Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    60+ FPS on ultra was possible everywhere in cataclysm
    Lies and exaggerations... 25man Ultraxion, even in LFR would drop below 30.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Ok fine lol, that would be the one exception to that rule, but in MoP just out questing in jade forest there are spots where my PC goes below 60 FPS on ultra and this was not the case in cata. Trust me, there are optimization issues present in MoP that were not there in cata, this isnt due to "updated graphics" it was simply just not done well. When i go full ultra in MoP my frames only dip to the high 40's to low 50's BUT it feels much much lower, it gets a choppy sensation that makes the game unplayable for me. Ive asked blizzard about this and they said they are "looking into it" lol.

My GTX 465 will play battlefield 3 on full ultra just fine, i have it overclocked to 860mhz from 607 stock, it scores a 7.9 WEI and gets radeon 7870 numbers in benchmarks.

My GTX 465 will play battlefield 3 on full ultra just fine, i have it overclocked to 860mhz from 607 stock, it scores a 7.9 WEI and gets radeon 7870 numbers in benchmarks.
    What kind of resolution are you running to achieve that?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

I have a 22" 1080p screen.

I must have the best gtx 465 ever made, i can turn the sliders all the way up on volts/memory/core clock and get no artifacts lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Lies and exaggerations... 25man Ultraxion, even in LFR would drop below 30.
    I don't know why this, clearly broken, fight always get brought up. Its obviously an exception and hopefully no one would even try to build around one fight hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I don't know why this, clearly broken, fight always get brought up. Its obviously an exception and hopefully no one would even try to build around one fight hehe
    It's not exception, it's just the most glaring example of how spell effects in a 25man raid encounters brings any computer to it's knees. It also handily shuts up people who claim their computer is somehow magical and can run WoW at 60fps ultra anywhere anytime because vast majority of WoW players never experienced 25man raiding before the introduction of LFR and don't actually know that 25man raids hits hardware requirements through the roof.

In ICC it was Marrowgar and Sindragosa, in DS it's Ultraxion... Every tier has boss or two like that, or you gonna add those to your magic list of clearly broken exceptions that tend to crop up left and right?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It's not exception, it's just the most glaring example of how spell effects in a 25man raid encounters brings any computer to it's knees. It also handily shuts up people who claim their computer is somehow magical and can run WoW at 60fps ultra anywhere anytime.

In ICC it was Marrowgar and Sindragosa, in DS it's Ultraxion... Every tier has boss or two like that, or you gonna add those to your magic list of clearly broken exceptions that tend to crop up left and right?
    Wasn't the black phase during Zonozz also a bit heavy? I think I had some issues with that but it might have been when I was still using my Phenom.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Wasn't the black phase during Zonozz also a bit heavy? I think I had some issues with that but it might have been when I was still using my Phenom.
    Yep, that's the 2nd worst spell effect hell in DS after Ultraxion.
    Trolling should be.

Yep, that's the 2nd worst spell effect hell in DS after Ultraxion.
    Don't forget Black/Yellow/Red at Yorsahj hc.

This is why i dont post on these forums anymore.

You guys are totally missing the point, go to basically any MoP zone on full ultra. You will be getting decent fps (40-60 depending where) but it will feel to you as much lower. Blizzard did not do a good job on implementing MoP graphics and they know it. At least "good" preset with ultra view distance looks nearly as good as full ultra settings, and plays amazing like cata did.

This is why i dont post on these forums anymore.
    Anymore before that post just now, or anymore after it?

Seems like you have some issues with truth which indicates the rest of your post isn't even worth commenting on besides "lots of speculation and accusations, no proof".
    Trolling should be.

I just cant stand you greasy EU fucks.

This will be my last post on these forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    That escalated quickly.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    It's not exception, it's just the most glaring example of how spell effects in a 25man raid encounters brings any computer to it's knees. It also handily shuts up people who claim their computer is somehow magical and can run WoW at 60fps ultra anywhere anytime because vast majority of WoW players never experienced 25man raiding before the introduction of LFR and don't actually know that 25man raids hits hardware requirements through the roof.

Calm down boss, seriously you're getting way too aggressive for nothing.

I'm not backing anyone up that say they have 60+FPS ultra everywhere, I know that's not possible as much as you do. All I was trying to say is that there are a few fights where certain phases tax PC's more than they should and if these phases are like .01% (just a random number don't quote me on it) of the entire game then I don't think they're a fair representation of the entire game.

