Voters
138. This poll is closed
  • Yes

67 48.55%
  • no

71 51.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm not against it, but adding a weapon that only 1 class will use seem pretty 'useless'

Unless they're thinking another class that uses it /changes to current classes to use it.

Hunters already have bows/guns/xbows that are unique to them.

Dual-wielding crossbows is one of the most moronic things I've ever heard of.

I sincerely hope no developer is stupid enough to create a character that does tha-oh wait.

I could be imagining things, but wasn't there there a blue post years ago about how it wouldn't fit into lore nor the game world as a whole well? Not to mention the hellish itemization for this.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    I'm not against it, but adding a weapon that only 1 class will use seem pretty 'useless'

Unless they're thinking another class that uses it /changes to current classes to use it.

Hunters already have bows/guns/xbows that are unique to them.
    It'd fit well with adding Demon Hunter. Give them a ranged weapon spec and you solve the problem of ranged being hunter-only.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    I could be imagining things, but wasn't there there a blue post years ago about how it wouldn't fit into lore nor the game world as a whole well? Not to mention the hellish itemization for this.
    Most rifles in-game these days are overglorified pistols anyway these days.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    <3

is that an actual animation or fan-made?
    its fan made. i wanted to try out animating something

10+ Year Old Account

just thought i would link this bamf

15+ Year Old Account
    own weapon type? Hell no.

Visual skin on certain guns or xbows? sure, who cares, why not.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

No. Not in the 1h item sense.

I could see something like a 2h weapon with a graphic that displays like 2 1handers... maybe.

Either way it would definitely need new animations.

or a cooldown where you pull out two for that duraction. Like pallies and Ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was Diablo, yes (to the pistol part at least for DHs). For WoW, no.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

I could see something like a 2h weapon with a graphic that displays like 2 1handers... maybe.

I think the easiest way would be to do something like Titans Grip. Equip 2 2H x-bows or guns and the game makes the xbow smaller and makes the rifles look like pistols.

if they add another ranged class that uses bows/xbows/guns/1her ranged weaps, then yes. I sau they divvy up how hunters work, have the survival tree all the traditionally thrown weapons then split into some other kind of class which has a dps ranged tree, then yes, they'd make sense to design. but to have 5 different item classes only for hunters doesn't make sense.

Though it requires a lot of programming and new animations they could make a model (or some more) of one-handed crossbows that we hunters could use for transmog reasons ONLY. Like the warlock green fire quest-chain.

I would definitely play my hunter more if I could duel wield crossbows.

WoW needs to get rid of weapon restrictions all together.... you want to hold two shields? Do it! you want to have a wand in both hands? harry potter x2!!!! you want to pick up the closest gnome and beat your enemy with him? we recommend it!

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 01:08 AM ----------

It'd fit well with adding Demon Hunter. Give them a ranged weapon spec and you solve the problem of ranged being hunter-only.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:07 PM ----------

Most rifles in-game these days are overglorified pistols anyway these days.
    Demon hunters in WoW are not the same as Demon hunters in diablo, they would not use any ranged weapons. Ever.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Demon Hunters don't use ranged weapons.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    WoW needs to get rid of weapon restrictions all together.... you want to hold two shields? Do it! you want to have a wand in both hands? harry potter x2!!!! you want to pick up the closest gnome and beat your enemy with him? we recommend it!
    Shields aren't weapons.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Have you ever tried to wield just one Xbow? DW Xbows is a srsly dumb idea, unless you would like to shoot each of them once then stand there like a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    own weapon type? Hell no.

Visual skin on certain guns or xbows? sure, who cares, why not.

You two got it.

I was wondering why people were being so problematic about it, and how it would require a whole new weapon skill and slots when it can just be a new model for existing guns that looks like it has two pistols instead of one bigger gun.

Also, that whole point of double pistols not belonging in WoW is pretty moot with Gilneans, whose thematic shtick it is to wield as much guns as possible, i.e Godfrey (ingame and in art) and that classy gentleman posted above by Mr. Greymane.

But yeah, I voted yes only for "dual wield pistols", and not crossbows.

Also, didn't Ghostcrawler say he thought it was a cool idea, only that it required new animations? I think I saw something like that not long ago.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Well pistols arent in game but xbows are, Just need to have some sort of way to make the 2hd be a 1hd if hunters try to equip 2 of them, Kinda like Titans Grip for Warriors back in the day. Dont make 1hd xbows just let hunters be able to Duel Weild 2hd xbows.
    hahahahahaahahahaha, you made my day suchs a great show of fail. How would you use 2 xbows? HOW would you reload if you have a weapon in each hand? Just answer me this, Yeah sure you got 2 shots like a freaking badass boss. After that you are pretty much screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    hahahahahaahahahaha, you made my day suchs a great show of fail. How would you use 2 xbows? HOW would you reload if you have a weapon in each hand? Just answer me this, Yeah sure you got 2 shots like a freaking badass boss. After that you are pretty much screwed.
    Just the same way as in Diablo, of course!