Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Account Terminated - help anybody please

Hey,

So other day my account got terminated because it was linked with another account which was stealing items from players account. Let just get this straight I have NOT doing anything like this, I've had the game since launch an done everything legit. Couple of days ago I got a mail with items in it from a random player so I thought okay I'll have them, my guess is that these are stolen items that they are talking about. I had no idea they are stolen.

I have contacted support and this was there final response

"Hello,

The decision to terminate the account is final. This decision has been thoroughly reviewed by our team, and we maintain absolute confidence in our conclusion. The account will remain permanently closed and is not eligible for reactivation under any circumstances.

At this time I must also inform you that any further inquiries regarding this account may be closed without a response.

Sincerely,
    GM Roland
    NCsoft Account Admin Team"

I haven't done anything wrong, I can't post in the forums because my account has been banned, on the forums they have people from Arenanet which help and I want to get help from them but as I said I'm unable to post a thread because I'm banned. Can anybody here please post a forum thread on there with my ticket support number so one of them can help me please or if better a official Arenanet on here can check please?

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:11 PM ----------

If anybody can please help can you please post a post on here

forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged

with the following

Reference # 130218-002124
    "Can someone please check this ticket, ArenaNet final reponse was they are not going to unbanned it, I haven't done anything wrong. I've played this since launch and done everything legit. Please forum ArenaNet mods can you check it and just unbanned me because I haven't done anything please."

Can anybody please go that link and put a reply with what I said above. Please anybody

Thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:11 PM ----------

If anybody can please help can you please post a post on here

forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged

with the following

Reference # 130218-002124
    "Can someone please check this ticket, ArenaNet final reponse was they are not going to unbanned it, I haven't done anything wrong. I've played this since launch and done everything legit. Please forum ArenaNet mods can you check it and just unbanned me because I haven't done anything please."

Can anybody please go that link and put a reply with what I said above. Please anybody

Thanks.

Same thing happened to my account.

Been playing on it since GW2 release, have 3 lvl 80s, 100% map complete, full exotic gear and tons of mats.
    Then one day BAM, banned with no warning for no reason.
    Apperently I had tampered with the game, I dont even know how to do this even if I wanted to.

Made several tickets explaining how Ive done nothing wrong.
    But everytime its the same story, wait 2-3 days for a response just so they can tell me that they are certain and that they wont investigate it further.

Customer service ftw
    Last edited by Pwnpaw; 2013-02-21 at 10:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    Same thing happened to my account.

Been playing on it since GW2 release, have 3 lvl 80s, 100% map complete, full exotic gear and tons of mats.
    Then one day BAM, banned with no warning for no reason.
    Apperently I had tampered with the game, I dont even know how to do this even if I wanted to.

Made several tickets explaining how Ive done nothing wrong.
    But everytime its the same story, wait 2-3 days for a response just so they can tell me that they are certain and that they wont investigate it further.

Customer service ftw
    Are you able to go to that link and post what I said above, kt will help me a lot. That is if you have a account to do it or a friend or can?

I would help you if I could but my account is terminated so I have no access to the forums.
    I have to applaud their decision of making a thread about helping people with wrongfully terminated accounts on a forum that they no longer have access to.

Shrug. I've grown callous to such issues because often times when you dig deeper the offending party is actually doing something wrong. They just don't recognize their activity as against the rules. So often times these threads are just a waste of time. You got caught, suck it up.

In the rare chance that you are actually legit, then your only real recourse is to continue to contact customer service. They are human and they do make mistakes. But ultimately it is their choice whether to believe you or not. And if they've wrongly accused you, then rightly take your money elsewhere. But as others have already tainted the well before you and I've seen this story so many times before, I don't immediately trust you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    Shrug. I've grown callous to such issues because often times when you dig deeper the offending party is actually doing something wrong. They just don't recognize their activity as against the rules. So often times these threads are just a waste of time. You got caught, suck it up.

