Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? July update doesn't look bad, and the Forsaken outline clearly shows that most of the team was working on Forsaken rather than the live game and explains the slow pace/scope of changes so far. It's no more depressing than it's ever been, and IMO is far less since, even if you're salty, at least the September update is finally fixing a huge chunk of the shit that's broken and people have been complaining about. Not everything, but a huge chunk of it. I mean, WE WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO DELETE SHADER STACKS WITHOUT GOING ONE, THE FUTURE IS NOW : P
    It's more that when I look at that upto July not a single thing wants to make me even consider reinstalling.

For sure September is fixing stuff but way too late for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's more that when I look at that upto July not a single thing wants to make me even consider reinstalling.

For sure September is fixing stuff but way too late for me personally.
    Well, like all the other monthly updates it's not supposed to be a "Jesus" patch, but it does bring some shit folks have been wanting. PC clan chat is finally coming and will hopefully make PC a little less obnoxious...if they've resolved the chat awareness issue as it's still pretty easy to miss chat messages right now.

6v6 quickplay and permanent rumble should keep PvP players happier since they can avoid the dumpster fire that is competitive solo queue right now.

Bounties, if they're what was in the first game, should be a nice added bonus for doing content to make it a bit more rewarding.

More exotic armor changes are good, and hopefully it'll be more than 2 per class with this patch.

It's a decent monthly update. Nothing super exciting, nothing mind blowing, but alright. September is when the big fixes come, even if you don't buy the expansion but still want to see who they shake out.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    That's just pointless, you can't complain about it not being worth the money until you see the final product.
    Actually you can. You take the information given to you and make a judgement call on it. Also it isn't just spending $40, its spending a total of $140 and some people are not seeing the worth of another $40 on top of the $100 they already spent.

The game shouldn't be trying to limp its way to where Destiny 1 was in year 3, it should be better. I know I'm not buying it because its Bungie and I know they are going to drop the ball.

Only chance I get it is when it drops down to $10 for the physical release.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't think it's worth the money then don't spend the money it isn't freaken rocket science. Complaining about it won't change anything cause at the end of the day they have to make back the money they spent on development.
    So your argument is if you don't like it fine but you can't provide criticism about a product.

Let me be 100% clear, I give ZERO fuck's how much they spent on development. I am a consumer not a share holder, There cost means nothing to me the final product does.

You can spend a low amount and make a amazing game, You can spend a high amount and make a shitty game or vise versa.

Its what you do with that development that matters and so far Bungie has fucked it up every step of the way.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-06-06 at 02:29 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm a little curious. The reveal has addressed pretty much every single issue that the community has complained about. Yes it should've been in at release, yes they're oversights, the current state of the game is awful, yada yada and so on. Despite all that, what exactly does it take for the people here complaining constantly, to not complain as much? Just doesn't make sense to me.

All of the complaints this thread has ceaselessly had about the state of the game were addressed in the September DLC as changes coming. Yes, again, they should've been in at release, I know. But pretty much every major complaint the community has had (or changes wanted), they're addressing in the September release. Instead of any acknowledgement of that, it's another page filled with hate about what they should've done, why the game sucks etc, and how charging money is a problem for it.

Is there anything that would turn you people around? Or has it just come to the point that no matter what happens or what positive changes are made, you will still come here to trashtalk the game constantly? Just seems like the only people posting in this thread are people who have entirely given up, and use this thread to do nothing but vent about how they hate the game. I'd think if I was at that point, I'd just move on entirely and leave it behind. But so many people in here tirelessly repeat the same complaints about the game, even amidst all the positive changes coming there's no acknowledgement.

Being skeptical is fine, being cautious is fine, but that's not what is happening. It's just "Bungie are hopeless, I can't trust them and this expansion will be shit" - despite all the major complaints being addressed today. Just don't get it really. If you're at the point where there's nothing that could convince you, isn't that the time to just move on?

Not interested in replies from Jtbrig and Zephyr as they've both proven to hate no matter what happens in the last 3-4 years (so don't waste your energy replying to this). But the rest I am curious about.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Not interested in replies from Jtbrig and Zephyr as they've both proven to hate no matter what happens in the last 3-4 years (so don't waste your energy replying to this). But the rest I am curious about.
    Your right I hate a game so much I put a shit ton of hours and money into it, You got me buddy.

But to answer your wall of text.

For me to come back to Destiny they would need to do the fallowing.

