus not the main focus. If you make a game that people enjoy it will do well on its own merit not through university funded research programs to milk addictive qualities of people to their extremes with maximum profit available and throwing ethics and accountability out the window.
    Diablo was purely Blizzards internal team.

WoW is again, purely Blizzards internal team.

Overwatch is also purely Blizzards internal team.

We have literally zero evidence of Activision strong-arming or even pressuring Blizzard to make any of the decisions they made with those games from what I've seen.

I'm not trying to defend/fanboy Activision, they do plenty of shit I don't like. But place blame where it's deserved, don't misdirect it to others who are not at fault.

Diablo was purely Blizzards internal team.

WoW is again, purely Blizzards internal team.

Overwatch is also purely Blizzards internal team.

We have literally zero evidence of Activision strong-arming or even pressuring Blizzard to make any of the decisions they made with those games from what I've seen.

I'm not trying to defend/fanboy Activision, they do plenty of shit I don't like. But place blame where it's deserved, don't misdirect it to others who are not at fault.
    Do you have the internal memo's/meetings for the targets of the games? How do you know they dont get given directives from up top? Thats normally how businesses work. The suits lay out the plan/targets and the directors do their best to meet it.

I can only judge them on what I have seen. And blizzard north never had cash shops and micro transactions in their games. Might have been because it was a different time, but I struggle to imagine the guys and girls that made warcraft 3/diablo 1&2 would have wanted a real money auction house or cash shop to buy cosmetics in the game. The quality and passion put into the games is what made them a success and sold millions of units to make great money too.

Looks like getting out when I did (right after Osiris dropped) was the right choice...
    I don't have any fucks to give to a game that has stagnant progression and the lack of basic features. What a lot of devs don't get is that you can't burn someone on their first exposure to their game and expect them to come back when you finally get things decent.

I'm waiting at least a few months to see how it shakes out. I was happy to preorder Destiny 2 and buy the Season Pass early on, but Bungo burned all the trust/credibility they had with me in roughly 4 months. I just don't have any faith they won't make all the same mistakes again, and I don't wanna support that bullshit or deal with the frustration, once is enough.
    I'd never buy the season pass, especially not for a game like Destiny, taste is too fickle a thing especially with that sort of online RPG-type progression game. Even if Bungee had made the game exactly how they wanted and the majority of players loved what they did there's still the chance it wouldn't be to my taste and the season pass money would be wasted on top of the box price.

Closest thing I get to buying a season pass is the expansions/seasons for Elite: Dangerous, but I saw that purchase more like paying them back for the hundreds of hours I'd already sunk into the game (if it had used a sub model I would have happily paid more than the cost of the DLC/expansion so I had nothing to lose in paying for content up-front.)

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have the internal memo's/meetings for the targets of the games? How do you know they dont get given directives from up top? Thats normally how businesses work. The suits lay out the plan/targets and the directors do their best to meet it.

I can only judge them on what I have seen. And blizzard north never had cash shops and micro transactions in their games. Might have been because it was a different time, but I struggle to imagine the guys and girls that made warcraft 3/diablo 1&2 would have wanted a real money auction house or cash shop to buy cosmetics in the game. The quality and passion put into the games is what made them a success and sold millions of units to make great money too.
    The guys who made Lost Vikings and Rock'n'Roll probably wouldn't have considered cutting their games in half to make expansion packs, the people who made the first Diablo games probably never considered charging a monthly fee to use their servers. Times change, business models adjust too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

The guys who made Lost Vikings and Rock'n'Roll probably wouldn't have considered cutting their games in half to make expansion packs, the people who made the first Diablo games probably never considered charging a monthly fee to use their servers. Times change, business models adjust too.
    Yeah I did say it was a different time. Customers change and adapt too. I've had enough of their business practices and im choosing to talk with my wallet which is the only language they speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Another day, another destiny 2 scandal. This time throttling content again, but instead of experience its the faction rally tokens

