Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I was in a debate about this today and someone came with an important note...

The upgrade system is not so bad. The thing about it is that it requires you to reach Valor cap every single week.

Now, that would not be so bad if the Valor cap wasn't so hard to get in MoP. I mean, even you you kill all bosses in all raids, you still are quite a way to go to the cap.

I think chain-running 7 dungeons in cataclysm was dumb and boring and I liked the change to how you get Valor in Pandaria. But as time passes, it gets too tiring, since you have to keep doing the same content you already completed long ago.

Some change to make it easier to reach Valor cap must happen, or people will just burnout while trying to upgrade their pieces.
    Agreed. The thing is even without upgrades the desire to cap Valor doesn't really go away. The case you described is pretty much what happened to me, I burned me self out because I had to do too much repetitive crap on my main. Usually alts keep me from burning out but there just isn't time left for me to play them by the time I get done with my main. They need to change LFR so valor drops from each boss in addition to completing the LFR. Overall they need to increase valor earned in raids by at least twice what it is now. They also need to incentivise LFR better so people actually do them, because with justice being worthless LFR is the only catch up mechanism and with queues only getting worse this is only going to compound the issues of burnout going forward.

I didn't have a huge problem with the upgrade system, but I didn't really feel like it added anything worthwhile to the game either. I guess it was nice to have something else to spend valor on, but I think I prefer upgrading by getting entirely new pieces of gear.

I also like to have times in WoW when I can feel like I'm "done" with gearing for a while. The upgrade system seemed to be designed to keep people logging in every day to do dailies/dungeons/LFR, but I decided to ignore them to keep from burning out.
    Last edited by Griffter; 2013-02-15 at 01:24 AM.

Keep it. Remove the 1000 valor cap. It's awful.

I prefer this over them dumbing down content. Gives you a advantage for the next tier aswell. If this wasn't the valor dump there should atleast be Valor BoE for extra gold for those who got enough gear.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Valor upgrades were fine. Conquests upgrades, however, were not. I suspect Conquest upgrades is one of the main reasons they removed item upgrades.

Deleted
    Think about the upgrades as a "small way" to nerf the content by yourself (getting some more stats "easily" = making content a bit easier). I like when actual content is almost done and you dont have too much to do with Valor points.

Considering that Blizzard said upgrades were brought in as a way to help a raid group get that little bit extra dps and healing to help push past a difficult boss but then they have nerfed content anyway, I don't really see the need for them. So my vote is for stay gone.

As long as the upgrade system stays for Valor/Justice only, sure. All it did in PvP was increase the already substantial difference between a T2 player and a Honor player.

I liked it just because it was something to spend valor on, the only times I capped valor was before I was geared, and during that earn 6000 valor part of the legendary quest, after that I really haven't bothered capping.

I get the impression that its still debatable that the upgrade option will come back. For myself I haven't minded it to much, but I am just a dungeon hero and ignore things that I don't feel like doing. I did look at my options for upgrade the other day and found that many of my dps pieces were only going to give me armor upgrades. Takes the pressure off of upgrading everything when some items don't offer a clear advantage.

I guess I'm saying I liked being able to upgrade weapons, but it did not seem like a must have for me.