Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Evianir View Post
    If you stick through with it, you'll find that when you join on "real" progression fights, everybody makes mistakes, and then its fine, as long as you learn from them really fast.
    I can only speak for our guild, but we do factor in that stuff-We would expect an applicant who never saw some heroic only mechanic to fuck up once or twice.

But keep in mind the guild he referenced was double his previous progression-Unless he went from 2 to 4 heroic, I'd wager that was more than a couple weeks post progression kill.

I guess it all depends on the person, back when my old guilds would die for whatever reason, I always found progression more stressful as an applicant than farm content. Partially because they figured out how they do it, so I could talk to people of similar roles for advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post

Not only that, the fact that he didn't like wiping on a boss for a couple days does NOT mean that suddenly everyone in the world shares his opinion. We wiped well over 150 times to heroic Sha of Fear, and I enjoyed myself just fine. It made the kill that much sweeter.
    Did you wiped on HC Sha of Fear 150 times on the same day? 2 days? 3 Days? 1 week? I don't think so.

I don't mind wiping but after the 30th wipe on the same day you should just call it quits and try again tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me start of by saying I've raided almost every tier so far, heroic where possible, the only exception being firelands and dragon soul. The first few weeks of an instance are always hard to get through, I have sometimes spend over 40 hours in one week on the same boss. Finally killing said boss is always very satisfactory. Once you have everything on farm, you can breeze through the whole instance(s) in one/two nights, but those long hours at the start of each tier have finally caught up with me. I do not intend do join another hardcore guild that does 5 (or more) raids every week simply because of that. I just cannot justify putting all that time into a game, even if I enjoy most of it.

That's my personal experience anyway. I think it's impossible to judge if you can handle this level of raiding until you actually try it.

Deleted
    Top 10 US? Isn't that like world 50+. There is big difference between 50 and 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Hardcore progression raiding doesn't HAVE to "mess up your life". It doesn't mess up mine.
    Well, it would mess up MINE, that's what I pretty much said there.
    Ofcourse the are people who do great in RL and Hardcore WoW.