Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Key note is "a lot of new content for players to play with."

Play with makes me feel like it would be something like raid scaling, however I doubt Blizzard would call that "new content." I am assuming it is an addition like battle pets, maybe a deep mini game sort of thing.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I think it's obvious what it's going to be:

-Postman

You play the role of a postman, tasked with picking up all that mail and delivering it personally to the recipient. You get a small fee for each successful delivery!
    Just think of the fun!

Better let me have a bunny hood as well as be SUPER fast so fast i can NEVER be beaten.

it will be pet battles on smartphones !
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worthwhile to remember that Greg Street got his entry into the business by designing scenarios for Age of Empires. He's mentioned user-generated content before along with how much the maps system in SC extended the game in good ways. He also said it would be extremely difficult but worth doing and hasn't mentioned it since. That was a couple of years ago I think.

I don't think this will be it but I've always been optimistic that this would be the best solution to their oft-stated problem of people consuming content faster than it can be designed. The problem with the idea is that there wouldn't be a lot of new content when it was released so that doesn't really sound like it.

I'll guess we'll see it when we see it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    personally i would like to see guild halls first. a place where your guild can go to chill, and decorate with achievements and kill trophies. put the phased zone into all the major cities, or even better, a floating zep that your guild can move to different areas of azeroth.
    eventually, pvp guilds can 'raid' other zepplins if they are marked for pvp as well. gloriousness.
    Very nice idea!

Deleted
    ive thought for a while they might make a feature to scale old raids, i always thought they would scale them to 90, but its probably more likely they would scale you down like challenge modes. cool if it is this, would be a lot of fun to run some of the older raids and be scaled down, it might get more people doing them.

dance studio would be pretty awesome, but i doubt that's what it is. i really wanna give me blood elves the pandaren dance v.v

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    It's worthwhile to remember that Greg Street got his entry into the business by designing scenarios for Age of Empires. He's mentioned user-generated content before along with how much the maps system in SC extended the game in good ways. He also said it would be extremely difficult but worth doing and hasn't mentioned it since. That was a couple of years ago I think.

I don't think this will be it but I've always been optimistic that this would be the best solution to their oft-stated problem of people consuming content faster than it can be designed. The problem with the idea is that there wouldn't be a lot of new content when it was released so that doesn't really sound like it.

i remember a few years back blizzard showed off their world creator tool, and a lot of people started speculating that maybe one day we would get to use it to make our own content, would be cool if players could design their own maps for arenas/bgs.

Somehow given their positions on alot of other things as of late I really really doubt their going to just give players that ability. Blizzard is the new Apple in many respects. They aren't about giving you freedom to do things with their software. Their about control. and controlling the experience after the fact. I would tend to doubt it but you never know. I could see them giving you something similar to rift dimensions. Which is basically player housing. Any thing more than that I'm not sure I would hold my breathe.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-02 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

If we could design our own scenarios, that would be sweet. Another thing I was thinking of was something similar to the SFM Valve has. Would make it much easier to make WoW machinimas.

Hoping for dynamic world events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brand new feature. For 25$ you can change your class !
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2013-03-02 at 03:37 AM.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Blizzard is not much into old content, they are more in focusing in new things and let go of past, I really doubt the new feature would have anything to do with old content.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    its clear they wants us in the dust about this one but I've got a feeling its gonna be as boring or useless as pet battles and archeology and a waste of developping resources although I challenge them to make me lie.
    You have just stepped through a door and entered a realm where opinion becomes fact, this..... IS THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

Plenty of players enjoy pet battles and archeology. Just because you don't does not make it true.

It seems to me that guild halls/housing has been hinted at strongly. The farm being a prime example and to a lesser extent the daily hub in krasarang that was brought in with 5.1. Collecting badges to turn in for an upgrade to the camp? Sounds like a cool thing to incorporate into raids to upgrade your guild hall with thinks like vendors portal to org/sw etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instant pve adventure like in Rift
    Instand pvp adventure. World pvp.
    They would reward random loot bags like in lfr/scenarios.
    They would also reward honor/valor for completing them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Hoping for dynamic world events.
    And then there is this.

Deleted
    Could always hope some new kind of pvp thingy, thats not arena and standard battleground? who knows, many things many people seems to wants is things they had said maybe/prbly not gonna happen in the last year. Or redo the whole item/inventory system, unlock skins to gear after you get it once so you wont save same piece of armor in like 3 different colors.

Aerial/mounted combat, dance studio, path of the titans and player/guild housing... i bet its none of these

Wild guessing inc...

A new social tool, allowing players to "meet" other players with similar goals and activities in mind. Looking for someone to level a monk with, between 9 and 11pm PST? Hit this box, press this button, get a list of other players seeking the same. Looking for a frost mage for your 3s team between 6 and 8am AEST because you work night shifts? Blah blah. Cross realm, possibly cross faction too.

What I really want though, is an online version of Wow's Trading Card Game, integrated into Wow. Unlikely of course, but I can dream...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it would be adding all the raids to Raid Finder, but it did say "new content" so I'm not really sure now.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.
    so I can run molten core except everything is level 90 but they still drop lvl 60 loot?

is that how i'm reading it, because that is the dumbest idea ever.

if they scaled molten core to level 90 it would go back to taking about 3-4 hours to do like in vanilla

if I want to transmog molten core gear I just go solo it.
    Last edited by jonoy8; 2013-03-02 at 04:06 AM.