Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To be quite honest, in interviews regarding all the changes in the Halfhill Farm that you are able to "inherit" in 5.2 there were tons of questions about player housing. And the answers, while always being Blizz-vague concluded that they were "looking into it" or thought it was a "good idea". Now, generally these are the type of answers Blizzard often gives to good, but not yet in the radar questions, it does seem like it could be something like that.

.... I just want more Challenge modes.. More.. Challenge... Modes. That shit was the most fun I have had in this game in years, and I have been a pretty hardcore raider and do quite a bit of PvP for fun at the side.

Deleted
    Scaling of old raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Scaling of old raids.
    That'd be awful. I like duo-ing these raids with a friend, i really don't want to be forced to find a group for this kind of content as well.

I really hope they won't do this. It'd be lazy and destructive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    It says NEW content. Not old scaled/revamped/whatever.
    Hmm. wasnt rise of zandalari patch 4.1 also advertised as "new" content, while in fact it wasnt?

Player created Content.

Imagine getting given the Tools and Models of current Mobs, and allowing people to make their own dungeons for people to go through.

Would be awesome..
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    Hmm. wasnt rise of zandalari patch 4.1 also advertised as "new" content, while in fact it wasnt?
    They were new content. Just because it's the same setting doesn't mean it isn't new content.
    By your logic the whole 1-60 remake was not new content.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The grand opening of the Gallywix Pleasure Palace.
    please, for the love of god, let it be this. i LOVE that place, but hanging out there is so lonely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I really, really, really, really want the low level scaled things, so I can play with my friends
    Do your friends only play 2 hours in a month?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I would laugh my freakin ass off if they just pulled the plug and said "there is a LOT of content right outside your front door, now, go, get a life!"
    but I don't think it's player housing.
    I could see them adding scaling on a seperate setting, like normal, lfr, heroic, scaleing.
    Since Blizz loves to middle of the road like any smart biz, it gives more, not changes (and pisses off soloers).
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.
    I would love the hell out of that. However, Blizzard has this thing about "We like to move forward and not backwards", which has been their argument to pretty much every "Vanilla server pls" thread ever. I don't see how it holds up though, seeing Zul'aman last expansion being a complete copy/paste, same for Naxx in WotLK (though there were a few trash model swaps), and every damn dungeon they have remade as a heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    That'd be awful. I like duo-ing these raids with a friend, i really don't want to be forced to find a group for this kind of content as well.

I really hope they won't do this. It'd be lazy and destructive.
    What was proposed was making challenge modes to the old raids, so you'd still be able to do the old raids as they originally were, but challenge mode versions of them would also be available. It isn't scaling the raid to your Ilvl, it's scaling your Ilvl to the raid.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-01 at 01:10 PM.

I've got the feeling it will have something to do with scaling. Probably giving you the option to scale down and do raids like SSC and TK, and somehow be rewarded for that.

You heard it here 1st folks, cross faction LFR!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Player created Content.

Imagine getting given the Tools and Models of current Mobs, and allowing people to make their own dungeons for people to go through.

Would be awesome..
    Would love it, but I really only see it happening after Blizzard thinks WoW has run its course, else they'll just get blamed for stealing fan created content's ideas.

Deleted
    Hoping for Item Squish/Character Models. I know it probabalywon't be either of those, so i'm hoping Blizzard will do a good job of suprising us It has to be something NEW that will benefit everyone or a vast majority of people, just like how LFD and LFR has. I honestly can not wait

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Player housing is never coming to WoW. Ever. MoP was entirely about getting people out of cities into the world. Player housing would get players out of the world, out of cities, into a prison cell they can decorate with crap.
    And the problem is that the reasons why players stayed in the cities was largely because there was nothing for them to do out in the world. That, in MoP, seems largely addressed. Further, it is an issue sidestepped by use of CRZ. That tech needs improvement, certainly, but its there.

