Comic Con 2013 Badges

I will be attempting to buy comic con 2013 badges for the first time tomorrow morning. From the sounds of it, these go extremely fast and can be very difficult to get it.

Anyone out there done this process before with the whole waiting room and getting in to purchase the badges? Any tips? Did you use multiple computers to try and get in? I did read that I will need cookies and javascript enabled and i'll probably disable my anti virus just to be safe.

Just looking for some other tips on those who have purchased badges before and what the process was like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    I will be attempting to buy comic con 2013 badges for the first time tomorrow morning. From the sounds of it, these go extremely fast and can be very difficult to get it.

Anyone out there done this process before with the whole waiting room and getting in to purchase the badges? Any tips? Did you use multiple computers to try and get in? I did read that I will need cookies and javascript enabled and i'll probably disable my anti virus just to be safe.

Just looking for some other tips on those who have purchased badges before and what the process was like.

Thanks
    badges? you mean a general attendance ticket? or like, a vendor. what are you even talking about.

They can't be that hard to get. Quick trivia: do you know what the hardest badges are to get ever? In fact, the hardest sports event to get into period? The Masters Golf tournament in Augustana Georgia (badges).

Anyway, good luck finding your thing. What platform do you buy these off of? Ticketmaster?

All I can say is "The Early Bird catches its worm."

Be up at the website at least 10 minutes before it starts. Do not reload under any circumstances. And keep your focus on getting your tickets. You'll have a better chance at getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    badges? you mean a general attendance ticket? or like, a vendor. what are you even talking about.
    They sell actual badges or passes for each day you attend comic con rather then "tickets" you can purchase either a single day up to all 4 days. But yeah, same idea.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    They can't be that hard to get. Quick trivia: do you know what the hardest badges are to get ever? In fact, the hardest sports event to get into period? The Masters Golf tournament in Augustana Georgia (badges).

Anyway, good luck finding your thing. What platform do you buy these off of? Ticketmaster?
    You purchase them off of their website at a certain time frame. And I heard they are quite hard to get, last year they were gone in under a hour. Throw in all the web traffic and queue you have to wait in.. It'll be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    They sell actual badges or passes for each day you attend comic con rather then "tickets" you can purchase either a single day up to all 4 days. But yeah, same idea.

---------- Post added 2013-02-15 at 08:22 PM ----------

You purchase them off of their website at a certain time frame. And I heard they are quite hard to get, last year they were gone in under a hour. Throw in all the web traffic and queue you have to wait in.. It'll be interesting.
    If you are talking about the NY comic con last year, I waited til like, august to get a 3 day pass and still got it, on the main website. So no, doubt they were gone in under an hour unless you're going for the VIP pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    If you are talking about the NY comic con last year, I waited til like, august to get a 3 day pass and still got it, on the main website. So no, doubt they were gone in under an hour unless you're going for the VIP pass.
    San Diego, Comic-Con International THE "comic con" This is the biggest one of the year.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...eady-sold-out/ - Article from last year. Hour and a half I guess.

Sounds quite nerdy. But it is probably fun. That sellout rate is pretty high for a non sports event for 130,000 seats lol.

Anyway, let me know how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Admittedly it's been a few years since I've gone, but it was always fine as long as you bought them the day they went on sale. It's not like Blizzcon where it sells out in seconds - or at least wasn't a couple years ago. Quick, but not that quick. SD convention centre is very large and can accommodate a lot of guests.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if you keep up to date when they go on sale and try to buy them as soon as they go on sale you should be good.