Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    Yea but we should be stopping them now before they have a chance to kill millions of americans.
    North Korea's military is made up almost entirely of Soviet and Chinese throwbacks. Their economy and production facilities are so broken that if they build a bomb, it's likely to be the only bomb they build until the next time they flex their muscles in a few years, never mind that China has already hinted that if North Korea initiates any wars, they won't back North Korea (but if North Korea is struck first, they will honor their alliance). Hell, even if they build a functioning bomb, the odds that said bomb would have enough fuel to reach even past the DMZ let alone American soil are worse than your chances of winning the Mega Millions jackpot.

North Korea is a threat to itself and very little else, no matter how much they bray and holler before running to hide behind China when called out.

Better to be safe than sorry though. Thats the american way.
    That adage doesn't apply when the country you're about to pre-emptively bomb into a parking lot a) has an alliance with a global superpower which will go to war as promised, b) presents extraordinarily little threat to anyone outside their peninsula, and c) would, if they did attack, do so without China's backing. And given how often North Korea hides behind their alliance with China when someone so much as says something mean to them, this is just another example of the Kim family being all bark and no bite.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Shouldnt we be deploying drones and gunships to bomb the you know what outa' N. Korean weapon facilities?
    Nope. Unless you want to cause WW3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Where is the logic though? Iraq ordered some aluminum tubes and all of a sudden they have weapons of mass destruction (nothing to do with oil). North Korea says they are developing weapons of mass destruction to use specifically against the U.S. but we don't go to war with them? Remind me again why we went to war with Iraq?
    Because we don't have a warmongering sociopath VP and a man who couldn't stand up to his staff for President?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Now you require a source.
    You should try researching for yourself.
    Here is a link to the new york times http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/bu...anted=all&_r=0

Here is an excerpt from the article:

The auction’s outcome helped defuse criticism in the Arab world that the United States had invaded Iraq for its oil. “No one, even the United States, can steal the oil,” the Iraqi government spokesman, Ali al-Dabbagh, said at the time.

But American companies can, apparently, drill for the oil.

In fact, American drilling companies stand to make tens of billions of dollars from the new petroleum activity in Iraq long before any of the oil producers start seeing any returns on their investments.

Lukoil and many of the other international oil companies that won fields in the auction are now subcontracting mostly with the four largely American oil services companies that are global leaders in their field: Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Weatherford International and Schlumberger. Those four have won the largest portion of the subcontracts to drill for oil, build wells and refurbish old equipment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Where is the logic though? Iraq ordered some aluminum tubes and all of a sudden they have weapons of mass destruction (nothing to do with oil). North Korea says they are developing weapons of mass destruction to use specifically against the U.S. but we don't go to war with them? Remind me again why we went to war with Iraq?
    Because of an idiot. Because of overflowing emotional reactions that clouded the judgment of otherwise rational people?

On the topic of North Korea. Let them be. They aren't crazy enough to use the nukes. As for human rights issues, I'm afraid the situation is as it as and there's nothing Westerners can do to change it. North Korea has a standing army of 1,5 million as well as a further 8 million in reserves. An invasion of North Korea would probably end in the bloodiest war since World War II, with hundreds of thousands dead, if not millions. However bad the situation it is right now in Korea, it's a lot better than having hundreds of thousands of people die just for the democratization of a country.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are building a nuclear bomb to use on us. Hmm... Makes you wonder if Obama is really on our side.

Shouldnt we be deploying drones and gunships to bomb the you know what outa' N. Korean weapon facilities?
    You want to bomb a country with one of the largest armies in the world? Yeah that'd be freaking clever. More warmongering is just what your country needs, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Patriots and the like haven't been tested on actual ICBMs.
    Patriots are part of the defense system, however I'm talking about a different type of missile, It's called the Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle, or the Kinetic Kill Vehicles.
    This type of missile was successfully tested on 10 June 1984.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, it's Georgia all over again, clearly.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So one persons views makes you hate a whole nation. Not a racist mentality at all.
    Dislike does not mean hate. And i absolutely don't mean that I dislike every American.
    What I mean is that this persons views is definitly not only his views. Feel free to disagree.
    Last edited by TheMage; 2013-02-14 at 03:20 PM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMage View Post
    Dislike does not mean hate. And i absolutely don't mean that I dislike every American.
    What I mean is exactly what I said.
    Ok so you dislike most of them then? You said "Americans" as in plural. So how many Americans do you not like exactly then?

Yea but we should be stopping them now before they have a chance to kill millions of americans.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

That time has come and past the time would have been before they was able to produce nuclear weapons just like we need to stop Iran before they do but we will drag our feet wait for political solutions that never come and then it will be to late
    And remember Iran has threaten to wipe Israel off the face of the earth and what better way to do it then a nuclear strike
    You might not like Israel but do you really want to see millions of people die in a nuclear strikes from both sides because that is what will happen Iran strikes Israel and Israel retaliates with one of their own

[b]Yea but we should be stopping them now before they have a chance to kill millions of americans.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

North Korea actually doing anything other than flex it's muscles?That's a real knee slapper.

10+ Year Old Account
    You make it sound like Obama is in control of those drones or is the pilot of the gunships. It doesn't matter where he is or what he is doing, he could get that shit deployed in seconds if need be.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    North Korea actually doing anything other than flex it's muscles?That's a real knee slapper.
    Ok how come when its a country like Afghanistan or Iraq the threat is serious but Korea, meh they only have one of the biggest armies lets not worry about them. We have to catch terrorists which magically are only grown in countries with oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Threatening N Korea wouldn't make things better. If anything it's China that'll have the final say, since they are essentially keeping the retarded half-brother DPRK alive.
    China does NOT want american forces so close.

Of course, if N Korea tries to actually deploy a nuclear bomb in an aggressive manner, it'll be completely annihilated. And China doesn't want 20+ million refugees streaming in.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    that doesn't justify making more nukes.
    Coming from a sane person? maybe. But we are talking about North Korea here, lmao.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Of course, if N Korea tries to actually deploy a nuclear bomb in an aggressive manner, it'll be completely annihilated.
    Annihilated how?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok so you dislike most of them then? You said "Americans" as in plural. So how many Americans do you not like exactly then?
    I dislike exactly as many Americans as there are who shares the OPs opinion on this matter, and I belive that that's quite a lot. I apologize if my phrasing is a little off!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMage View Post
    I dislike exactly as many Americans as there are who shares the OPs opinion on this matter, and I belive that that's quite a lot. I apologize if my phrasing is a little off!
    So that means all of your friends and family, basically anyone close to you all share the exact same opinions as you on everything in the world. Otherwise you wouldn't like them right?

Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    Patriots are part of the defense system, however I'm talking about a different type of missile, It's called the Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle, or the Kinetic Kill Vehicles.
    This type of missile was successfully tested on 10 June 1984.
    All of which are designed for lower tech ICBMs from a lesser opponent. While they may take down a NK missile, I wouldn't be so sure about a Russian ICBM.