Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As additional advise you can control which tank goes to the platform every time. As a paladin tank I pick up pursuit of Justice and orb collect like a champ. When I get back to the main platform I step into the circle and our druid tank steps out, I become the active tank again and get sent right back for the next cackle. As a Paladin you have higher consistent mobility and ranged potency while collecting the orbs than a druid would, you can also alternate bubble/GoAK for each death blossom, just be sure to cancel the aura before the cast ends. Meanwhile your druid who should be pulling significantly more damage than the paladin anyway can hammer away at the boss the entire time ending the fight faster.

Quote Originally Posted by -ex- View Post
    As additional advise you can control which tank goes to the platform every time. As a paladin tank I pick up pursuit of Justice and orb collect like a champ. When I get back to the main platform I step into the circle and our druid tank steps out, I become the active tank again and get sent right back for the next cackle. As a Paladin you have higher consistent mobility and ranged potency while collecting the orbs than a druid would, you can also alternate bubble/GoAK for each death blossom, just be sure to cancel the aura before the cast ends. Meanwhile your druid who should be pulling significantly more damage than the paladin anyway can hammer away at the boss the entire time ending the fight faster.
    But by doing this you are wasting the fearless buff on the add, not to mention wasting 20% of it traveling because of the cackle.

the dps requirement that someone posted may seem kinda low on the platforms but you gotta remember that youre not able to stand still and dps. you have to dodge the spray(unless u get the easy platform where its sidestrafing every 5+ seconds) make sure if u have a pally to have him bop a caster during death blossom. our tank and rogue stay and dps/collect orbs during that as well. and although the berserk isnt an issue on sha, you want high dps because the longer the boss stays up, the more adds you have to deal with. so the add spawns in phase 2, is essentially the berserk timer. our first kill we didnt get lust off cd again until 11% ish of the bosses health. our 2nd kill lust came off cd with 4% remaining. once you do it enough times and get used to the fight, your dps will jump up for everyone.

Tank should pick up most of the orbs (and blow a CD for Dread Spray). Healer should get enough to keep his mana regen comfy. Assuming the panda doesn't heal, the damage requirement isn't that bad (although if you can kill it early, it cuts a lot of time off the total fight length).

Hand of Protection for a caster dps if it's available. DPS should focus on dpsing. Use longer CDs on platforms instead of boss/adds on main platform. That add-on showing you where it's safe to stand is nice.

You can't really control which 3 dps go together, so your 3 lower dps need to be able to get it easily enough or you will have problems with some pulls just because of RNG sticking 3 lowest together. [Incidentally, we pugged a poor dps one time and just found it easier not to rez that person after they died early on. 9 manning with good dps was better for us overall.]

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    But by doing this you are wasting the fearless buff on the add, not to mention wasting 20% of it traveling because of the cackle.
    Its not really a waste when you consider that the only difficult aspect of this encounter for low dps raids is the platforms, maximizing damage on them and collecting orbs without fail. You do bring a up a reasonable point about the fearless buff, but collecting orbs is what wins on the platforms, not tank dps.

Not going to read all the post to see if someone said what I'm about too, but pretty much we have our tank and healer collect orbs and dps gets them if they are close to it. I as a rogue use feint and evasion when the add does death blossom and usually we have 5-15 seconds to spare. Before the next cackle. As far as dps, I didn't look at my logs, but we are all around 70k+ dps. If somebody dies it will throw off your groups and its is annoying. On the main platform when we come back I go straight back into the boss, while the other dps burn the adds... We NEVER have more the 2 adds on the platform those are what will kill you the easiest on the big platform. If nobody is stupid and gets hit by fear you will kill it. We have found, that it is NOT worth trying to dodge the platforms spray, but unless you have a way to live don't get hit by death blossom... Jumped around a bit I know, just things coming to mind.

The fight takes our group about 12 minutes to kill him, and is VERY repetitive. Dot the boss as much as you can but kill the adds. If you think of something I missed, you can add it. But this is for normal.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    the dps requirement that someone posted may seem kinda low on the platforms but you gotta remember that youre not able to stand still and dps. you have to dodge the spray(unless u get the easy platform where its sidestrafing every 5+ seconds) make sure if u have a pally to have him bop a caster during death blossom. our tank and rogue stay and dps/collect orbs during that as well. and although the berserk isnt an issue on sha, you want high dps because the longer the boss stays up, the more adds you have to deal with. so the add spawns in phase 2, is essentially the berserk timer. our first kill we didnt get lust off cd again until 11% ish of the bosses health. our 2nd kill lust came off cd with 4% remaining. once you do it enough times and get used to the fight, your dps will jump up for everyone.
    oops sorry read HM not NM lol