Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and you are misunderstanding what I"m saying. and what i'm saying is it will NOT be $60. it will be, best case scenario - $80, not counting annual pass. aka the cost of base game _ original season pass, when on sale plus regular cost of forsaken. and it still doesn't make it all that much better... at all, for people who already HAVE a base game. regardless of whether you do, or do not, these prices are nuts for the amount of content that they get you.
    Okay look I'm gonna try to explain this one last time, Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition at launch included the base game + all the DLC for $59.99 USD, They did the same thing with Rise of Iron and there is absolutely no reason to believe they won't do the same thing with Forsaken. There is a chance the pricing might be different but until they announce something it's safe to assume they are gonna continue using the same pricing structure they have always used.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Okay look I'm gonna try to explain this one last time, Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition at launch included the base game + all the DLC for $59.99 USD, They did the same thing with Rise of Iron and there is absolutely no reason to believe they won't do the same thing with Forsaken. There is a chance the pricing might be different but until they announce something it's safe to assume they are gonna continue using the same pricing structure they have always used.
    but how can we pretend they are forcing us to pay $460 to play the next expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    but how can we pretend they are forcing us to pay $460 to play the next expansion?
    Stop it!! Stop it now!! Stop mocking the nay-sayers/crybabies. They need something to piss about all the time or else the universe will explode. So please for all our safety stop it now, I beg you?????!!!!

This is unfortunately a different situation since with TTK they decided to drop the mini dlc and drop free content every 3-4 months with holiday events. There was no more annual pass after destiny 1 year 2. The cash grab with destiny 2 year 2 is obvious and theres no way theyre only going to charge $60 for a legendary edition with y2 annual pass included.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is unfortunately a different situation since with TTK they decided to drop the mini dlc and drop free content every 3-4 months with holiday events. There was no more annual pass after destiny 1 year 2. The cash grab with destiny 2 year 2 is obvious and theres no way theyre only going to charge $60 for a legendary edition with y2 annual pass included.
    I wasn't talking about the annual pass, that is a separate purchase that does not need to be purchased at launch. With it included the cost would probably be around $90 USD for some kind of digital deluxe edition similar to what they offered when D2 launched.

Debatable saying Destiny 2 has a lot of content.

Curse of Osiris has Mercury which is garbage. Mars is ok but nothing special.

Heroic Strikes are just what Nightfall should have been.

Shovelling Eververse at the start was not content. It was trash.

The raid is poorly done this time around with just "lairs".

All in all it's debatable saying this game is worth £50 to get into right now. Bungie are finally listening but I imagine for most people it's way too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Stop it!! Stop it now!! Stop mocking the nay-sayers/crybabies. They need something to piss about all the time or else the universe will explode. So please for all our safety stop it now, I beg you?????!!!!
    We get it mate. Anyone not saying Destiny is the best game are "naysayers"

In fact I'll just leave you with this since it's clear what you are doing and I've already been down this road with the "content creator" and other guy spouting it's the best.

The game lost 80% of it's players in the space of 6-8 months. YOU lot are in the minority on this one with the blind love. More people have left the game than those that stuck around. So yes Bungie better be fucking working out why those people left and the fact it's taken them this long is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    wat. destiny has a metric fuck load of content. it is easily worth 80-100 for the time you will get out of it.

id be willing to bet money as well, forsaken will release just like TTK did, it will include, base+year 1 dlc, and the forsaken expac for $60. just wait.
    Subjective on Destiny 2.

It's more a Destiny 1.5 than it is Destiny 2 right now imo. That story could have easily been DLC for Destiny 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The cash grab was obvious at the start mate when they funnelled shit into Eververse and called it "content".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-10 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Debatable saying Destiny 2 has a lot of content.

Curse of Osiris has Mercury which is garbage. Mars is ok but nothing special.

Heroic Strikes are just what Nightfall should have been.

Shovelling Eververse at the start was not content. It was trash.

The raid is poorly done this time around with just "lairs" rather than a new raid across Leviathan.

All in all it's debatable saying this game is worth £50 to get into right now. Bungie are finally listening but I imagine for most people it's way too late.

- - - Updated - - -

We get it mate. Anyone not saying Destiny is the best game are "naysayers"

In fact I'll just leave you with this since it's clear what you are doing and I've already been down this road with the "content creator" and other guy spouting it's the best.

The game lost 80% of it's players in the space of 6-8 months. YOU lot are in the minority on this one with the blind love. More people have left the game than those that stuck around. So yes Bungie better be fucking working out why those people left and the fact it's taken them this long is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Subjective on Destiny 2.

It's more a Destiny 1.5 than it is Destiny 2 right now imo. That story could have easily been DLC for Destiny 1.

