Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When real life terms get mixed with WoW

So I'm happily working away at my desk this morning and my boss, (referring to some email) yells out to me "Stef, were you CCed or not" to which I promptly replied without paying attention... "My Trinkets down" causing a few bewildered looks from the other staff.

Anyone else had something similar happen to them?

Haha. I say 'min-max' so often that my co-workers all use it now, and more generic raiding phrases (downtime, etc) have infiltrated my daily word set as well.

When having group sex with a woman, I've been known to call it a "Raid on [insert girl's name here]'s Lair."

... No I haven't. ::hangs head in shame::

No, and I don't see how this could happen. It seems like you would need mental help if you keep doing that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    When having group sex with a woman, I've been known to call it a "Raid on [insert girl's name here]'s Lair."

... No I haven't. ::hangs head in shame::
    Such an instance would result in you and the entire raid being debuffed with an undispellable disease with a nasty DoT effect...

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've made the mistake of calling money gold once or twice :P
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

The other day I was doing something that had me holding my Nintendo DS in one hand and my iPad in the other and my husband asked what I was doing. I replied, without thinking, "I'm dual wielding."

10+ Year Old Account
    my mum asked me to prune the roses and i told her i didnt have sufficient herbalism skill
    Hi

My boss asked me why I was late. I said I had lag...

Got a friend that has done worst...
    One night we were playin' and we were on TS, and suddendly he comes up with:"guys, got to do this!" Than u heard his headphone being dropped on the desk, and after 1 min he come back screaming and laughing his ass off.
    He went to his parents bedroom and light a huge flashlight to his sleeping mother screaming "LIIIIGGHHTTT!!". Oh, yeah, he plays a holy priest

Deleted
    I've started saying grats IRL quite often, I don't think it's something people tend to say. :P

I've called gold money before as well.

Deleted
    Money and gold.
    because euro and oro (gold in spanish) are very similar in pronunciation so... sometimes I call my gold euros or my euros gold.

Saying lol out loud instead of laughing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derp101 View Post
    Saying lol out loud instead of laughing
    This happens a lot to "friends" of mine who had never played wow.

Deleted
    -Toilet is on cooldown after taking a dump
    -Gym time is gametime
    -Getting rly drunk/im gonna wipe soon

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really use WoW terms in real life, mainly because Finnish and English are so different languages.

Deleted
    Not sure if it counts but we were talking about lord of the rings and I referred to the battle of helms deep as battle for deepholm in a car full of non wow players, I was laughed at quite a lot when it was pointed out by my gf.

10+ Year Old Account
    A small group of people at my work used to play, we occasionally use wow terms such as "pulling boss aggro" and when the lowest rank person is told to go clean the restrooms we encourage him to use Vanish.

Deleted
    I frequently use gz (=gratz=congratulations) ironically to devalue someones accomplishments.

"Dude, im the tallest in my family"
    "Gz, nobody in your family is taller than 5,8"

Deleted
    I never mix wow term with real life ones.....ever.