Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    i dont play wow anymore-i have more brains then to pay for a pile of shit and lies.i can post where and where i want to,i once like wow when it was a great game,buts its not anymore.you say i have zero idea whats goign on,lmfao.i warned you guys over and over again,they will slowly nerf warriors into the ground,its been happening for years.just fucking look back and you can see for yourself.
    Yeah, warrior dps was so bad during Cataclysm... said no one ever.

i called the nerfs before they happened
    You must be a genius to foresee that the class with one of the best scaling in the game will get nerfed when a new raid is out.

warriors are now more or less the same class they were in cata,just with out lambs and a stronger execute= better burst.hell we had gag order in cata,that was better then what we have now =nothing.1 stun every 40+ secs S -wave = TD.i could list it all again,but i tell you what esoterickk,just read my post and see for yourself.
    It has nothing to do with this pve discussion.

So yeah, you've stopped playing but you still saw the warriors nerfs at each raid patch. Since you din't play anymore, you didn't have to think about this nerfs, to understand they were legitimate because of our insane scaling an you didn't see that we were still a very strong dps class. Because that's wat happened again and again for years. Nothing new, and nothing worth a whine.
    If you don't play warrior anymore and don't have a clue of what's going on, please, go post elsewhere, but not in serious discussions about this class' tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    It does actually look pretty bad, go into actual dps numbers for the fights in f.ex. 25man HC and look at all parses instead of top 100 (top 100 being incredibly weirdly weighted by there being significantly larger sample sizes for certain classes/specs). Warriors overall spec score is carried by Garalon and Elegon fights favouring their cleave and execute respectively. Not even joking sadly.

Edit: Also Heroic Will where melee have a permanent 50% damage buff.
    Oh haven't looked at these in quite a while but I'd still consider that actually fine - although a nerf seems decently ridiculous with those in mind and taking other spec buffs into account. Not that I would put too much emphasize though on these numbers as this also includes a lot of let's call it subpar players and warriors actually aren't the easiest class to play anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Oh haven't looked at these in quite a while but I'd still consider that actually fine - although a nerf seems decently ridiculous with those in mind and taking other spec buffs into account. Not that I would put too much emphasize though on these numbers as this also includes a lot of let's call it subpar players and warriors actually aren't the easiest class to play anymore.
    While I agree warriors aren't the easiest to play *cough arcane* they still don't require a massive ammount of cognitive function. You build up to a colossus smash with full rage, then do 4 heroic strikes and fill with RB>BT>RB>RB or wildstrikes wherever you have to. I also think it's a more fair representation since the top 100 will be tainted by whichever class has the most RNG and by the sheer number of samples making the top parses be further and further away from the norm of the class.

The most important part to me still is the fact that warriors are so heavily dependent on execute which makes us quite weak during the first 80% of a boss which makes us look like shit during progression raids. My old guild benched all 3 fury wars when progressing on Sha for example and I can't fault them for doing so considering where raidbots puts fury on that fight.

You build up to a colossus smash with full rage, then do 4 heroic strikes and fill with RB>BT>RB>RB or wildstrikes wherever you have to.
    Yeah, so it's easy to play with a suboptimal gameplay.

On the topic of this nerf, I highly doubt the 25% damage that was taken is going to be redistributed to our non-execute throughput, so anybody saying something along the lines of "It's good because then we won't be below other people before execute", this is only going to make the gap wider (unless this nerf was because we're still dominating other classes, which is unlikely with all these buffs to everyone else).

I also think it's a more fair representation since the top 100 will be tainted by whichever class has the most RNG and by the sheer number of samples making the top parses be further and further away from the norm of the class.
    Parsing high doesn't take mad luck. It just requires skill. I can easily and frequently parse high most any fight without having to pad or get really lucky with crits. While yes, the top 5 is usually reserved for padding/lucky execute streaks, being in the top 6-100 is just knowing how to play well and having the gear to keep up with the other people who do.