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/01/1...ments-incoming

People probably dont care anymore, just kinda funny how inept they are. Its like a south park parody at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another destiny 2 scandal. This time throttling content again, but instead of experience its the faction rally tokens

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/01/1...ments-incoming

People probably dont care anymore, just kinda funny how inept they are. Its like a south park parody at this point
    Yeah, i'm basically done with Bungie. They have proven that with as much money as they have available to them, they are incapable of putting out a quality product.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The token cap was known about from day 1 of this rally, IIRC. It's not a terrible idea at its core - it absolutely counters all the creative ways of exploiting the game to farm tokens that folks figure out - but it wasn't messaged proactively and wasn't implemented well.

Yet again Bungo can't stop shooting themselves in the foot. I'm surprised they have any of their feet left to shoot at this point, to be honest.

If nothing else, watching Bungo burn their house down to the foundation with these terrible decisions and the continued awful communication is making for some top-quality popcorn. It's more enjoyable for me than actually playing the game right now, so at least they're delivering some enjoyment : |

I call it now: There will be no content updates outside low budget events/DLC 1+2 and next year they will release full price Destiny 3 which is basically fixed Destiny 2. In order to fullfill their each year release contract they will simply make a Game of the Year edition with DLC 1+2.
    Go Bungo go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    I call it now: There will be no content updates outside low budget events/DLC 1+2 and next year they will release full price Destiny 3 which is basically fixed Destiny 2. In order to fullfill their each year release contract they will simply make a Game of the Year edition with DLC 1+2.
    Go Bungo go.
    They need a physical release once per 12 months according to their activision contract. There will be a 'd2+dlc' physical before the year is out. Gotta shill that first.

https://twitter.com/cgbarrett/status/953863030621655040

There it is again.
    "Next time guys, next time we will try to communicate".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    https://twitter.com/cgbarrett/status/953863030621655040

There it is again.
    "Next time guys, next time we will try to communicate".
    If I had a nickle every time I heard that from Bungo with Destiny 2...I'd have a lot of nickles, at least. Could probably get myself a decent meal out of it!

In what universe can a developer, with a strait face, say "should we inform players we changed the reward system from last time?, Nah it will be ok".
    And why is that man not fired yet.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    In what universe can a developer, with a strait face, say "should we inform players we changed the reward system from last time?, Nah it will be ok".
    And why is that man not fired yet.
    I mean, I can only imagine the level of dysfunction going on inside Bungo to begin with, but with the disasters left and right I imagine quite a bit is falling through the cracks as they're panicked and trying to figure out how to fix shit without actually having to do any work. Because I still don't believe that anyone that actually puts in 40 hour work weeks actually working, especially the sandbox team.

If I had a nickle every time I heard that from Bungo with Destiny 2...I'd have a lot of nickles, at least. Could probably get myself a decent meal out of it!
    B-but they said they are listening and will work to improve! a-and they mean it this time! Bungies a good man, he can change! it will be like the good old times again! this black eye was my own fault! i walked into a door! Hes a good man!

I mean, I can only imagine the level of dysfunction going on inside Bungo to begin with, but with the disasters left and right I imagine quite a bit is falling through the cracks as they're panicked and trying to figure out how to fix shit without actually having to do any work. Because I still don't believe that anyone that actually puts in 40 hour work weeks actually working, especially the sandbox team.
    As i said before. It is just shitshow after shitshow. Could be angry but have way more fun laughing

On the plus side - agatha mage tower is stupidly easy. Got 3 weapon skins just today :P

If I had a nickle every time I have heard that from Bungie, I could use it to buy Destiny 3...

/Kappa
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46582

Weekly update is out and...yeah, it's kinda bad. At least they admit that they messed up communication on Faction rewards, even if they didn't appologize.

And the entire section with Josh Hamrick was completely, 100% pointless. Literally no information delivered at all other than vague platitudes and forced optimism. 358 words of nothing at all, truly impressive.

Bungo continues to have the worst communication I've seen from a AAA developer in a long while.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-01-19 at 01:28 AM.