Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    If someone really does that... So what?

The mob has more HP than before. Now instead of killing it in 30 seconds, you kill it in 45 seconds.

Not such big of a deal.
    Unless you're very. very well geared, You're not going to kill any level appropriate rares in 30 seconds, Plus as stated previously, it's an issue for PvP realms, Because the longer you're fighting the more chance of getting ganked

Deleted
    This is a very good change. Sure, there might be a few asshats that will do that just to piss you off, but let's be realistic, do you really think that most people will just come, hit the mob once, and then sit back for a minute or so - watching you solo the mob? If yes, then hello paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    If someone really does that... So what?

The mob has more HP than before. Now instead of killing it in 30 seconds, you kill it in 45 seconds.

Not such big of a deal.
    Maybe you didn't see the full post on it, but the rare mobs has 10 million health, it goes up 5 million for each tap (assuming it maxes around 5 people at 30 million health). I don't believe you can do 5 million damage in 15 secs, So the greifer is not making a mob take 15 more secs. I aslo assume that the new rares will be on par with the mobs at Sheildwall\ offensive. In Which, a 5-10 million health boost, will make it near impossible in the early stages of the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    do you really think that most people will just come, hit the mob once, and then sit back for a minute or so - watching you solo the mob? If yes, then hello paranoia.
    In the first couple of weeks, probably very rare. But giving all the asshatery I still see today that goes on with the current rare spawns, I can't believe you think people won't be assing it up. LFR is a great example of people who do things for spite and giggles at other people's rage.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-02-27 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    In the first couple of weeks, probably very rare. But giving all the asshatery I still see today that goes on with the current rare spawns, I can't believe you think people won't be assing it up. LFR is a great example of people who do things for spite and giggles at other people's rage.
    Entirely different situations, you get 25 people from all kinds of servers that may never meet again, it's much 'easier/safer' to be an ass and get away with it. Besides, I think it's in their best interest to just get down and help you kill the rare, just sitting there seems like a waste of time. Also, in general, the number of assholes is much smaller compared to decent people, it's just that we tend to pay more attention and fixate on the negative rather than the positive things, as humans that is.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a few of those people who will hit it once, stand back and go "lol free loot". People did that shit back in Classic while raiding 40s like Molten Snore. But the majority of the people will all swarm the mob and kill it the honest way, get their loot, and continue on doing whatever it was they were doing.

I'm sure it's been answered before (lemme scroll up on the page 11 I'm on now) but I wonder if this was going to be implemented with Sha and Galleon too?

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Entirely different situations, you get 25 people from all kinds of servers that may never meet again, it's much 'easier/safer' to be an ass and get away with it. Besides, I think it's in their best interest to just get down and help you kill the rare, just sitting there seems like a waste of time. Also, in general, the number of assholes is much smaller compared to decent people, it's just that we tend to pay more attention and fixate on the negative rather than the positive things, as humans that is.
    I mostly agree that the number of asshats is low, but when the asshats are the best players on the server (say a world rank 30 guild), they have the means to be extra douchy to everyone else. And of course, If they are on the other faction, they have even more reason to piss on the baddies. Maybe you're server is a little better behave, my server seems to have just enough people that no one care about anyone else. A good chunk of the players (maybe 30%) have a me me me attitude, some even claim they would screw over guildies to get what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god, players already try to pull mobs over to you when you tag a rare (both factions) and how for each asshat up to a max of 5 they get to sit back and watch me fight a mob with 15 million HP?

arghh....

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I mostly agree that the number of asshats is low, but when the asshats are the best players on the server (say a world rank 30 guild), they have the means to be extra douchy to everyone else. And of course, If they are on the other faction, they have even more reason to piss on the baddies. Maybe you're server is a little better behave, my server seems to have just enough people that no one care about anyone else. A good chunk of the players (maybe 30%) have a me me me attitude, some even claim they would screw over guildies to get what they want.
    What I'm wondering now is, if your server is so horrible. Why keep playing on it?

Move to another server or spend 3-4 days lvling up a new character. If you don't want to pay for moving you character that is..

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    oh god, players already try to pull mobs over to you when you tag a rare (both factions) and how for each asshat up to a max of 5 they get to sit back and watch me fight a mob with 15 million HP?

arghh....
    They are doing this because they want the tag usually, this will end in 5.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    what if like 5 people just auto attack a mob...the other guy has to spend *5 longer killing it >.<

I see where they are coming from with letting people share mobs/rewards rather than ebing in competition but this will just make me fear players attacking my mobs :S

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    To be a dick. I would probably do it just to be an asshole. Primarily because I can't stand the WoW community.

Oh and because I'm an asshole. lol.
    Congrats on being the very embodiment of what makes the community you hate seem so crappy in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    To be a dick. I would probably do it just to be an asshole. Primarily because I can't stand the WoW community.

