Is power auras dead? cant get it to work...any ideas or something similar?

I used to use power auras to give me an icon of any sort of immunity or dangerous ability (retal, die by the sword, etc) that an enemy used during pvp. had a timer, so i knew exactly when iceblock, bop, retal etc wore off.

I quit ofr like 3 months and came back and now i cant get power auras to work for the life of me.

is the add on broken? if anybody knows how to fix it thatd be great...that or if any1 can recommend me a similar add on thatd work to.

I want an icon of any sort of immunity or dangerous buff that an enemy puts up(stuff i dont want to attack during) with a timer. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Im not sure if power auras got updated for mop but what most people are using these days is weak auras, it can be a bit more complicated than power auras to use but it works.

lots have swapped to weak auras instead.

Last I've heard from Powerauras creators was at around the launch of MoP, delaying the new Powerauras because of a complete overhaul they were working on. Needless to say, though some people waited a long time using the poweraura fix as linked above, a lot of people were forced to switch to weakauras, not in the least because the fix, for example, won't include any MoP things (4 soulshards, etc.).

I don't know what they've done since, but unfortunately Powerauras has dug its own grave, it seems. Even if they come up with a new version now, I doubt many people who switched to weakauras are willing to completely overhaul their auras yet again, but also because it has been confirmed by the team that all your old powerauras would seize to work the moment you would update to their new and overhauled version, so you can't even return to your old auras.

For me personally, since I was forced to switch to weakauras (which though an elaborate addon, leaves a lot to be desired still, a reason why I have used both the powerauras+fix and weakauras along side each other for quite some time), I have over 200 weakauras. Unfortunately for powerauras I really don't want to redo all this work, so I'm not returning..

Edit: As for sources, all this info was on their public forums.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-02-28 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Not working