HM boss difficulty by the numbers

I was doing this for the other teams in my guild and thought I would share.

Most killed -> least killed.
    H: Stone Guard (30%)
    H: Feng the Accursed (26%)
    H: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder (23%)
    H: Elegon (19%)
    H: Blade Lord Ta'yak (14%)
    H: Four Kings 5555 (13%)
    H: Wind Lord Mel'jarak (11%)
    H: Garalon (9%)
    H: Will of the Emperor (8%)
    H: Imperial Vizier Zor'lok (5%)
    H: Lei Shi (5%)
    H: Amber-Shaper Un'sok (4%)
    H: Grand Empress Shek'zeer(3%)
    H: Protectors of the Endless (3%)
    H: Tsulong (2%)
    H: Sha of Fear(1%)

what % of guilds have killed x boss data from www.wowprogress.com
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Boss killed =/= Boss difficulty

Take Will of the Emperor as an example. You can't progress on it before you've cleaned the rest of MSV. Also the suggestions on forums and the natural progression path (MSV --> HoF --> ToES) lead guilds to certain bosses and gives them more attempts on them, thus, more kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Boss killed =/= Boss difficulty

Take Will of the Emperor as an example. You can't progress on it before you've cleaned the rest of MSV. Also the suggestions on forums and the natural progression path (MSV --> HoF --> ToES) lead guilds to certain bosses and gives them more attempts on them, thus, more kills.
    It's not a bad representation this tier at least, because the end bosses of the instance are the hardest in each instance. That wasn't the case in DS where Madness was much easier than Spine but you couldn't kill Madness without doing Spine.

The only thing I'd say is Shek'zeer is a little harder than Protectors, but they're both tied at 3% I guess. Nothing looks way off.

I rounded off for clarity so some are 2.7% and 2.8% but both would be 3% on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    It's not a bad representation this tier at least, because the end bosses of the instance are the hardest in each instance. That wasn't the case in DS where Madness was much easier than Spine but you couldn't kill Madness without doing Spine.

The only thing I'd say is Shek'zeer is a little harder than Protectors, but they're both tied at 3% I guess. Nothing looks way off.
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

This tier presents a unique problem because of its size. Later progression bosses can be quite easy (like Lei Shi) but are not killed as much as harder bosses, just because of how late they typically are in progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Well, at least on 10man, Will of the Emperor was the easiest boss in MSV. At least it took us I think fewer wipes than on Stone Guard. And that was an easy boss.

Deleted
    Why so few have killed thise bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Because of introduction of LFR.

Because heroic raiding is a small subset of wow gameplay. Not all guilds raid. Less of those guilds make it to heroic raiding, and so on. You are looking at a subset of a subset of a particular gaming style in the game. If you are genuinely a heroic raider or high end arena player you aren't the majority by any means. That is kind of the point.

Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    Because heroic raiding is a small subset of wow gameplay. Not all guilds raid. Less of those guilds make it to heroic raiding, and so on. You are looking at a subset of a subset of a particular gaming style in the game. If you are genuinely a heroic raider or high end arena player you aren't the majority by any means. That is kind of the point.
    I don't think they've pushed a new raid patch with <1% of the raiding population completing heroic for awhile now though. Of course, they didn't nerf this tier like they have for a few xpacs now.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-02-14 at 10:21 PM.

Because people like me don't want to dedicate my time and energy trying to kill a 3rd version of the same encounter. LFR is a really cool feature and I am glad we have it, but it really kills my urge to ever do heroics (and normals tbh) again.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

The first tier of an expansion tends to have the least amount of people very far into raiding, as with both an expansion push and a raiding push it'll cause burnout. Not to mention trying to get alts viable to class stack/swap as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Because people like me don't want to dedicate my time and energy trying to kill a 3rd version of the same encounter. LFR is a really cool feature and I am glad we have it, but it really kills my urge to ever do heroics (and normals tbh) again.
    As an ex-hardcore raider, now casual player, I gotta say that this isn't true for everyone. Since the end of WotLK, I only really played during 4.2 era and 5.0-5.1 era. If LFR does anything to my urge to raid properly, it's raising it. Back in 4.2, I was at peace with the thought that I can't really gear myself up properly without putting some dedication into raiding. Now when I am more or less fully decked in LFR and valor gear, I feel my inner progression-freak wanting to find a raiding guild and start killing my evenings with raids again...

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    The thread isn't really aimed at you then...