Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Annihilated how?
    The North Korean government and military force. I'm uncertain how adapt defenses are at neutralizing nuclear bombs in transit
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

New poster with a "OMG" shock topic.

Queue:

Pining for the old days
    Country bashing
    The media source I choose is correct!
    Errs of the past generations
    Conspiracies
    Ones who seem intelligent cannot fathom the thought that many may never even come near a book written from an "on the ground" perspective of history or actual events. Yet contribute to threads like these.

Naivete has always been there we are just more exposed to it daily than ever before.

There is even posters saying an anonymous new poster is the reason they hate country A or B.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The North Korean government and military force. I'm uncertain how adapt defenses are at neutralizing nuclear bombs in transit
    Couldn't some korean terrorist just carry one into the US in a briefcase?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mindbomb View Post
    New poster with a "OMG" shock topic.

Queue:

Pining for the old days
    Country bashing
    Conspiracies
    Ones who seem intelligent cannot fathom the thought that many may never even come near a book written from an "on the ground" perspective of history or actual events. Yet contribute to threads like these.

Naivete has always been there we are just more exposed to it daily than ever before.

There is even posters saying an anonymous new poster is the reason they hate country A or B.
    You forgot
    Know it all poster rides in on high horse and pretends to never have engaged in any of the following
    Pining for the old days
    Country bashing
    Conspiracies

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't some korean terrorist just carry one into the US in a briefcase?
    Though that makes a nice movie, I highly doubt they could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    Your right, only people who live in caves in afghanistan could possibly pull that off.

15+ Year Old Account
    North Korea are more likely to nuke them self then successfully launch a nuclear missile across their borders
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Shâréz View Post
    Would be pretty hard considering that about 1% of North Koreans can actually leave the country and the one procent that can might be pretty properly checked where ever they go.

And why would you go nuke a whole country when there's only the leadership that's fucked up.

Once Bush told to silly Americans that Iraq cooperated with Bin Laden and has had a WMD ... and guess what? They belived him blindly, even if all others knew it was a lie.

So please, make a use of your brains sometimes, sisters and brothers from America.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    North Korea are more likely to nuke them self then successfully launch a nuclear missile across their borders
    Whether they could or not is unknown.
    The fact is they have intent.
    I do not recall any country in the middle east saying they were trying to develop nuclear weapons to use against the US but we went to war because we thought they might be trying to develop them. Korea is openly admitting they are in the process of making them to use against us specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    Shouldnt we be deploying drones and gunships to bomb the you know what outa' N. Korean weapon facilities?
    You can't just bomb people for something that they might do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Would be pretty hard considering that about 1% of North Koreans can actually leave the country and the one procent that can might be pretty properly checked where ever they go.
    Just as hard as arabs on the no fly list boarding planes and crashing them into buildings I guess.
    They were properly checked and on terrorist lists.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    You can't just bomb people for something that they might do.
    Please See Iraq.

Yes. Iraq never threatened the US. N Korea has several times. In both situations a dictator is killing his own people. The only difference I see is oil.
    you should rewrite that before everyone sees your mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    All of which are designed for lower tech ICBMs from a lesser opponent. While they may take down a NK missile, I wouldn't be so sure about a Russian ICBM.
    Not to nitpick here, but we ARE talking about N. Korea missiles. Russian ones are virtually impossible to stop due to cost effectiveness and sheer difficulty. Once we started developing this tech they started developing Mirv ICBM's. If we were debating about taking action against Russia for their nukes, I probably wouldn't have even brought this system up.

People like the OP here need some serious education when it comes to politics and foreign policy. The POTUS has an enormous amount of responsibilities on his shoulders. Do you really think any 1 human is capable of dealing with serious issues 24/7? And if he isn't, he must be "against us"?

/facepalm.

I weep for our present and future

I don't know if NK is dumb enough to actually use a nuke, it's more likely they would give one to someone else that is dumb enough. If the US attacked first, they would retaliate against other countries like SK. I'm not gonna say that violence is the answer here, but anyone who think it's never the answer, doesn't understand that violence is the only thing some leaders listen to. Yes, I'm a proud American.

Can anyone draw me a map?

Who is allowed to have nukes, and who should we bomb because we feel like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

http://interculturalmeanderings.file...-america-2.png

http://interculturalmeanderings.file...-americans.jpg

close enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

feel like being snide today?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    feel like being snide today?
    No really, who is allowed to have nukes? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vzz View Post
    Once Bush told to silly Americans that Iraq cooperated with Bin Laden and has had a WMD ... and guess what? They belived him blindly, even if all others knew it was a lie.

So please, make a use of your brains sometimes, sisters and brothers from America.
    Are you insinuating that North Korea did not detonate a nuclear weapon? We in America recall very clearly the WMD fiasco, and it makes us very upset. We were cheated and lied to. In that case, however, independent (yes I know that is a subjective term) observers informed us they had no evidence of WMDs from their own research and inspections. In this case, independent military leaders, seismologists, geologists and politicians, even those in China who have no vested interest in justifying an American intervention in N. Korea, have acknowledged a man-made seismic event at the nuclear testing facility. In fact, N. Korea themselves proudly admitted to the test.

This is not to say we ought to intervene militarily. I'm just saying that, while healthy skepticism is an asset - especially bearing in mind events of recent years - people have started using that precedent to deny or introduce unwarranted skepticism into EVERYTHING. It's encouraging a troubling trend where even obvious evidence is questioned, even resorting to conspiracy theories to explain away perfectly plausible explanations. That doesn't lead to accountable governments, that leads to unaccountable fanatics who feel justified in dismissing all reason with the ubiquitous response "well, George Dubya lied".