The most important part to me still is the fact that warriors are so heavily dependent on execute which makes us quite weak during the first 80% of a boss which makes us look like shit during progression raids. My old guild benched all 3 fury wars when progressing on Sha for example and I can't fault them for doing so considering where raidbots puts fury on that fight.
    You play with bad warriors, then. They shouldn't be topping the meters, but they shouldn't be at the bottom either. Not to mention how platforms will create range issues for logging, and make people look lower than they should. Also, the 15% haste buff is going to effect other classes far more than a warrior, which makes the gap larger. I've always been in the top 4 on damage to Sha on every kill we've had so far, behind our feral and maybe an arcane mage or two. If your warriors can't be at least competitive with the middle or lower top end at any point of a single target stretch, get new warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwaaaagoooonslaaaayeeers

Deleted
    it´ll still crit 500k baseline during CS windows and will be our goto move during sub 20% phase...Also we gonna have much more rage and free Wildstrikes to fill gaps. Execute dps wont suffer that much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post

You play with bad warriors, then. They shouldn't be topping the meters, but they shouldn't be at the bottom either. Not to mention how platforms will create range issues for logging, and make people look lower than they should. Also, the 15% haste buff is going to effect other classes far more than a warrior, which makes the gap larger. I've always been in the top 4 on damage to Sha on every kill we've had so far, behind our feral and maybe an arcane mage or two. If your warriors can't be at least competitive with the middle or lower top end at any point of a single target stretch, get new warriors.
    Or maybe the case is that your non-warrior players are sub-optimal? I've been topping meters in a bunch of guilds and I do have a few ranks on WoL, albeit not top ones. Fact remains though, for sha everyone parses higher than warriors, for many other fights warriors are bottom feeders compared to every other classes best spec. Execute being as powerful as it is is our saving grace at the moment, it's where we catch up and potentially overtake others. Flat out non-execute dps warriors (especially SMF which I am) are at a disadvantage to most every other class.

Deleted
    People who soley rely on execute either don't know how to play a warrior or are slacking. Yes sub 20% is sum huge numbers but ifyour using your ability right and making use of CS and your enrage procs and priority system you should be sitting in a decent position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daani View Post
    People who soley rely on execute either don't know how to play a warrior or are slacking. Yes sub 20% is sum huge numbers but ifyour using your ability right and making use of CS and your enrage procs and priority system you should be sitting in a decent position.
    Nobody solely relies on execute. Still, warriors aren't anywhere near the top of the dps this patch. I'd be fine with that if it wasn't for the fact that being melee is in many places already a disadvantage and warlocks and mages weren't doing 30k more easily...

On the topic of this nerf, I highly doubt the 25% damage that was taken is going to be redistributed to our non-execute throughput, so anybody saying something along the lines of "It's good because then we won't be below other people before execute", this is only going to make the gap wider (unless this nerf was because we're still dominating other classes, which is unlikely with all these buffs to everyone else).
    Yet, their intent is to nerf us because they judged we are dominating other classes.
    The two nerfs they have tried (-10% on BT,CS and RB; -25% on Execute) are more or less the same nerf overall (~4% dps) which tends to confirm that they want to nerf us but are looking for the best way to do it. I would rather have a nerf on the legendary meta-gem (they say they will either nerf Execute, the meta-gem or both) but as far as Fury warriors are concerned, I prefer the Execute nerf than the BT/CS/RB nerf. However, it sucks for Arms warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Yeah, warrior dps was so bad during Cataclysm... said no one ever.

You must be a genius to foresee that the class with one of the best scaling in the game will get nerfed when a new raid is out.

It has nothing to do with this pve discussion.

So yeah, you've stopped playing but you still saw the warriors nerfs at each raid patch. Since you din't play anymore, you didn't have to think about this nerfs, to understand they were legitimate because of our insane scaling an you didn't see that we were still a very strong dps class. Because that's wat happened again and again for years. Nothing new, and nothing worth a whine.
    If you don't play warrior anymore and don't have a clue of what's going on, please, go post elsewhere, but not in serious discussions about this class' tuning.
    "Yeah, warrior dps was so bad during Cataclysm... said no one ever".

i stopped reading right there-you must be a lol pve player.and yes warriors damage did suck during cata,in pvp.
    please tell me where the OP stated this was ONLY a pve discussion?guess what he never did,stop making yourself look like an ass.
    also get it threw your head warriors do not scale any beter then any other class in game.do you think its still BC?
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-02-23 at 12:48 PM.

They really have to change the name of Execute to just a "Strike" or "Heavy Blow", it just can't stay Execute any longer.