I don't remember Marrowgar being that big of an issue, yes the fires were taxing but not the same level as 20% down Ultraxion. Sindragosa I don't remember anything wrong with, maybe I remember wrong though. Still 1-4 fights or short burst phases of those fights doesn't, to me, show the true face of the whole game. However it is a convenient tool/example to use every time someone claims they have ultra 60fps everywhere. So you/we can put them in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Calm down boss, seriously you're getting way too aggressive for nothing.

All I was trying to say is that there are a few fights
    I wasn't being aggressive but sarcastic when you claimed Ultraxion would be somehow magically only place where the game lags.

The truth is that 25man raids always has been and always will be significantly higher in hardware requirements and people need to accept that instead of making bullshit excuses claiming the game is broken. It doesn't take rocket surgeon to figure out that when the amount of players visible onscreen goes up by 150% from 10 to 25, fps will go down.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    I wasn't being aggressive but sarcastic when you claimed Ultraxion would be somehow magically only place where the game lags.

The truth is that 25man raids always has been and always will be significantly higher in hardware requirements and people need to accept that instead of making bullshit excuses claiming the game is broken. It doesn't take rocket surgeon to figure out that when the amount of players visible onscreen goes up by 150% from 10 to 25, fps will go down.
    We are not disagreeing so no need to try convincing me and quit using this condescending way of talking to me about how I suggest something magically works, I'm not a fairy. However you can raid at 40-60FPS in 25 man except for a few phases/fights and yes Ultraxion was actually "broken", they even implemented a fix to the fight which helped a lot with the 20% down, didn't make it perfect but it was decent.

However it's pointless discussing any further this with you because you're technically right the game is not at a playable 40-60FPS everywhere, there are exceptions and you will keep using these to prove your point. If there is a technical limitation to how much performance you can get in WoW, in a few select scenarios, then it's pointless even debate this anymore. people can decide for themselves how much they care about those few exceptions or build around how the game actually performs overall.

Sorry for necroing but time has come, with some delay actually. After some final thoughts I decided my make a final revision based on all the opinions generously given and some further searching.

CPU: 3570K
    MoBo: Asrock extreme4 M
    PSU: Corsair TX650 M
    Ram: Corsair XMS 8GB
    Case: Fractal design define R4 (window)
    GPU: Asus 660 ti TOP
    SSD: Samsung 840 pro 256 GB
    HD: Caviar blue 1TB
    DVD: Something around 20-25 euros
    Cooler: Hyper evo 212

Total price of everything and having it built is 1450 euros.

Any tweaks or objections or shall I go for it? Will wow be playable in ultra in 25 men? Strong enough to skip upgrading the next cpu/gpu gens and go for the second next one? Will I be able to play wow in that for 2-3 years?

You sure you want mATX motherboard? Those are usually notably weaker for overclocking and might have other drawbacks.
    Trolling should be.

You are correct and it was a typing fail for some reason beyond comprehension. Remove the M plz. Any other feedback on the specs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Sorry for necroing but time has come, with some delay actually. After some final thoughts I decided my make a final revision based on all the opinions generously given and some further searching.

CPU: 3570K
    MoBo: Asrock extreme4 M
    PSU: Corsair TX650 M
    Ram: Corsair XMS 8GB
    Case: Fractal design define R4 (window)
    GPU: Asus 660 ti TOP
    SSD: Samsung 840 pro 256 GB
    HD: Caviar blue 1TB
    DVD: Something around 20-25 euros
    Cooler: Hyper evo 212

Total price of everything and having it built is 1450 euros.

Any tweaks or objections or shall I go for it? Will wow be playable in ultra in 25 men? Strong enough to skip upgrading the next cpu/gpu gens and go for the second next one? Will I be able to play wow in that for 2-3 years?
    MB: As already stated, get the normal Extreme4, not the µATX version.
    RAM: I don't like the Corsair XMS ram. Seem to have quite a high failure rate (They are often the cheapest for a reason...). I would suggest Kingston HyperX or Corsair Vengeance LP.
    SSD: The price premium for the 840 pro is just not worth it. Get the normal 840 250GB
    Heatsink: Nothing wrong with the Hyper 212, awesome price/performance ratio. But since you get the Fractal R4 with a window, you might consider getting a better looking heatsink. If you have any way to get your hands on a BeQuiet heatsink, get it. It will blend in perfectly into the color scheme of your case / mobo. Since you seem to be from the EU, you should be able to obtain one of them.
    http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/235 or http://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/309
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet