Deleted

Heroic Elegon10 tips and tricks?

So last night we killed HC Garajal and got 1 hour worth of tries on Elegon. So heres some questions about the encounter:
    1) Is the optimal number of guardian adds still 2, or will we get away with 3?(on 1st phase 1)
    2) What is the best classes to soak the damage from guardians?
    3) Me as an Elemental shaman, struggle to kill 3rd and 4th sphere, is it worth to keep ascendance up for 3rd or 4th sphere?(assuming we got our protadin to help me with spheres)

1: 2 big adds is perfectly doable
    2: we use our shadow priest, tanks and sometimes our lock. (edit: tank on the last add before the transition)
    3: Not sure about ele shammies but our shammy never has problems in P2, we BL on the 4th sphere and kill 6spheres in the first P2 just to make the rest of the fight go faster, more stacks makes the last phase easier as well and you'll start the last phase with less hp on the boss as well, if you really struggle have 1 of your tanks help out we usually have 1 tank help our shadowpriest.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-02-23 at 02:18 PM.

We actually have to slow dps to get 2 guardians done, otherwise we transition with an add up.

We send our tanks to help our lower burst dps, makes it much easier.

With the soaking, we tend not to get the tanks to do it, so they can swap more frequently

Deleted
    The reason you dont want tanks to soak their own Protector is because of the swap almost right after. However, if you are having a hard time pushing only 2 adds you should not let a DPS soak. Tanks can do it fairly easy if they use big CD's on the explosion and have hots on them. Warriors are the worse class for this i guess since last stand/rallying shouldn't be used without a cancelaura. But with shield Wall and a full barrier they should only require one or two big, direct heals. Same goes for the rest og the tank classes. I hope it makes sence.

I put together not a guide but just the tips and tricks we used to kill it so the other teams in my guild would have something to reference. Hope it helps.

Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

What is your comp? Threads like this are only going to get you generalized advice, rather than advice specific to you and your raid comp. IE: I could sit here and list off every class and ability that can soak, or you could tell me your comp and I can tell you your best 3.

Deleted
    Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

Holy priest
    Resto Druid

Elemental Shaman
    Rogue
    Affliction Warlock
    Arms/Fury warr
    Shadow priest
    Moonkin

We sometimes swap out our rogue for a mage, as our rogue doesnt have 100% attendance due to his work schedule
    Last edited by mmocc0a63d4037; 2013-02-24 at 10:47 AM.

I'd say shadowpriest>DK then for the 2nd P1 spriest>lock>DK or the pally if he's tanking the add at that point.

Deleted
    Blood DK is excellent for soaking, have him pop AMS for it, Simple. Monk's also excel at soaking this with Diffuse Magic and Zen Med, Warriors can use spell reflect, Moonkin can soak with barkskin I think, Locks can soak (can't remember what they use off the top of my head), SPriests can soak.

If you need more than 4 soakers in the 2nd phase 1, your DPS is too low and needs fixing.

More than 4? Hell, my guild's first kill had 3 adds, and we've had only 2 adds in each phase since then.

Do not EVER have a tank soak. Its not worth the effort, and it can severely fuck up the tank rotation if he gets stunned for a few seconds (He absolutely will if he only pops AMS.)

Phase 1: Shadow Priest, Warlock with Dark Bargain. Make sure the Warlock knows to use Twilight Ward, if he asks why, tell him its because to DoT that the debuff from DB gives is Shadow damage. I'd be surprised to see a 3rd here, especially if your Priest and Druid are helping out by dpsing the boss like they should be whenever they have time.

Phase 1 the 2nd time: Shadow Priest, Warlock. You'll probably have a 3rd if you don't go above 6 stacks in phase 2; Have the Boomkin soak it with AMS+Barkskin. He'll get AMS from the DK with Symbiosis. If you have a 4th, you've got a problem.

Phase 2, have your dps assigned like you would on Normal, with one exception. Have whichever tank has better dps in the Warlock's place (Probably the Blood DK). If you put the Warrior next to the DK, he can cleave the DK's add with Raging Blow if he hits the boss with Whirlwind right before the adds come out. That will assure the DK's add dies. The Warlock should spec Mannoroth's Fury and do what it says to do in this video. If he's not complete shit, he'll do 180k+ dps, and you'll get 6-8 stacks without much issue, depending on the rest of the groups's dps. Tell your DK to make sure he glyphs Pestilence, and specs Rolling Blood. If he hits Blood Boil right when the adds spawn, he'll hit at least 2-3 targets with the Blood Boil damage, and put both diseases on every add. Tell your Shadow Priest to spec Cascade and use it on the Adds. it will bounce like crazy and do fuck loads of damage. Tell your Moonkin to make sure Starfall is up for the last set of adds. Your Paladin Tank should probably help either the Elemental or the Boomkin. Your Resto Druid can HotW to help with add damage for the last 2 sets as well. Remember to have the Warrior and Elemental use Skull Banner and Storm Lash totem during phase two towards the end, and if you struggle with phase 4 at all, just Bloodlust during phase 2 and get 9 stacks in a single phase to make it totally trivial.

Good luck, and sorry for the rant.

Deleted
    If you switch your mage in you can have him soak with temporal shield and either cauterise or greater invis. i use cauterise and temporal shield for a big hot off temporal shield helping to get my health up.

Quote Originally Posted by doadfish View Post
    If you switch your mage in you can have him soak with temporal shield and either cauterise or greater invis. i use cauterise and temporal shield for a big hot off temporal shield helping to get my health up.
    Greater Invis + Ice Barrier leads to zero damage taken. Why would you ever do it any other way?