- - - Updated - - -

The cash grab was obvious at the start mate when they funnelled shit into Eververse and called it "content".
    See what I dont seem to understand is that you cry when we call you naysayers but you want to call some one who enjoys their time in the game fanboys? Even though that same fanboys also pointed out that there is major issues with the game. You are correct in saying it lost most of its player base, and you are correct in not trusting them in what they (Bungie) say is to come with the Forsaken patch (it is on them to prove you wrong), but what does it matter anyway since you already made up your mind and it doesnt matter if the game turns out to be quite good (read: not the best as you try to imply I am saying), you will still think it is the worst game in history.

The actual problem here is acceptance. You made an error in judgement by buying a game that you thought/hoped would be good, and it turned out not to your liking, and now instead of accepting your loss/error in judgement you want to piss and cry about every aspect of the game you bought (even the expansion you are not going to buy is now under fire). I am not saying you should not raise any concerns that you have with the game, I am just saying that you should not do it every second post about the same shit over and over again, and treat the ones that actually still play the game sometimes like they know nothing and/or call them fanboys. Those fanboys accept they spent money on a not so perfect game as they would have liked to, but they try and make the best of a worst case scenario, hence they still play the game.

P.S *You - is not only you specifically but all the naysayers that I generalized (and apparently offended).

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wait does the original season pass not even work for the new DLC?

Does destiny 2 have 2 season passes???
    Right now the base game + DLC is £50.

Forsaken is £34.99. You need that £50 pack to purchase Forsaken as is.

Whether they reduce the cost is unknown but given Bungies trend of D1 they might.

Although even with the reduction I imagine getting Forsaken with the Annual Pass will still come to around £70-80. Which is gross.

Also I agree with you again mate. Bungie are getting as bad as companies like EA or Trion.

tell me something. how much. was. the game. selling. for. prior to release of taken king? you know, for the sake of math and all. and how much was taken king if bought separately, at release?

tell me something. how much. was. the game. selling. for. prior to release of taken king? you know, for the sake of math and all. and how much was taken king if bought separately, at release?
    I can't say for sure the price of the base game since much like Destiny 2 I'm sure it was constantly on sale prior to taken kings release and I have no clue if it received any kind of price cut before hand (I bought my copy used off ebay months after release) but Taken King was $40 by it's self just like Forsaken.

I can't say for sure the price of the base game since much like Destiny 2 I'm sure it was constantly on sale prior to taken kings release and I have no clue if it received any kind of price cut before hand (I bought my copy used off ebay months after release) but Taken King was $40 by it's self just like Forsaken.
    so basically what it means. they are fucking over people who own the game and first season pass either way. and yes, yes, i'm aware that pries change, but they are still selling base game plus expac at a full price, with a current deep sale price being $40.

oh and taken king, as far as i know - didn't come with extra $30 annual pass on top if it. NOT counting deluxe edition.

and yes, I can both enjoy the game I have already AND be pissed off about their pricing practices and general attitudes. all it means is that there is a high likelyhood that once i'm done with game i have right now, i'll just drop it and not buy any future extras for it.

Well I managed to get to rank 50, happy that I stuck with it. Overall I'd say Faction Rally was alot of fun, the 2 main things I would change is the time commitment needed to get everything and the inability to buy the armor though supposedly that was just a bug, not sure if that's true but if it is hopefully they get it fixed before the next one.

Focusing on leveling my Hunter now and it's hilarious how much the Graviton Lance trivializes things which is good since I'll be using it exclusively until I finish upgrading it to masterwork. Too bad I won't be able to use it when leveling my warlock.

I got to 50 but faction rally was just a grind of stuff we have done before nothing exciting about it at all lol, that's one of the issues with destiny, every event is just more of the same

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    I got to 50 but faction rally was just a grind of stuff we have done before nothing exciting about it at all lol, that's one of the issues with destiny, every event is just more of the same
    At least the renown system actually added in a bit of a change, previously it was literally just "get free tokens for doing shit you're already doing."

Definite improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least the renown system actually added in a bit of a change, previously it was literally just "get free tokens for doing shit you're already doing."

Definite improvement.
    Agreed the renown system really helped spice up patrols and made the lost sectors feel like an actual challenge.

if you have crimson they are easy af lol just heal yourself on every kill

- - - Updated - - -

that story trailer though..rip

Really cool teaser for the story as we got Uldren shooting Cayde with his own gun. definitely has me excited to hunt these bastards down.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    if you have crimson they are easy af lol just heal yourself on every kill

- - - Updated - - -

that story trailer though..rip
    That story trailer was meh. Although that's the Destiny story in a nutshell for you. Lore for it is worse than WoW these days and that is saying a lot.

oh Bungie. all the cash grabs AND you kill of fan favorite character? in a TRAILER? sigh. they are like a poster company on how NOT to do pr.

oh Bungie. all the cash grabs AND you kill of fan favorite character? in a TRAILER? sigh. they are like a poster company on how NOT to do pr.
    None of that is PR, but I don't disagree that it's dumb. I'm assuming this is the writing team overcorrecting for the vast criticism over the games tone being far too happy and fun given the actual narrative presented. Still wish they'd pop in and do a TWAB or really anything to interact with the community to get direct feedback and provide some details for how the writing and story ended up the way they did.