Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me this is one of those disappointed moments, like when D3 was annouced on the PS3/PS4.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand the logic behind having a card game online... then what's the point of going to the store and buying packs? They just killed their sales on their cards.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    all that hype for... this?

ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    You mean the hype created by the players, not Blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by bLank- View Post
    They said, "We have a big announcement and PAX East and we are really excited for you guys to get your hands on it." A TCG is a big announcement? Hardly.
    One statement is considered hype? Really? Were we not the ones who started a thread ont his very subject, the only people that hyped the game here was us not Blizzard, all Blizzard told us was that that they were releasing a new type of game... if thats hype then I'm a mongoose.
    Last edited by Orby; 2013-03-22 at 05:03 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    El oh el. This definitely goes mobile/arcade.

The majority of hype is created by fans, not the developers themselves.

Anyway, I had no expectations for whatever they would have announced so I'm neither pleased nor disappointed here.

I've never played a video card game before though, I might give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Hearthstone gets its own board?

That's gonna piss some people off...
    Why would it? It's a completely separate game. Where else would they put it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    One statement is considered hype? Really? Were we not the ones who started a thread ont his very subject, the only people that hyped the game here was us not Blizzard, all Blizzard told us was that that they were releasing a new type of game... if thats hype then I'm a mongoose.
    It's because of the lack of information. If they say it's big, and that's the only thing they say, people's imaginations just runs off. They imagine whatever they think would be amazing, and everyone imagines different things. So many people are bound to be disapointed, no matter what they announce.

They said, "We have a big announcement and PAX East and we are really excited for you guys to get your hands on it." A TCG is a big announcement? Hardly.
    Where did they say that?

Your wording is different from the blog post, tweets and scroll announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    It's because of the lack of information. If they say it's big, and that's the only thing they say, people's imaginations just runs off. They imagine whatever they think would be amazing, and everyone imagines different things. So many people are bound to be disapointed, no matter what they announce.
    Where did they say it was big?

In fact, they called it a "little something" which in the English language is the direct opposite of big.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

In fact, they called it a "little something" which in the English language is the direct opposite of big.
    People with unrealistic expectations based on something Blizzard did not say.

Nothing new here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

Maybe I just remember some journalist saying that, so I'm not sure actually. But if we're both right, I blame journalism for overhyping it.

First new genre from the company in a decade. I'd say that's pretty big.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Maybe I just remember some journalist saying that, so I'm not sure actually. But if we're both right, I blame journalism for overhyping it.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...izzPAXEAST.jpg

Deleted
    Queue 6 more pages about what Blizzard did or did not say or imply, followed by Blizzard moralists complaining how anyone but they harbored inflated expectations.

Or we could discuss the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Queue 6 more pages about what Blizzard did or did not say or imply, followed by Blizzard moralists complaining how anyone but they harbored inflated expectations.

Or we could discuss the game?
    There's a whole forum for that now. It's fitting that this topic be about the announcements.

Deleted
    In that case, knock yourself out. May the biggest <whatever> win.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    In that case, knock yourself out. May the biggest <whatever> win.
    I don't usually accept encouragement from those who contribute nothing to the conversation but feel justified in bitching about it and think that will ''fix it''.

But for you I will make an exception.

Thanks!

Thread title inaccurate. They announced the Hearthstone CCG, not the Hearthstone TCG. They said at PAX it was a COLLECTIBLE card game, and did not state once that there would be any card trading involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    Thread title inaccurate. They announced the Hearthstone CCG, not the Hearthstone TCG. They said at PAX it was a COLLECTIBLE card game, and did not state once that there would be any card trading involved.
    One thread should be enough.

Even though it should have been made on the feedback forum. Like the other one was moved to...