1) Ether remove or actually fallow up on the promise they made with eververse.
    2) Fix the endgame/gear grind.
    3) Add a queable mode for raiding/nightfalls. not the shitty bastard child that guided games is.
    4) Make content worth doing and rewarding.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-06-06 at 02:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    That being said, I feel like they're trying with Forsaken. I watched the vidoc and took away the feeling that we may finally get the game we deserve. But 1-2 weeks of reviews before purchasing is 100% guaranteed. They won't fool me a third time.
    Yep, the expansion looks pretty great. Just bums me out that I guess I've fallen off the wagon so to speak, because this is the kind of shit I wanted to see when I was still playing the game heavily despite the glaring flaws and being salty. Maybe I'll get over my salt and get the bug to play down the road and pick it up on sale or something, but I just don't find myself getting truly "excited". Because stepping back, it totally should excite me...it just isn't : /

Regardless, I hope it's as awesome as it seems at first blush, because the folks who haven't fallen off the wagon will be able to enjoy a great expansion and that'll be fuckin rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

So your argument is if you don't like it fine but you can't provide criticism about a product.
    I'm saying, What's the point? If you've already decided not to buy it why waste your time complaining about it. Unless it's so important that you justify your decision to random people on the internet. If you don't wanna spend money on it then just go away, move on with your life and try an find some happiness. Cause I sincerely hope you don't only get joy sitting around complaining about stuff that doesn't even concern you.

I'm saying, What's the point? If you've already decided not to buy it why waste your time complaining about it. Unless it's so important that you justify your decision to random people on the internet. If you don't wanna spend money on it then just go away, move on with your life and try an find some happiness. Cause I sincerely hope you don't only get joy sitting around complaining about stuff that doesn't even concern you.
    Because I can, Because this thread isn't about only the positives of Destiny and those who wish to buy it. Its about people talking about the game and giving opinions from both sides.

Mine is that so far I'm not convinced to buy it and likely won't be. With like other online games I will keep a eye on it in the hope that it improves to the point I want to be excited for it and buy it.

Honestly if u can't handle that maybe u should put me and others u don't want to see post on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because I can, Because this thread isn't about only the positives of Destiny and those who wish to buy it. Its about people talking about the game and giving opinions from both sides.

Mine is that so far I'm not convinced to buy it and likely won't be. With like other online games I will keep a eye on it in the hope that it improves to the point I want to be excited for it and buy it.

Honestly if u can't handle that maybe u should put me and others u don't want to see post on ignore.
    I just find it silly seeing how passionate people get about it. I have never gotten angry over a game I just don't see the point and seeing people dedicating so much time just repeating themselves over and over again because the thought of anyone enjoying the game just seems to bother them is silly. If I don't like a game I might express my opinion somewhere and then move on with my life. I certainly don't put as as much effort into expressing that opinion as much as people like you and Zeph seem to.

I just find it silly seeing how passionate people get about it. I have never gotten angry over a game I just don't see the point and seeing people dedicating so much time just repeating themselves over and over again because the thought of anyone enjoying the game just seems to bother them is silly. If I don't like a game I might express my opinion somewhere and then move on with my life. I certainly don't put as as much effort into expressing that opinion as much as people like you and Zeph seem to.
    As much time??? It takes a moment to post and I'm on a forum site. You also realize I can do many things at once right? You act like it takes hours to reply to a comment or post a opinion.

Some people may be passionate (I am a bit) because I actually do like the game and want to see it improve. I'm just not holding my breath on that happening anytime soon. People get a bit passionate about things when they drop a lot of time/money into them.

I'm usually not a fan of the amount of negativity you get on gaming forums, I'd rather people who don't like a game move on to something else and let the people who do talk about what they enjoy. However there's no denying that D2 has multiple issues, and compared to a lot of games/threads the negative posters here are being relatively restrained and mostly constructive. This isn't just a bunch of haters ragging on a game that's been developed for different tastes, there is plenty of scope for real improvements that would appeal to jaded players without detracting from the experience of those who are satisfied.

- - - Updated - - -

Destiny 2 has fantastic core gameplay, brilliant aesthetics (if you like that sort of thing) and an intriguing if shallow (or at least shallowly portrayed) setting. Bungee have failed to package it in a way that incentivises people to play. For the most part the people being critical are doing so to maintain some connection and interest in the game in case it becomes something they do want to play again.

Personally I pre-ordered it. The game had many flaws but I still put over 300h in it, so I cant say I didnt like it. I'm happy with what they showed, just hope they finally see reason and put the matchmaking system for others activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Personally I pre-ordered it. The game had many flaws but I still put over 300h in it, so I cant say I didnt like it. I'm happy with what they showed, just hope they finally see reason and put the matchmaking system for others activities.
    I generally never pre-order except through Amazon because they sometimes price pre-orders at a discount.

I'm probably gonna level up my other 2 classes to see if I can make the faction rep grind a little easier. Been putting it off since I made the switch to PC.

Also did Heroic strikes milestone for the first time since Warmind launched. Really good modifiers today made the strikes really easy, just equip a good void power weapon and watch enemies melt. Killed the inverted spire boss in seconds which is always fun to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    My single greatest complaint about not only Destiny 2 but the expansions is FUCKING SHADERS. Why are there more shaders than we can carry? Why are they even stackable? Now that they're adding these Collection tabs, and the vid even shows there is one for Shaders, why can't it just be that once we have the shader we have an unlimited supply of it? It's fucking ridiculous. Just make it cost varying amounts of glimmer to use (if it doesn't already, sorry I haven't applied shaders in a long time so I can't remember) and let us collect them all. They mention "Bulk Shader Deletion" like it's something cool and awesome. It's fucking archaic is what it is.

As far as the rest of the content, I giggled like a little girl when I saw the bows! I love bows in games. Every Skyrim char I have ever made used bows. I use bows or crossbows in every game I can. I just hope they do them right!

I also really like the Collections. I'm a huge collector in games. If there's something to collect, I fucking collect it! It would be nice if Legendaries were re-craftable like Exotics are in this new collection thing. They wouldn't need to expand the vault. Missed opportunity here. Just make it cost shards like Exotics do, armor is mostly just cosmetic anyway. The stats can be rerolled, the mods can be changed already, it's just a matter of which pieces you want to roll with to look how you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot's of people complaining about paying money for new content. Personally I don't see the point, $40 isn't alot and if you think it is you need to reevaluate your priorities.
    Just to chip in on this. I agree €40 isn't much. The only thing that is making me a bit reluctant, is that I paid €60 for the base game and I didn't enjoy it, I actually un-installed it in November (PC).

Paying another €40 will put Destiny 2 on a €100 note hoping it'll be a more enjoyable game. So that's a €100 gamble, which in turn is a lot of money.

Hey man you can complain all you want about how you think this all should have been in the game at launch or you can pull that stick out your ass and be excited about all the new stuff coming.

Lot's of people complaining about paying money for new content. Personally I don't see the point, $40 isn't alot and if you think it is you need to reevaluate your priorities.

I'm excited for all the stuff they announced, really curious how exactly the new weapon slots work and the new game mode could be fun but I won't know until I give it a shot. I'm sure people will be happy to see power levels return to trials and Iron banner though I've never really cared about that. Definitely happy about new supers they all look awesome. Curious about the bows they mentioned one that was also a sub-machine gun so curious how bows will work. All in all it looks great, definitely excited to play it in September.
    D2 newbie spotted.

If you had been around since D1 Beta like I have been, you’d be singing a completely different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    D2 newbie spotted.

If you had been around since D1 Beta like I have been, you’d be singing a completely different tune.
    Been playing destiny since D1 Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    After throwing nearly £80 at it myself I can safely say I won't be touching Forsaken. Other 2 "expansions" were not expansions and added barely anything of worth to the game.

The fact it's taking them this long to fix it after the majority of players said why and left is laughable. They literally threw whatever goodwill they had from players out of the window and into the garbage truck.

Bungie aren't a AAA company anymore. Sorry but they just aren't.

As I said I have an odd feeling if we get a Halo 6 that Bungie will fuck that up as well.
    You do realize that Bungie has nothing to do with Halo anymore right? 343 Industries is the developer who now makes the Halo games.

I was playing destiny before it was even on alpha and was in bungies staffroom break room where you could play it at lunch times and after work.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    I'm a little curious. The reveal has addressed pretty much every single issue that the community has complained about. Yes it should've been in at release, yes they're oversights, the current state of the game is awful, yada yada and so on. Despite all that, what exactly does it take for the people here complaining constantly, to not complain as much? Just doesn't make sense to me.

All of the complaints this thread has ceaselessly had about the state of the game were addressed in the September DLC as changes coming. Yes, again, they should've been in at release, I know. But pretty much every major complaint the community has had (or changes wanted), they're addressing in the September release. Instead of any acknowledgement of that, it's another page filled with hate about what they should've done, why the game sucks etc, and how charging money is a problem for it.

Is there anything that would turn you people around? Or has it just come to the point that no matter what happens or what positive changes are made, you will still come here to trashtalk the game constantly? Just seems like the only people posting in this thread are people who have entirely given up, and use this thread to do nothing but vent about how they hate the game. I'd think if I was at that point, I'd just move on entirely and leave it behind. But so many people in here tirelessly repeat the same complaints about the game, even amidst all the positive changes coming there's no acknowledgement.

Being skeptical is fine, being cautious is fine, but that's not what is happening. It's just "Bungie are hopeless, I can't trust them and this expansion will be shit" - despite all the major complaints being addressed today. Just don't get it really. If you're at the point where there's nothing that could convince you, isn't that the time to just move on?

Was wondering how long it’d take you to show up after a big Destiny reveal and defend it yet again, Eso. You didn’t disappoint as always. Still sucking on that Bungie tit I see.

The fact you’re defending Bungie for literally repeating the same mistakes as D1 and only giving us the finished product a year after release and making us spend even more money for it speaks volumes of just how far you’ll go to defend this franchise. You’ve proven time and time again you will bend over and take it from Bungie because of your precious Destiny YouTube videos.

Anything you say has way less merit to it than what you’re claiming of my posts because of the obvious bias you have toward the game and the fact your YouTube channel is so heavily invested in the Destiny franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. That makes your situation even sadder than I thought.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-06 at 07:46 AM.