Finally, the farm system itself is a form of player housing. You get phased out into your own little instance where you can plant (decorate) to your hearts desire. Further, its developed in a way that sidesteps on of Blizzards major problems with housing....the lack of involvement in the game.

I don't think player housing would be the feature mentioned. If it is to come in, its big enough that it deserves to a the core feature of a XPac, not just a patch. But.....given the success of the farm and the other systems they have in place to ensure players stay out in the world...I wouldn't rule it out.

The big trick, I think, would be in designing it so that it actually had a role within the game world. The idea I liked was that of actually having a site in game where the player had to build, staff and maintain a fortress to protect an area or support an offensive. That would give you everything you get with designing a house, plus storage space to solve the trinket and armoury issues, plus involvement in the game in that you need to get involved plus it'd be large enough to act as a quest hub of sorts plus it'd support numerous professions.

Or, maybe they'd juts give you a forge, mine and tinkers studio use it to support an engineering revamp - they could split engineering into Dwarven engineering (Mechanical/Steampunk), Gnomish engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Futurisitic Sci Fi), Draenic Engineering (Light and Crystal based/Space Opera) and Goblin Engineering (Civil and Chemical/Real World Industrial). Maybe even add Gilnean (19th century steampower)

It'd also support a lumberjack/woodworking profession.

So...there's lots of potential for player housing.

EJL

Shiney pokepets?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Old instance scaling is never coming either.
    I bet it's that.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1. Scaling of all old raids/dungeons similar to challenge modes. Bosses will still drop the same loot, therefore the rewards will be cosmetic only. Transmog gear, titles, and mounts.

2. Random Raid Finder. This may not be the feature they're talking about, but will probably be introduced in 5.3. Keep the older MoP raids alive, while giving players extra valor for completing a random raid.
    Neither is "new" content. I'm also not excited about challenge modes. Indeed, I don't recall seeing anyone in challenge mode gear, nor seen a Challenge mount. At the same time, I see the first as likely.

3. Some kind of user created content. Highly unlikely, but had to put it here just in case. I hate to say player housing, because I don't think that fits w/ wow and devs have stated many times they don't like the idea, but something similar is probably to be expected. I honestly thing they are slowly testing the waters for this with sunsong ranch.
    Player Housing may come in, but it'd be next Xpac if it does. It seems unlikely until then unless we do move back to Arathi.

One idea that did cross my mind wrt fortress based player housing was that Alliance players get Stromgarde, Horde gets Hammerfall and then get tasked to build them up.

Other kind of user created content? Buy order would be about the only kind I see working. Even then, it'd need to be done right to minimise negative impact on the AH. Maybe allowing the system to create a kind of quest, give the player a buff of some sort to increase drop rates to make it worth doing but only being able to hand the mats back in instead of selling them?

Player created dungeons? Would be interesting but again, you'd get a lot of dross.

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    I bet it's that.
    Interesting....how did you get my name on that quote?

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-03-01 at 02:02 PM.

I'd love to have guild housing as an instanced battleground, with inter-guild voluntary pvp. It would be cool to build up your guild fortress, staff it up, and set up ramparts that other guilds or randoms (or your own guildies) could attack if the GM flagged your hall as attackable. It would be tricky to balance and hopefully everyone wouldn't end up with the exact same "perfect" layout.

I always liked the physical in-game reminders of achievements - the sky after killing Algalon, the dragon's heads in Orgrimmar, the dragons in the sky when someone completes the Firelands staff. I'd love to have a guild hall that shows all our old trophies, and people can click on them to see the date we achieved them. A hall of legendary weapons. A painting (armory picture) of our guildmaster. That sort of stuff.

Not saying it'll be it, but the timing and the storyline is right for choice of faction regardless of race. Panda's can do it at level 10, so I guess the technology's there. Might be some guy or something you can talk to to change your faction, similar to how you used to be able to change your talents. While unlikely, it would solve the grievance that X faction's racial traits are superior to Y faction's racials (but would, I'm sure, create other grievances). Could also open up the opposing faction's questlines.