Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    d3 is hack and slash and translates super easy to console. i even play it similar to using a console controller cause i don't like to click to move.

i think WoW has too many ui features to translate well onto consoles, let alone all the add-ons the average player uses that would cause numerous potential bugs with each update. it's bad enough as it is with each patch on the pc given how quickly and easily you can remedy it; consoles won't have that flexibility.

I'll admit I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I felt the urge to add my comment.

I currently play WoW with a console controller. Not just to mess about with, I genuinely use an Xbox controller for almost everything I do. I find the game much more fun this way, and it suits the way I like to play, more so than with a KB and Mouse.

There are limitations, which I concede are mostly down to click-to-place abilities and the occasional inability to pan the camera fast enough, but on the whole I have been able to be relatively successful in playing with a console controller (1800+ Arena, 2200+ RBG, 8/8HC during Cata). No one I play with, bar my 2's partner, knows I play using this setup and I am yet yo have a a complaint about my in game performance.

So from a "play style" perspective, WoW in it's current form, with a little dedication to perfecting the setup, is moderately easy to play with as a console gamer. With a few changes from Blizzard, it's perfectly feasible. But that's just my opinion... and I recommend any nay-sayers have a go before they dismiss the idea, it's a little addictive :P.

Tried playing WoW on an xbox controller. The amount of spells and keybinds made it quite frustrating in the end. Tried this on an ele shaman and dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I can't imagine WoW being on a console. There are too many buttons and keybinds to press to be able to do it. Imagine the incredible change of raid mechanics to accommodate the precise movements necessary that you can't get on a console...
    Movement on a controller was much more fluid than I thought when I tried it out. Just don't bind turning and backpeddling. Actually found it alot more easier to avoid things because of the occasional fat fingering :lol: PvP was actually quite fun on a controller granted it's me being a random BG all star. I don't see how WoW would have to adjust movement heavy raid encounters for people with a controller. If anything, when I tried a controller on some raid encounters such as faction champs, valiona/theralion or even al'akir, nobody knocked on my performance.

Anyway, that's pretty much the only positive right now using a controller in WoW. EDSF movement and pressing A or whatever key by accident....

WoW is safe from Blizzard doing anything to it to ruin it, it was never meant for consoles and will never be made to try to fit them.

The danger however is for FUTURE games. Rather than release an awesome PC only title (certain games can be done on the PC that can't be done on console) Blizzard will compromise the quality of the game for the sake of console portability. Diablo 3 is the best example of that. It is very clear they were gunning for a console release of it for a long time now and it's also extremely clear the game's integrity was compromised in order to make it as console friendly as possible.

They made Diablo 3 a worse game in order for it to be more portable to consoles.

That's my only worry. We all want Titan to be awesome, but if they see it being a big console game that will limit what they can do with it severely.