Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Valuable/Rare item looted by someone else.

Have you ever experienced on any mmorpg game that you played the item drop that is supposed to be yours is looted by someone?
    The item that was looted was very rare and valuable.

Yeah, it's called biased loot council.

That's the only instance I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzonic View Post
    Have you ever experienced on any mmorpg game that you played the item drop that is supposed to be yours is looted by someone?
    Perhaps you can give more details on what happened?

How was it "suppose" to be yours? From what I know, if it is yours, then no one else can loot it. Unless there was a bug or an exploit. If you lost a roll, then it was not really yours as you see it.

No, not that I am aware of. Usually when an item is mine, it's mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the OP means something along the lines of, say... having run strat for many many months, and the mount not dropping, and then someone goes and gets it on their first run?

I feel your pain OP.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    And why was it suppose to be yours? Did it have your name written on it? Did you put a ring on it?

Did it drop from a mob and someone could use it as an upgrade? If yes, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

Ive been fucked over many times by RNG etc, 34 elder charms 1 item. You will get loot eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzonic View Post
    nope. if it was meant to be yours they would not be able to loot it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    nope. if it was meant to be yours they would not be able to loot it.
    This is only thing that makes sense to me, if only common sense was common.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    He's asking on any MMORPG, not only in WoW. This has happened to me countless times while playing Ragnarok (don't ask me why I played that game, I don't even know). In Ragnarok, when you kill a monster his loot falls on the ground for all to see and if you don't loot it all up in 3 seconds it become free for all. If you play a ranged class odds are someone will beat you to it and take all your shiny rare drops leaving you empty handed.

I classify something as mine when it's in my possession and not a moment before.
    Annoying moments I can think of is something like in Realm of the mad God when all loot drops to the ground and the wrong classes pick it up.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    He's asking on any MMORPG, not only in WoW. This has happened to me countless times while playing Ragnarok (don't ask me why I played that game, I don't even know). In Ragnarok, when you kill a monster his loot falls on the ground for all to see and if you don't loot it all up in 3 seconds it become free for all. If you play a ranged class odds are someone will beat you to it and take all your shiny rare drops leaving you empty handed.
    This pretty much. The only way someone could "Take your loot" in an MMO was if there was a mechanic that opened loot up to be FFA after a small amount of time before you could loot it. This happened in games like Ultima Online and Ragnarok Online. Pretty much every other MMO I've ever played has loot rules that makes "someone else taking your loot" impossible as they'd have to have helped out in some way and had equal rolling rights to it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I feel like this is probably a case of "The person who wanted the item most (me) should have gotten it, because my needs are special and important."

It could be a case of "It was arranged for me to get this item, but due to some kind of broken promise or problem with the loot system, someone else got it." But who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    During Cataclysm, while questing in the molten front, anyone who did damage to certain mobs could loot afterwards, so the first person to the corpse got the loot. I just killed a Molten Giant with a group of people and when I went to loot, there were epic plate pants on it. I got it, but apparently just before other people could as I got several angry whispers from people who saw the item but when they went to click it got "this item is busy" as a error message.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Usually just minor things, really. Usually something like that one epic dodo I'd been after for the last three years of Brewfest and the lowest dps, even lower than the healer's, manages to win it, versus me who had had either the 2nd or 3rd highest dps in all my queues (AS A PROT WARRIOR).

Or whenever a DK or arms warrior decides to need on an agility polearm because "agility boosts crit therefore it's better than my 5 ilvl lower 2h sword"

Or whenever I decide to queue occasionally as a dps on my priest (healing gets tedious after 20 straight heroics), and my heal trinket that I've been after decides to drop and I have to roll against the herp-derp monk attempting to make a heal set.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-02-20 at 08:11 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

I feel like this is a semi troll thread. The lack of specifics in the OP makes me feel like he is just making fun of whiners. And I whole heartedly agree! Who cares, tis just a game.

Some goof stole my skyshard and he didn't even know what to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah, it's called biased loot council.

That's the only instance I can think of.
    And tanks / healers/ dds stealing loot.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I used to do runs of OS farming an item for transmog, I'd organise it, get the group to go along etc, told them item was reserved and all had the chance for mount etc..

First time the item I wanted dropped was the one time i'd forgot to put master looter on. Some Hunter needed on the leather item... and won it. He'd needed on every single item. I started conversation with him on this and he said that he wanted to win something.. and said that I was just jealous because he'd won something and I hadn't won anything.

pissed me off no end. And this is why you always have master looter on... and why Blizz has had to do all the mental business with only being able to roll on your type of gear, to only being able to roll for your spec, to having increased bonus rolling for your spec.. to the eventual LFR system of loot that everyone complains about now. It's because of idiots like him.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-02-20 at 11:54 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Yes I've experienced this from Ragnarok-Maestia-WoW etc., Almost every mmorpg game there is always a looter zzzz

in old days it was happening often, u are levling in some low lv zone, doing some q with some random ppl in party. Then u spot a chest, u all agree to greed w/e its in there, then someone needs all