Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Dood...shameful would be leading the group, not saying it's locked and then just nabbing it and fuckin off.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Dood...shameful would be leading the group, not saying it's locked and then just nabbing it and fuckin off.
    Actually, if he doesn't saying anything and has master looter on, according to blizz he is well within his limits to just take it or anything else in the raid that didnt have specified loot rules regarding it. Now if he said it was free roll then took it, yeah that's down right dispicable.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I know what your talking about though, a while back a friend finally after week on pugigng groups, got her twilight drake, and one of our long term raiders turned around quite aggressively and said she didnt deserve the mount because she out level'd it, you can imagine it caused a QQ, Ironically, he went in next week to get ash's and it dropped, but apparently that didnt count

I know a few people who are negative towards people getting mounts these days from old content, but to me if your farming a mount for months on end every week with a 1% drop rate, then hats off to your patience

But if you get it and someone has a issue with it, just do what I do and tell them to shove it and stop being so pathetic,

Deleted
    I started playing during Ulduar, so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jealousy is a harsh mistress. That's what I get from your rant here.

Worry less about what people in an imaginary world will think of you, enjoy the game, log off achieve in the real world. Then if anything you can laugh at the people so threatened by a mount that they took the time to look that up.

It's a game, so long as youre enjoying yourself.. You're winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    It's a little bit stupid but ...
    If you drop theses mounts with the 1% droprates, and then, someone looks at your achievements, and can see that you never did LK25HM or YS25HM in time, couldn't it be a shame ?
    Some people buy the mounts of the BMAH. At least farming it for yourself shows some form of effort

I woudln't really care. I mean, unless you run around claiming you did it when it was hard, why would anyone care when you get some mount ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're just being paranoid.

I'd regard a person like that as a very very lucky person that is... if I even bothered to check the achievement dates. They don't matter. For all I know, it might be someone really rich who got them off the BMAH.

No, nothing to be ashamed of.

In fact if some self apointed Achievement Police sees you on invincible and then goes through your achievements to check that the date you got it was before the drop rate change then I think that they're the one that's a loser.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-02-24 at 01:08 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hold the players who obtained those mounts when the content was current in higher regard.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Why the hell should I be ashamed for having luck? If there's anyone out there who would talk shit about someone cus of this, it should be that person who should "rofl uninstall".

It was easier to get the mount back then than it is now. true story...

Deleted
    i would actually be jealous of you that you got those mounts and never killed em =3

this is the internet, you are anonymous here. dont worry about stuff like that :>

There are really only two groups that would try to shame someone for having picked up one of the 'reward' mounts as a lucky drop after the content was no longer relevant:

1) Those who did the content back in the day, and feel that people getting the mount now 'devalues' their accomplishment.

2) Those who are merely trolling, out of jealousy or boredom.

In the first case, I can sort of see their point. However, it still boils down to accomplishments that are three to four years old at this point. If you're no longer playing at the top of the game, then it just comes off as "I used to be good, why aren't you still paying attention to me!". And if you ARE still playing at the top of the game, then congratulations, you have current accomplishments to show off instead.

In the second case, their 'opinion' is entirely irrelevant and they are the reason the ignore feature exists in most game / forum settings.

People always making a fuss over achievements.. Honestly when was the last time you checked someone else's achievements and dates? I know my last time: NEVER!

Deleted
    yes it's horrible, i don't think i would be able to sleep at night becouse all the cool guys on server would be like ''that guy got it with nerfed drop rate''.

Awesome thread you should be proud of yourself

Well, know I wouldn't be.. I just like collecting them.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    No one really cares, in all honesty. It's a mount at the end of the day.