Oh and because I'm an asshole. lol.
    Yeah, keep throwing fuel in that vicious circle, I am sure it's gonna make everything better. Just don't come here to whine when something explodes in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    what if like 5 people just auto attack a mob...the other guy has to spend *5 longer killing it >.<

I see where they are coming from with letting people share mobs/rewards rather than ebing in competition but this will just make me fear players attacking my mobs :S
    It will gain 50% hp from each extra player attacking it, not 100%.

Also douchebags like that are a minority, for every griefer there is likely to be 30-50(probably a lot more) players that would rather see the mob killed fast then sitting there like a moron. They have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

What if like 5! players tag the mob and all go full out on it, the other guy has to spend HALF the time on it!!

They funny thing is that 9 times out of 10 when other players are involved, they'll all join in and go all out...WoW is nothing if not about ePeen. Then 1 time out of 10 the other player(s) will slack off. The only report the forums will hear is the one crying report of the 10% of the time it took longer to kill the mob but you'll never hear that player report about the 90% of the time rares are killed quicker.

OH NOES BLIZZ!! THIS CHANGE WILL MAKE THINGS BETTER 90% OF THE TIME, BUT A SMALL PERCENT OF A SMALL PERCENT OF THE TIME IT WILL BE MADE WORSE!

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Congrats on being the very embodiment of what makes the community you hate seem so crappy in the first place.
    The irony is that he is not "an a**hole", he's "the a**hole". The people complaining are the griefers. The "foul" community they are complaining about is themselves. And while they are seething in self loathing, the silent majority continues to play the game with random other people actually having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    What if like 5! players tag the mob and all go full out on it, the other guy has to spend HALF the time on it!!

They funny thing is that 9 times out of 10 when other players are involved, they'll all join in and go all out...WoW is nothing if not about ePeen. Then 1 time out of 10 the other player(s) will slack off. The only report the forums will hear is the one crying report of the 10% of the time it took longer to kill the mob but you'll never hear that player report about the 90% of the time rares are killed quicker.

OH NOES BLIZZ!! THIS CHANGE WILL MAKE THINGS BETTER 90% OF THE TIME, BUT A SMALL PERCENT OF A SMALL PERCENT OF THE TIME IT WILL BE MADE WORSE!.
    I'm quite positive it will make things better much more then 90% of the time, never been much of a fan of doomsday prophecies.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Paranoid kids. This is just like when Blizzard announced Cata would let people fly in Azeroth. "Aw noes! Peoples is going to keep flying over low lvl zoens killing teh lowbeis! GG Blizzerd, you done killd WoW again!"
    But, that's exactly what happened. It took the addition of CRZ to make the populations high enough, but it is now virtually impossible to level past 20 in the open world on a PvP server.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphiron View Post
    Omg finnaly someone with some common sense, first ppl whine about ppl stealing there mob and now blizz is trying to fix this and yet it still goes on.. If your not happy with things as they are then just stop playing instead of complain to every change that is made.
    The point is that they are doing it wrong. It's like they want to help a starving half consious child by giving it a job offer. The idea is good, but there's no point in the increased HP mechanic. There simply isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    1. you mistake your personal opinion as fact, thats delusional.
    2. you are quite rude in your tone and posts
    3. I'm not "forcing" anything. I'm expressing a view, that happens to differ from yours, when you get some more experience in life and expand your horizons you may realise that people are quite capable of having opinions that differ from your own and yet can be equally valid. I apologise if I am making assumptions, but you are comming across as somewhat juvenile and not used to engaging in anything resembling an adult conversation.
    4. your quoting of individual sentances to reply to is annoying and I cant be arsed to argue anymore with someone with such a closed mind, its pointless as you aparantly know everything. I congratulate you on your achievement of supreme knowledge.

Those that know everything have learnt nothing.
    So, basically what you're saying is "I have no argument, and can not refute what you claim is facts. Thus you're an arrogant person who is closed minded and are rude!", so what you're saying is, I'm abusive but you sit there behind your passive aggressive statements, and you aren't trying to force an arguement?

Grow up.

Also, my apologies for seperating your quote, in order for me to reply to specific parts due to clarity. (This is sarcasm.)
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-02-27 at 06:06 PM.

Blue has responded on the OFFICIAL forums and it boils down to this. According to GC they are aware that this may lead to greifing but feel that it is a better alternative to tapping.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blue has responded on the OFFICIAL forums and it boils down to this. According to GC they are aware that this may lead to greifing but feel that it is a better alternative to tapping.
    It is!

Holy fuck I hate tapped rares. I fucking hate finding that one rare you have been after for a few days only to find out someone tapped it AND glitched it to evade bug

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    It is!

Holy fuck I hate tapped rares. I fucking hate finding that one rare you have been after for a few days only to find out someone tapped it AND glitched it to evade bug
    cannot agree more. the only better fix in my opinion would be phased rares. for instance your toon has a percentage chance that the rare will be up based on some kind of magic blizzard timer. if it is up, only you can see it. ALL problems solved.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP