Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oboloz View Post
    This. Now a game like Guild Wars 2 maybe could make it to consoles, but I don't think WoW ever could.

Infracted

what on earth was this infracted for?

ontopic: pc gamers are still blizzards target audience, wow hasn't been dumbed down, its made more user friendly and QoL changes, and also its changed with the userbase. its become more casual friendly as thats the largest audience of WoW. i dont think we will ever see WoW on consoles, it would mean WoW reducing itself to 5 or so skills per character to fit with the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    He was infracted for saying Guild Wars 2 or a similar game could better be translated to a console than a game like WoW?
    Trigger happy moderators in action.

The mod should be infracted himself for censorship and disturbing peace on forums.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    When 99.999% of the people picked that ability in a talent tree, why wouldn't it make sense to just make it a core ability? Just to appease the 0.001% that want to be special snowflakes that play sub-par?

Many of the current talent choices give you quite close results. Yes, there is always something that is a bit more optimal to take. But not game breakers.

In the previous trees, if you missed the real core talents, you would fail miserably. Some abilities really should not be optional.
    ONLY RAIDERS did that ONLY AT MAX LEVEL.

There are lot of people who do not raid and who quest, pvp, or LEVEL alts. Those people were robbed of making choices.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    No.

WoW will never be a console game. Simply put, consoles don't have enough (friendly) options for keybinds, and communication on a console is generally unfriendly; it requires (or even demands) voice chat for practically everything.
    An MMORPG like WoW will never be suitable for consoles.
    Could play by clicking or have a custom keyboard-like controller. We don't know what PS4 will bring.

Deleted
    i like the new talent system, i was a little skeptical of it at first, but ive come to prefer it over the old bloated system. there are always going to be cookie cutter builds, not really a way around that, but i feel this is less so that before. i find my self changing talents around more than i ever did before due to a lot of talents being quite situational, good on some bosses but then i switch it for something else. also, because there is a lot less talents, its not such a hassle to respec them when going from pvp/pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The response time required, even with a setup perfectly optimized for speed, would still be beyond the capabilities of most normal human beings.
    We've established that you're not going to be #1 World DPS or #1 in PvP. The fact remains that it would be doable on consoles, and wouldn't be that hard to do it with a controller. Also, that concept I came up with took literally five seconds, I'm sure a team of dedicated designers working on it for months would be able to make something better than a college student who woke up too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzle33 View Post
    Example of a Ps3 controller setup. Square to interact with NPCs, X to autoattack, O to cancel, triangle to open up your menu options. D-pad cycles through spells left and right to choose a spell on your left or right, and up/down to move to action bars above and below with R2 using abilities. R1 to target nearest mob, hold it for .5 seconds to choose your target by moving the left analog stick with R1 held down. L1 to target yourself and party/raid members, same hold function as R1 but only targets friendlies. L2 enables voice chat when held down, and the analog sticks move your character and your field of view. Honestly, it wouldn't be that much of a pain in the ass. Also, they could have an option to enable USB or Wireless keyboard function if you desire. There could also be a quick bar on the side with "panic" abilities that you press R3 to use and the spell buttons cycle through that, then press R3 to close it.
    Would be alright for the first 1-60 maybe, other than that no way.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Yes the "uber complex" talent trees are the only thing holding WoW back from being played on a console.

Jesus, do people really think that talent trees have ever been complex?

The rest of the game is way too complex for a console, gampley wise.
    Last edited by Resies; 2013-02-21 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Diablo is very simple in it's core from first incarnation (yes Diablo 2 aswell), but WoW would never work on consoles with it's 4 hotbars full of skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everquest Online Adventures was on the Ps2, was an amazing game. The world was completely seamless with the only loading screens being from portals, and it was massive. Was released in 2003 and closed in 2012. Nine years is an amazing run for a game, let alone an MMO on the Ps2.
    I used to play EQ2, great memories. Never knew that they made an Everquest for PS2..

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone has an issue with moderation, please contact Sunshine using the Contact Us page. Don't derail threads with it

And then we'll be eating our babies for breakfast.

I used to play EQ2, great memories. Never knew that they made an Everquest for PS2..
    Never did i, FF11 was shit on ps2 and a little better on 360 but it needed a keyboard to really do anything and if you have keyboard in might aswell just plug in a mouse.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    This. Now a game like Guild Wars 2 maybe could make it to consoles, but I don't think WoW ever could.

Infracted
    why the hell he was infracted for? There's really too many moderators who are GW2 fanboys. He speaks the truth, with skills based on weapons you use, you have only like 5 buttons to press at same time. Guild Wars would be perfect for use on controllers.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've established that you're not going to be #1 World DPS or #1 in PvP. The fact remains that it would be doable on consoles, and wouldn't be that hard to do it with a controller. Also, that concept I came up with took literally five seconds, I'm sure a team of dedicated designers working on it for months would be able to make something better than a college student who woke up too early.
    But who would want to do that? Even people not aiming for world firsts would not want to be purposely handicapped to that degree by playing on a console. A console player's arena team could never beat a keybinding PC arena team unless that PC team was incredibly bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Diablo is very simple in it's core from first incarnation (yes Diablo 2 aswell), but WoW would never work on consoles with it's 4 hotbars full of skills.

you could so some skills, if say the top 2 buttons were used as modifier keys :P

but how would interacting with the world work? the analog sticks move a cursor around? then how do you move the character?

Go to youtube and search for EQOA's Final Sunset, I can't link videos yet >.<

The game was freaking amazing, and if Sony had stuck with it, it may still be alive and could've made it to Ps3. However, they moved the best EQOA developers to Everquest 2 and then the game went downhill. Not saying it would have had WoW like subs or anything, but I could see it having a decently sized community if they had stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    But who would want to do that? Even people not aiming for world firsts would not want to be purposely handicapped to that degree by playing on a console. A console player's arena team could never beat a keybinding PC arena team unless that PC team was incredibly bad
    Console only realms, with console only arena/bg? Fair playing field.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    So with people already complaining about such issues as low pop servers and imbalanced factions, we'd want to segregate the population further?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    you could so some skills, if say the top 2 buttons were used as modifier keys :P

but how would interacting with the world work? the analog sticks move a cursor around? then how do you move the character?
    yes, WoW has this point and click system, that needs fast respondance, I cant imagine raids on controllers.
    On the other hand again Guild Wars 2, pretty much every skil there doesnt require target, everything is aoe, you have very arcade mechanics like dodge. Yeah, it would work good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post

still the matter of WoW has too many spells. it would require a bit of an overhall of the classes to work on a controller. it would work for a game like GW2 where there is only 5skills, thats doable on a controller, but wow classes have far too many spells to work on a controller.

Well, there could be different routes for them to go. They could make the game cross-platform with players being able to play together on the console and PC while questing and being in the open world. I guess if they queued for anything though you could put console gamers in their own battlegroup or something, that way they would be playing against the other type in a fair environment. As far as raiding goes, like I said, I came up with that controller setup in five seconds and my six month old woke me up at three a.m. so I'm sure dedicated designers could do better and make something viable.