"Yeah, warrior dps was so bad during Cataclysm... said no one ever".

i stopped reading right there-you must be a lol pve player.and yes warriors damage did suck during cata,in pvp.
    please tell me where the OP stated this was ONLY a pve discussion?guess what he never did,stop making yourself look like an ass.
    The whole discussion was mainly about pvp, mostly because this change is meant for pve players. If you had read my post, I said it two lines after the "Warrior dps during Cataclysm".

also get it threw your head warriors do not scale any beter then any other class in game.do you think its still BC?
    They do. Blizzard even made a post on that matter during MoP beta to say that the new rage mechanism for warrior was an attempt to reduce the scaling of warriors. Too bad, the new Enraged+RB mechanism for Fury ruins their efforts by giving an amazing scaling to fury warriors.

Also, it's nice to call me an ass. But coming from someone who can't write one post without insult and claims that he doesn't even play the game he's talking about... Yeah, I'm really offended.

what the f**k is going on?why nerf execute?????????my god..that will hurt warriors alot in PVP...damn it
    Last edited by walled56; 2013-02-23 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    They really have to change the name of Execute to just a "Strike" or "Heavy Blow", it just can't stay Execute any longer.
    They can change it. If i remeber correctly before avatar nerf it was "You transform into unstopable collosus" now its just "you transform into collosus"

10+ Year Old Account
    So are they going to revert all previous nerfs? Because I was under the assumption that all these nerfs were influenced by our stupidly OP ability execute so this nerf should revert the nerfs?
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty big nerf.

Anyone able to tell if execute will be worth hitting over abilities like slam, RB, etc now?
    Do most of your other abilities currently hit for 75% of an execute?

Or maybe the case is that your non-warrior players are sub-optimal?
    Not unlikely, since we have few players who can truly play their class to a high percentile.

I've been topping meters in a bunch of guilds and I do have a few ranks on WoL, albeit not top ones. Fact remains though, for sha everyone parses higher than warriors, for many other fights warriors are bottom feeders compared to every other classes best spec.
    Depends on too many factors, like I said.

1) We do not get much of anything from a haste buff.
    2) Depends on your job relating to adds. Personally, I use bladestorm and then whirlwind, although only WW if I use it to bleed rage). Other than that, I purely tunnel Sha. Compared to other warriors/players who get full time AOE duty, I'm never going to be able to touch them, yet I always am within the top 5 (usually top 3) when it comes to Sha damage.
    3) Depends who is logging, and if I/them are moved out of range of the main platform/side pagodas.

Execute being as powerful as it is is our saving grace at the moment, it's where we catch up and potentially overtake others. Flat out non-execute dps warriors (especially SMF which I am) are at a disadvantage to most every other class.
    While the former is true, the latter is not necessarily so, depending on your skill cap when it comes to rage management. I can still beat at least half of my guild in single target throughput before we reach execute phase, or in any length of extended single target. For example, before the first retreat on this week's Empress, I was about #4-5 on the meters. This is what I was referring to in the post you quoted.

Deleted
    Not unlikely, since we have few players who can truly play their class to a high percentile.

Depends on too many factors, like I said.

1) We do not get much of anything from a haste buff.
    2) Depends on your job relating to adds. Personally, I use bladestorm and then whirlwind, although only WW if I use it to bleed rage). Other than that, I purely tunnel Sha. Compared to other warriors/players who get full time AOE duty, I'm never going to be able to touch them, yet I always am within the top 5 (usually top 3) when it comes to Sha damage.
    3) Depends who is logging, and if I/them are moved out of range of the main platform/side pagodas.
    1) Not quite true, though haste is definitively better for other classes than us.
    2) Damage on Sha compared to adds is a hard thing to gauge the value of I guess.
    3. Well sure, but don't you agree that since cackle is random it's unlikely that warriors would be hurt more than any other class by being out of range of the logger on the pagodas?

While the former is true, the latter is not necessarily so, depending on your skill cap when it comes to rage management. I can still beat at least half of my guild in single target throughput before we reach execute phase, or in any length of extended single target. For example, before the first retreat on this week's Empress, I was about #4-5 on the meters. This is what I was referring to in the post you quoted.
    So how much dps were you actually doing when #4-5 on the meters pre-retreat empress? Without actual numbers it gets kind of meaningless. Since in a guild where noone is particularly good a competent player with a shitty spec can still seem like a god.
    Last edited by mmoc62471eea71; 2013-02-23 at 02:24 PM.