In the rare chance that you are actually legit, then your only real recourse is to continue to contact customer service. They are human and they do make mistakes. But ultimately it is their choice whether to believe you or not. And if they've wrongly accused you, then rightly take your money elsewhere. But as others have already tainted the well before you and I've seen this story so many times before, I don't immediately trust you.
    Which I understand if you don't believe me as you don't know me, all I can say is I've played it all legit since launch. Will you be able to post on the forum thought olease?

Quote Originally Posted by Heatblast9346 View Post
    Which I understand if you don't believe me as you don't know me, all I can say is I've played it all legit since launch. Will you be able to post on the forum thought olease?
    No, the forum does not help you resolve customer service related issues. Further, I don't sign petitions or write people recommendations just because they ask.

Despite the inconvenience (understatement, I know) of the matter, the Guild Wars 2 team are not going to take a stance like that without real strong evidence to support their claim. The last thing they want to do is wrongly close accounts, and while the occasional one will occur, most of the time I've found people fail to fill us in on the whole story.

Clearly, something related to you, on your account was involved in something that broke their ToS. They're a smart company, and even a brain-dead IT Technician would check the I.P. history and latest incidents to confirm if it was a hacking related incident, or was from the same I.P. Overall, keep trying to contact them if you're 100% certain you're innocent.

Deleted
    I've contacted them 3 times but they just don't listen. This is why I need someone to please post on that forum just saying my case number and what I wrote above, that is all if anybody can just do that it will be much appreciated

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Despite the inconvenience (understatement, I know) of the matter, the Guild Wars 2 team are not going to take a stance like that without real strong evidence to support their claim. The last thing they want to do is wrongly close accounts, and while the occasional one will occur, most of the time I've found people fail to fill us in on the whole story.

Clearly, something related to you, on your account was involved in something that broke their ToS. They're a smart company, and even a brain-dead IT Technician would check the I.P. history and latest incidents to confirm if it was a hacking related incident, or was from the same I.P. Overall, keep trying to contact them if you're 100% certain you're innocent.
    've contacted them 3 times but they just don't listen. This is why I need someone to please post on that forum just saying my case number and what I wrote above, that is all if anybody can just do that it will be much appreciated

You shouldnt ask other people to post on your behalf because it is illegal for other people to post on the behalf of terminated/suspended accounts.

Deleted
    You shouldnt ask other people to post on your behalf because it is illegal for other people to post on the behalf of terminated/suspended accounts.
    I've been told this many times but I see people who are banned on the game and they are still posting on that forum, there must be away to create a forum account without buying the game than or it is there friends doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post

Naturally you have no way to know if Im lying or not.
    But I was accused for having tempered with the game and I have never done anything but play the game as it was installed with no other softwares modifying it.
    They told me that they never terminated anyones account unless they were entirely sure that illegal activites had occured, so they are refusing to investigate it further.

But naturally everyone can make a mistake from time to time, and I know for a fact that a friend of mine had his account terminated aswell and he explained to them that he hadnt done anything wrong, and they investigated it and figured out that they had made a mistake and his account was unbanned.

This is really frustrating because I know I havent done anything illegal with my account so they must have made a mistake, but they refuse to do anything with it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:11 PM ----------

I've been told this many times but I see people who are banned on the game and they are still posting on that forum, there must be away to create a forum account without buying the game than or it is there friends doing it.
    Well as far as logic sense goes there should be.
    Seams retarded that banned accounts cant post in a forum thread made to help people with banned accounts.

I atleast cant post anything with my account and I havent seen any option to make a new forum account, and Ive been told that its illegal to post on behalf of terminated accounts so I cant ask others to do it for me.

Deleted
    Naturally you have no way to know if Im lying or not.
    But I was accused for having tempered with the game and I have never done anything but play the game as it was installed with no other softwares modifying it.
    They told me that they never terminated anyones account unless they were entirely sure that illegal activites had occured, so they are refusing to investigate it further.

But naturally everyone can make a mistake from time to time, and I know for a fact that a friend of mine had his account terminated aswell and he explained to them that he hadnt done anything wrong, and they investigated it and figured out that they had made a mistake and his account was unbanned.

