What happened to in-game voice chat?

I remember it was implemented back in TBC, the quality wasn't great though.
    Then it disappeared during wotlk I guess. Is that because no one used it or the quality was just that bad?

Do you think they could bring it back with a better quality, or is there unsolvable technical difficulties?
    Would you like it back?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still there I thought.

But no one uses it. Vent/TeamSpeak/Mumble are all so much better.
    Putin khuliyo

It's still around, System --> Voice

With in-game voice chat, wouldn't every BG turn into a Call of Duty match?

*micspams trololololo*

Its still there, remember using it a bit in WotLK. Failed idea tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Blizzard's attempt to make a game-default system to replace a third party program, much like their efforts to make replacements for spell alert and raid frame addons.

However, as with the latter two, it failed spectacularly and is a dead part of the game that nobody uses due to how clunky it is compared to Vent/TS/Mumble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

*micspams trololololo*
    Yeah, silence and no communication is a better strategy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It was Blizzard's attempt to make a game-default system to replace a third party program, much like their efforts to make replacements for spell alert and raid frame addons.

However, as with the latter two, it failed spectacularly and is a dead part of the game that nobody uses due to how clunky it is compared to Vent/TS/Mumble.
    yeah, Blizzard and there terrible programming huh....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post

*micspams trololololo*
    Pretty much like shooters on xbox live, little kids using words which makes you go wonder how they learned them at that age in full rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=AnotherInternetOpinion;20254799yeah, Blizzard and there terrible programming huh....[/QUOTE]

They're quite competent programmers, the problem is the design of the feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.