Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    exactly, the only thing you REALLY need money for in this game at lvl 90 is repairs, which you don´t have in PVP.

I am not really sure how I made money so far, but my characters combined have tripled since the start of MoP. I guess a bunch of it came from buying ghost ore when it was cheap and then selling gems very cheap..

But if all you do in wow is pvp, then you don´t need gold.
    very good point. never quite understood why a dagger in the back from a stealthed rogue player left less of a hole in my armor than a dagger in the back from an npc rogue.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I've probably made about 1.5 million gold so far this xpac. You are doing it wrong. Professions do make a lot of gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people make the mistake and try to make gold selling MOP stuff. Sure, there's a few items that sell for ridiculous amounts of gold (If you're lucky enough to get one of them), but there's a lot more gold to be made if you sell old items instead. See the prices for TBC trade goods and older bags in general, for example. :3

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Please you can spend 5 minutes 3 times a day to post on the AH with TSM and make 5K gold easy everyday.

I needed gold so I set up a TSM and posted maybe 10 times a day, with an average of 25k+ gold everyday, really, never been so easy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Well as i wrote as pvp player im not interested in raiding or in dungeons and doing dailies. And as for professions in major realms minerals prizes r ridiculous ! non above u wrote is good source of money pvp player may obtain. Though i tried playing on AH yesterday and got some extra money thanks to guys here but it takes lot of time and its annoying but if i want to play wow with full pockets of money i must bare it !
    Sadly a PvP player needs a source too, be it two gathering professions. Or a gathering and crafting. Dailies even. All PvP'ers has some of that on the side.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    So before MoP we started a boostrun in both Ds and Firelands. We gained around 450k each in total. When MoP hit, I immediately bought the mount for 108k. I skilled my professions on way overpriced mats.

To this day i still do not understand how I've gone out with a profit. It's bloody impossible to LOSE any gold if you ask me. It just keeps comming somehow. I dont play the Ah very much either, guess I'm doing dailys on a large scale or just, you know, make some effort.

Deleted
    Yeah, the OP is based on a false premise: even if you do PvP, there's a subzone specifically made for PvPers and its dailies, whilst they give Valor, the other stuff surrounding it helps you make gold. There's also the Rare Elites in said zones that you can farm for gold - it requires a similar awareness to general PvP.

Moreover, I've made nearly 150k just from Inscription (make fan/shoulder enchant, sell fan/shoulder) and the server is as good as dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    If you play purely pvp, you don't need money for anything and thus don't need means to earn it.
    seriously? easily one of the most stupid comments ive ever read.
    dont need money for gems? dont need money for enchants? dont need money for glyphs? dont need money for consumables? dont need money for reforging? dont need money for transmog?

10+ Year Old Account

and the prizes of mounts and game time has become almost impossible for pvp player to buy every month
    Isn't that forbidden?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    So before MoP we started a boostrun in both Ds and Firelands. We gained around 450k each in total. When MoP hit, I immediately bought the mount for 108k. I skilled my professions on way overpriced mats.

To this day i still do not understand how I've gone out with a profit. It's bloody impossible to LOSE any gold if you ask me. It just keeps comming somehow. I dont play the Ah very much either, guess I'm doing dailys on a large scale or just, you know, make some effort.

Also this. I'm not even trying and everytime I spend gold on something it takes a week and I'm back where I started. And this cycle repeats itself every week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Farming has never been a great earner compared to crafting. Try the professions forum there is lots of helpful advice there.
    this is SO not true.. I make TONS of money farming ore, Herbs, Enchant mats.. infact, there a guy in my guild that has gold capped and the ONLY professions he has are mining and skinning.. he mines and skins while doing dailys and waiting in que then lists it all on the AH everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Unus View Post
    this is SO not true.. I make TONS of money farming ore, Herbs, Enchant mats.. infact, there a guy in my guild that has gold capped and the ONLY professions he has are mining and skinning.. he mines and skins while doing dailys and waiting in que then lists it all on the AH everyday.
    Whilst you can make money from gathering the amount of time you need to invest is rather large compared to crafting professions. The fact the a guy in your guild is gold capped from mining and skinning, which is possibly the worst gathering profession in terms of gold per hour, does not change that crafting is far more profitable and had he had jewel crafting and enchanting he could have at least doubled the amount of gold he has.

Deleted
    A simple example: medium/high populated realm. Ore prospecting.
    Tin Ore - 5 to 20 gold per STACK.
    Moss Agate - 15 to 35 gold per SINGLE GEM.

While the average drop rate is 40% per prospect. Far higher than say, specific green gem from ghost iron ore.
    Profit margin on this usually over 200%, while you need jewelcrafting skilled to 100-ish ONLY. Anyone with level 25-35 character can earn good deal of gold this way.

Gold is there, come and get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    and the prizes of mounts and game time has become almost impossible for pvp player to buy every month
    How do you buy the mounts if you don't do dailies? There's not many mounts in MoP that you can buy without being exalted with faction X.

Deleted
    Start streaming brother.

game time has become almost impossible for pvp player to buy every month
    there's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Weapon enchants r needed to pvp players too u know so that doesnt counts.
    Sha-touched gem would be awsome in pvp too, so that doesnt counts too.
    and food buff please u eat on bg-s too .. and u dont really need them. u buy 1 stack per week

P.S. thanks for your advice )
    Sha touched gem doesnt count for pvp, as you dont use pve weaps.
    Food buffs you rarely actually eat in bg's for it, and even then you use a LOT less then raiders.
    Flasks also add up.

I don't know how anyone can't make money in this expansion. Heck I made 1000+ just from clearing some old Cata dungeons and selling the cloth off. In fact, the only thing I do that is even remotely close to doing a daily is my farm on 3 toons, 2 for golden lotus, 1 for the spirit of harmony. If certain cooking mats get high I'll plant those as well sometimes. I make the largest bulk of my gold from mining and herbing between queues and at 45-100g a stack it adds up faster than you think it would.