This is really frustrating because I know I havent done anything illegal with my account so they must have made a mistake, but they refuse to do anything with it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:11 PM ----------

Seams retarded that banned accounts cant post in a forum thread made to help people with banned accounts.

I atleast cant post anything with my account and I havent seen any option to make a new forum account, and Ive been told that its illegal to post on behalf of terminated accounts so I cant ask others to do it for me.
    It is stupid, I've done nothing wrong. Played the game since launch and done everything legit and this is what I get!

Deleted

I atleast cant post anything with my account and I havent seen any option to make a new forum account, and Ive been told that its illegal to post on behalf of terminated accounts so I cant ask others to do it for me.[/QUOTE]

It is stupid because I've played the game since launch and never done anything wrong!

It is stupid because I've played the game since launch and never done anything wrong!
    You have no idea how many times I've seen this posted and it turns out the user was flat out lying (I mean, the user has nothing to lose if they can convince some poor schmuck that they're telling the truth when they're not, they're already banned) . And then ArenaNet (in a reddit thread, where the users knew ahead of time tat any news would be public) announced the true cause of the ban, and the user never appeared again because they knew they were rightfully banned.

To put it another way: if you truly were in the right, you would put more effort into contacting ArenaNet and getting it straightened out, instead of posting pleas for some fool to take mercy on you and plea on your behalf

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yeah know how you feel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You have no idea how many times I've seen this posted and it turns out the user was flat out lying (I mean, the user has nothing to lose if they can convince some poor schmuck that they're telling the truth when they're not, they're already banned) . And then ArenaNet (in a reddit thread, where the users knew ahead of time tat any news would be public) announced the true cause of the ban, and the user never appeared again because they knew they were rightfully banned.

To put it another way: if you truly were in the right, you would put more effort into contacting ArenaNet and getting it straightened out, instead of posting pleas for some fool to take mercy on you and plea on your behalf
    As I said many times, please read in other posts. I've tried contacting them many times, they just say the same thing. I've opened a new one and we will see what they do from there.

I've read what you posted (8 posts on an account created just to whine about getting banned isn't hard to follow). They said they thoroughly investigated the matter--so if you're so sure that you were wrongly banned, ask them to tell you the reason for your ban (and then, post it here, if you still feel wronged...). But there's nothing we can do to help you, even if we were foolish enough to believe your word after you were told the banning was thoroughly investigated and upheld. Now, if you were caught in a ban wave and hadn't attempted to appeal yet, you might garner a hint of sympathy, but again, there have been a vast swath of people to claim innocence until their reason for being banned was publicly aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I've read what you posted (8 posts on an account created just to whine about getting banned isn't hard to follow). They said they thoroughly investigated the matter--so if you're so sure that you were wrongly banned, ask them to tell you the reason for your ban (and then, post it here, if you still feel wronged...). But there's nothing we can do to help you, even if we were foolish enough to believe your word after you were told the banning was thoroughly investigated and upheld. Now, if you were caught in a ban wave and hadn't attempted to appeal yet, you might garner a hint of sympathy, but again, there have been a vast swath of people to claim innocence until their reason for being banned was publicly aired.
    I got banned because my account was linked to another account which was going on people accounts and stealing items. Other day I got a mail in game with a bunch of items from a random guy, I think these are the stolen items they are talking about but I didn't know these items are stolen and I didn't know the guy who sent the in game mail. I've said this but still they don't listen.

I got banned because my account was linked to another account which was going on people accounts and stealing items. Other day I got a mail in game with a bunch of items from a random guy, I think these are the stolen items they are talking about but I didn't know these items are stolen and I didn't know the guy who sent the in game mail. I've said this but still they don't listen.
    How the heck do you link your account with someone else and then not know what that other account is up to?
    Imo what this looks like is, you aquired 2accounts in some way. Decided to link them together since it's easier to log in and out of accounts that way. Now you had a main account and a mule account. You used the mule account to do things against the tos and then mailed them to yourself on the main account which you try to make it look like you didn't know.

However due to the accounts being linked the "master" account was banned so both your accounts got banned instead of only the one that was actually breaking the tos.