[Story] Memory of DS debuff bug in LFR

I would like to share a little story during DS, for those who did not have chance to experience it.

It happened when the aspect debuff first took place (5%). As you know there was an option to turn the debuff off by taking to NPC (which of course nobody did).

Funny thing was that the option also existed in LFR (although there was no debuff present), and

DOING SO CHANGED BOSS HP AND DAMAGE TO NORMAL.

So, trolls or people who were yelling "NO FREE EPICS" (myself) who knew the bug turned off the debuff. (Well I tried my best every attempt, and since I was FL heroic gear and DS normal gear I was mostly top healer. Didn't AFK or autoattack, just to let you know).

Then the drama happened.

The raid would rush to Morchok, and because people didn't stick to the crystals I believe average of 3 people died every crystal or so. The result? of course wipefest happened. People left the group, then new group of unfortunate adventurers took place(because I didn't go out).

Then we killed Morchok eventually, and proceeded further on. The group was fairly good, so we managed to kill Yorshaj(though I remember it was close to berserk). Zonozz was doable because LFR-only mechanics didn't change, and therefore ball bouncing stayed same to LFR version(it would have been impossible without it). The we killed Hagara because well it was ridiculously easy in normal anyway.

I didn't have much trouble clearing the first part, but the real fun happened from Ultraxion. I queued the latter half, and sneak down and turn off the debuff and go back up.

The first hour of twilight struck - and I think 15 people or so instantly died because they didn't go out. Even after continuous wipefest and people yelling at others to get out, there were still groups of people who were never able to(or perhaps never tried to) click the button, and so they would wipe anyway. And Ultraxion DPS requirement was pretty tight, so most groups never even got close to kill DPS.

So wipefest->everyone goes out->new people come in->repeat continued, and it was so hilarious to see piles of skeletons in front of Ultraxion.

Anyway none of the groups I was in managed to beat Ultraxion. Later I heard about group which eventually reached Madness(spine had no plasma, so it was possible I guess). I don't believe that any LFR group would have been able to kill Madness though(it was pretty tough for even normal raiders).

It was hotfixed in like 3 days or so, but it was the most memorable and fun experience I ever had in LFR(and many elitist fellows would agree).

Sharing your experience of harassing 24 other idiots? Great story, trolling LFR. Right up there with making fun of special ed kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post

It was hotfixed in like 3 days or so, but it was the most memorable and fun experience I ever had in LFR(and many elitist fellows would agree).
    I was unaware of this bug but interesting story. I applaud you for trying this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Sharing your experience of harassing 24 other idiots? Great story, trolling LFR. Right up there with making fun of special ed kids.
    I have to agree. A thread like this, glorifying how you trolled LFR raids would not go well.