Hey mates its any on google very good guide for new players ? Im totally lost in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    Hey mates its any on google very good guide for new players ? Im totally lost in the game.
    Hey Haligy. What kind of guide are you looking for? Do you have any specific questions?
    If not, here are a few guides / tips / etc:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOoHM7oUOM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LixYuJw9jjE&
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n500NsFmFb4&

Have fun!

I started playing this game because a large portion of it is free now. I haven't played any Destiny 2 but played a fair bit of the first game. So far I'm really liking it--mostly because it's something different than games I've been playing lately.

Like always though I'm finding it hard to figure out which class to play. It's between Warlock and Titan because my main focus is always PvE. I'll probably go Titan though because it may be a bit better for solo stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three classes are able to solo efficiently, don't worry about it. Just play what 'feels good' for you.
    This guy completes a lot of hard content solo for example: https://www.youtube.com/user/tassssssssss/videos
    Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    All three classes are able to solo efficiently, don't worry about it. Just play what 'feels good' for you.
    This guy completes a lot of hard content solo for example: https://www.youtube.com/user/tassssssssss/videos
    Have fun.
    Thanks the the suggestion! Do you happen to know which class or spec is most wanted or needed for pve raids? It's what I must enjoyed about D1.

I'm assuming it probably doesn't matter or the answer is bubble Titan or healing well warlock but thought I would ask. Thank you again!

10+ Year Old Account
    A raid group consists of 6 players. Since there are 3 classes, there's usually at least 1 titan for the Weapons of Light buff and 1 warlock for the Well of Radiance buff.
    Two more things to keep in mind: usually players have one of each, and if at the start of a raid someone decides that you need a certain class, someone will be happy to switch. It takes 1-2 minutes.
    Don't worry about it.
    There are Triumphs in raids: complete a raid with same class & same spec. We did them, for example Arc Hunters. No bubble, no well, no problems.

Hey ty for guides LIKE it.

I dont get in i going Q for sundal but nobody join i dont get it ppl dont play this for artifact or ? Cant beat solo

Quote Originally Posted by Haligy View Post
    Hey ty for guides LIKE it.

I dont get in i going Q for sundal but nobody join i dont get it ppl dont play this for artifact or ? Cant beat solo
    Matchmaking is a little wonky right now if you wind up in Sundial alone just wait for people to join it shouldn't take long. It won't start until somebody actually starts it.

Is the new expansion worth getting? I haven't played since launch.. I mainly play solo and I don't have the time to endlessly grind for things, will it still be a decent mmo to play?

I've been out of the loop for a long time..
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Theory time: Zavala will die. Soon. Saint is back to take his place as titan vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Theory time: Zavala will die. Soon. Saint is back to take his place as titan vanguard.
    I can believe it. Probably because Lance Reddick is too good and too expensive for Destiny's small indie studio budget.

Destiny 2 deleted 2/3 of their content

Did you guys know this?

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49189

Been MMO hopping and found myself back in Destiny 2 for a bit only to find out they moved several planets worth of content to a "vault". Not accessible. I can't think of any other game doing something on this level... seems totally fucked.

Thoughts?

it's mainly a console game. at least among my friends, the pc players don't really touch it. so you have to keep in mind consoles have very limited memory when compared to computers. they removed that content to simply make room for new content. that said, they really should've MADE that new content before they took the old away...

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    it's mainly a console game. at least among my friends, the pc players don't really touch it. so you have to keep in mind consoles have very limited memory when compared to computers. they removed that content to simply make room for new content. that said, they really should've MADE that new content before they took the old away...
    Isn't ESO a console MMO as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    To make more space in terms of Gigabites. Probably gets to a point for consoles its rough. Thats a bit of speculation and I'm not necessarily fond of removing content like that, I get why they did it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sorry this argument is dumb.

There is much bigger MMO's on consoles and the storage isn't a issue. Examples being FFXIV (10 years of content) ESO and others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    To make more space in terms of Gigabites. Probably gets to a point for consoles its rough. Thats a bit of speculation and I'm not necessarily fond of removing content like that, I get why they did it.
    Space isn't a issue for consoles.

Their reason for removing the content was bullshit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Merged the thread with the main megathread.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Did you guys know this?

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49189

Been MMO hopping and found myself back in Destiny 2 for a bit only to find out they moved several planets worth of content to a "vault". Not accessible. I can't think of any other game doing something on this level... seems totally fucked.

Thoughts?
    Yes, sadly. It's likely a consequence of them never planning to support the game for so long, they were supposed to be on Destiny 3 by now. I've already fallen off the train, and between this and sunsetting weapons I lost any desire to come back to the game. Tried it a while back and was so completely lost that I barely lasted a day.

