Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Even without the current 2p bonus this is one of the biggest dk buffs ever made, haven't been this happy since they gave up "Blood of the North"

The fuck happened in here? This came out of nowhere. I know UH needed some help, but those are huuuge buffs to DK DPS...

...Until I saw the other classes getting similar buffs. (I mean SPriests get a straight-up damage increase!)

Can't say I'm complaining.

Alot of these changes are to offset the massive nerf that the 2 piece is taking. DW takes somewhere between a 3-5% nerf from that, 2h takes a 2-3% and unholy takes a 1-2% nerf from it.

While I do think the frost buffs may be a little too much, we weren't dominating any single target fights in large. In fact, it was mostly cleave and aoe where we did high damage and that has yet to be adjusted as stated by GC in that post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    The fuck happened in here? This came out of nowhere. I know UH needed some help, but those are huuuge buffs to DK DPS...

...Until I saw the other classes getting similar buffs. (I mean SPriests get a straight-up damage increase!)

Can't say I'm complaining.
    It was kind of expected something would change, at least I had that feeling, but what I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Alot of these changes are to offset the massive nerf that the 2 piece is taking. DW takes somewhere between a 3-5% nerf from that, 2h takes a 2-3% and unholy takes a 1-2% nerf from it.
    I think you might have the dw and 2hand frost numbers switched

Those are, indeed, some huge buffs! I'm personally not sure about the disease damage increase; 30% is a lot, and this would count for Blood's DPS as well.
    As for the Frost buff: I can see how Frost 2-hander would get a buff; everyone who goes Frost in PvE at least seems to favour dual-wield.

The buffs to Unholy were to be expected.

All in all: No; these buffs don't mean that Death Knights were bad. The flat buff to Shadowpriest damage does not imply that shadow priests were bad. The elemental buff doesn't mean elemental was bad.
    However:
    With 5.2, we're entering a new gear level of play. What seems balanced (or possibly even overpowered) at 5.1 could be lagging behind in 5.2 due to no other reason than gear scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of an overkill there GC. Give us more survivability, not damage for the love of everything unholy!

i imagine this is in response to raid testing dmg, we're probably not scaling as well as other classes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    i imagine this is in response to raid testing dmg, we're probably not scaling as well as other classes
    Lads, next patch just make a PTR char and skew their numbers by auto attacking everything, moar buffs!

Seriously though, with a combination of the feather and crit trinket I'd love to see some unholy festerblight winning logs :-D

I think you people are crazy. I don't know how you can be happy about being a middle of the pack dps spec. And like some others have said, QQ wtb utility/survivability/mobility buffs in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Well yeah just check out the simcraft profiles we drop like 4-5 spots just going from T14 normal to heroic on a patchwerk fight the gap would just get bigger going up another tier
    Last edited by Imbalanced; 2013-02-20 at 06:19 AM.

Middle of the pack is useful, steady and sustainable. Middle of the Pack doesn't get nerfed.

Color me ecstatic.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes to 20% melee damage, up from 10%.
    - Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 20%.
    - Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%.
    - Howling Blast damage to primary target +23%. Damage to secondary targets remains unchanged. Note: the tooltip for secondary damage says 0.5 but it has been 0.8 for some time.
    - Scourge Strike damage +7.7%.

GC said they still needed to look at the aoe numbers and all the class numbers were premature and up for discussion (I'm paraphrasing). I suspect diseases and that HB buff getting reduced a lot. Can't see where the hell they are going with this to be honest, I'm sure SS buff will make it live as well as Icy Talons, don''t know about the rest.

In any case, for unholy, it solidifies crit trumping haste in 5.2 even more. The sooner you soft cap haste and beginning stacking crit the better.
    Imagine getting diseases crits with 5.2 trinkets/gear and the 30% added buff on top of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    I think you people are crazy. I don't know how you can be happy about being a middle of the pack dps spec. And like some others have said, QQ wtb utility/survivability/mobility buffs in pvp.

Well yeah just check out the simcraft profiles we drop like 4-5 spots just going from T14 normal to heroic on a patchwerk fight the gap would just get bigger going up another tier
    Agree with utility etc, but how does "one of the best" translate to "middle of the pack"?

Because we aren't one of the best?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    Because we aren't one of the best?
    Agree to disagree then... Would definitely have put DW frost in the top 4 or 5 DPS specs and, considering there's over 20 combinations I'd say that's fairly high up.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-02-20 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    finally a reason to dust off that old UH spec again, and getting rid off blood as 2nd spec xD

15+ Year Old Account
    the "Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%." is for all the 3 specs or just Unholy, as my blood dk wouldt mind those buffs
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    the "Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%." is for all the 3 specs or just Unholy, as my blood dk wouldt mind those buffs
    All specs I believe.
    Hooray Blood DKs having as much AoE threat as monks!

Deleted
    Won't the disease buff bring UH's AOE capabilities in fights with many lasting adds to a rediculous amount?

We'll see.

Btw can anyone bring me a breakdown of current unholy's single target damage distribution?

I'm guessing it's:

1) Scourge stirke
    2) Deathcoil
    3) blood plague?
    4) festering?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymalkin View Post
    Won't the disease buff bring UH's AOE capabilities in fights with many lasting adds to a rediculous amount?

We'll see.

Btw can anyone bring me a breakdown of current unholy's single target damage distribution?

I'm guessing it's:

1) Scourge stirke
    2) Deathcoil
    3) blood plague?
    4) festering?
    old log (not played unholy for a while in raids... mainly because people keep dropping out):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...=32624&e=32934

1.) scourge strike - 25% ish
    2.) death coil - 21% ish
    3.) melee - 15% ish
    4.) Pet attacks (possibly, can't see it in the log -.-)
    4.) Blood plague
    5.) Frost Fever

Then soul reaper and festering somewhere after that... Soul reaper's got a fair bit of damage in that log due to it being spirit kings