Thankfully they're at least reversing course on sunsetting.

But overall yeah. It's shitty and dumb, and is probably the result of them still trying to deal with a lot of the jank that was in Destiny 2 and everyone hoped would be addressed in Destiny 3. I still don't think Bungie quite knows what they want to do with the game, or what they're necessarily doing with it. They've stopped fleeing the "MMO" label at least, but they don't treat it like a MMO in any sense of the word.

Like, I know MMO's have temporary content and sometimes they will remove some content in much older games, but Destiny 2 absolutely gutted its content in pretty short order. The new player experience from what I gathered from some friends who tried recently is pretty piss too, since so much of the narrative/setting was set during campaigns and on worlds that are no longer accessible.

Who's Cayde and why do we care about his death? You weren't here for that part of the game when it was live? Well, use the internet to search out what you missed, because we're not gonna bloody tell ya!

- - - Updated - - -

It's still got a pretty sizable PC audience, even without the likely larger Bnet playerbase the game still sees an average concurrency of 50-60K on Steam, which is massive.

Memory isn't the issue on consoles, even PS4/Xbox One. Nor is it necessarily space (see: CoD Warzone which is rapidly ballooning to 500GB+). I imagine it was causing them issues more than anything else, and was making ongoing development more time consuming (we know their engine is...not great for quickly creating literally anything, and I don't know if the improvements they said were supposed to be in by Destiny 2's launch ever actually made it). There are larger/more complex games on last-gen hardware that still run just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Merged the thread with the main megathread.

Yes, sadly. It's likely a consequence of them never planning to support the game for so long, they were supposed to be on Destiny 3 by now. I've already fallen off the train, and between this and sunsetting weapons I lost any desire to come back to the game. Tried it a while back and was so completely lost that I barely lasted a day.

Thankfully they're at least reversing course on sunsetting.

But overall yeah. It's shitty and dumb, and is probably the result of them still trying to deal with a lot of the jank that was in Destiny 2 and everyone hoped would be addressed in Destiny 3. I still don't think Bungie quite knows what they want to do with the game, or what they're necessarily doing with it. They've stopped fleeing the "MMO" label at least, but they don't treat it like a MMO in any sense of the word.

Like, I know MMO's have temporary content and sometimes they will remove some content in much older games, but Destiny 2 absolutely gutted its content in pretty short order. The new player experience from what I gathered from some friends who tried recently is pretty piss too, since so much of the narrative/setting was set during campaigns and on worlds that are no longer accessible.

Who's Cayde and why do we care about his death? You weren't here for that part of the game when it was live? Well, use the internet to search out what you missed, because we're not gonna bloody tell ya!
    I can second the experience of your friends. I hopped back in and was enjoying myself but they threw me into the middle of the latest story and I felt completely lost. I thought ok well I'll make a new character and play through the story again for a refresher.... except... I can't. I googled like crazy because I didn't believe they would ever do something like that. I've heard of revamping old content but just cutting it outright? It's not even old yet. People even PAID for some of that content as DLC.

Surprised I didn't hear about this more when it first happened it's by far the dumbest thing I've ever seen an MMO do. Literally just killed all the interest I had in the game. There's definitely something to be said about MMOs being pretty massive content wise to keep updated but this was easily the worst solution possible. Especially when you have MMOs that are on console that still compress their game pretty well and never cut content like that. With the cut content it's only 70gb yet we have CoD at 500 and ESO at 120...

This has to be the franchise that disappointed me the most. Has so much promise but they just make such stupid decisions. The gunplay is fun, the guns themselves are fun. The worlds are super cool aesthetically and fun to explore. The design of the UI, armor, guns... all amazing. Music and sound... awesome.

So close then they do something like that. Unreal.

Yeah, friend is desperately trying to get me in this, and I actually did the original campaign about 2 years go when it first went FtP, but logging back on my character now forces me to do the new expansion's prologue mission, OK fair enough except for the NPC being a glorified DLC salesman afterwards. Then I decide, hey, there's some other campaigns I haven't done... but they're just not here anymore. Right, fine, maybe do Forsaken? It's legacy content after all, so it's probably not behind a payw- aaaand it's still behind a paywall. So with all the year 1 content gone, what's a free to play player to even do anyway? Just Strikes, PvP and Gambit? The latter is pretty fun but not even close to being worth the price of admission, especially given that the gunplay still feels kinda flat and floaty, like a less bad version of Halo.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.