10+ Year Old Account

Guild Bounties - Strategy Guide and discussion

Our guild used the following strategy to oneshot all 3 tiers. We had only moments to spare on Tier 3, barely beat the timer. We had over 100 guildies participating in the Mission, used Mumble to coordinate.

1) Locate the Bounty bosses before kicking off the event.
    Send small groups (scouts) to each zone to locate the bosses. In our attempt this can took as few as 15 minutes or as long as an hour. One boss in particular - Prisoner 1411 - has a random path all over Iron Marches and can "escape", resetting to anywhere in the zone. Sotzz the Scallywag is another one with no known path, he has over 300 spawn points in Gendarren Fields. We found the most effective way to locate the majority of bosses was to have the zone group split - 1/2 going clockwise and the other half counterclockwise throughout the zone or known path. The bosses do not appear on your map, they have a sheriff star icon that you see ingame when you get in very close range.

2) Stall the boss at a waypoint if possible.
    Some of the bosses will stop to talk to you if you interact with them. If you can stall them at a waypoint you can get to it quicker when you start the event.

3) Guild Leader kicks off the event.
    When the event is triggered the Guild Missions tab shows which bosses are your targets. Have teams identified for number of bosses and coordinate. 15 minute timer starts.

4) Split the team into groups to defeat the bosses.
    Tier 1 - 2 teams
    Tier 2 - 3 teams
    Tier 3 - 3 teams (2 bosses for each team)
    Teams waypoint to their respective target locations.

5) Start the encounters.
    Once the teams are at the target boss locations, any guild member can start the boss encounter. If any guild member is not present they will not receive rewards, coordinate so that all participants are ready. As each boss is defeated, the teams WP to the next boss, coordinating efforts to groups that need the most help.

6) Boss strategies (work in process)
    Take particular note of boss abilities and aura fields. Some bosses have a confusion type ability, some have a field which they need to be knocked out of before they take damage.

Ander “Wildman” Westward - is trapped inside a Veteran Karka. Kill the Karka to release the boss
    Bookworm Bwikki
    Brekkabek
    Crusader Michiele
    Deputy Brooke
    Devious Teesa - Pulls in, use condition removers to remove cripples
    Diplomat Tarban - Use condition removers and turn off auto-attack to avoid confusion damage
    Half Baked Kamali - scales ridiculously, the fewer fighting him the better
    Poobadoo
    Prisoner 1141 - Use speed buffs for your team and cripples to slow the boss when he runs
    Shaman Arderus
    Short-Fuse Felix
    Sotzz the Scallywag
    Tricksy Trekksa
    Trillia Midwell

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to do some theorycrafting in my head to see if my guild can complete tier 3. Our guild only fields about 40 online during peak hours. We did Tier 2 using the same basic plan of attack but with only one group. For harder to find bosses like Prisoner, we run his\her (I have no idea with Charr) path backwards. It spends most of its part around the star area on Dulfy's map.

Honest question, did one of your teams get hung up on tier 3? In theory it seems like 3 groups with 2 bosses a piece from my experience with bounties. Does it seem like the NPC scale as the tiers go up? We blew up tier 1, tier 2 fights took slightly longer but we're not sure if its because they were different NPCs or because their HP pools increase in respect to the tier.

Helpful tip to guild leaders: Make a checklist of the bounties before hand and cross them off as your guild finds them. It can become hectic trying to keep track of which NPCs you have eyes on and which ones you're still searching for.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had Prisoner 1411 2x now and I can assure you that her path is completely random. It looks to me like there are 'checkpoints' where she makes a decision on the next leg of the path. And yes, this was the boss that gave us trouble on T3 since it can "escape" and randomly reset.

Half Baked Kamali scales ridiculously, haven't done enough of the bosses to determine if there are others that are just as difficult. There's a guild that has reported doing t3 with ~5 minutes to spare, I think it depends on which bosses you get.

We are doing it again tonight so I will add notes for different bosses. I think you should be fine with 40 players, as long as you have the coverage to locate the bosses before triggering the event and the coordination to team up once the event starts you're good.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm trying to do some theorycrafting in my head to see if my guild can complete tier 3. Our guild only fields about 40 online during peak hours. We did Tier 2 using the same basic plan of attack but with only one group. For harder to find bosses like Prisoner, we run his\her (I have no idea with Charr) path backwards. It spends most of its part around the star area on Dulfy's map.
    Honest question, did one of your teams get hung up on tier 3? In theory it seems like 3 groups with 2 bosses a piece from my experience with bounties. Does it seem like the NPC scale as the tiers go up? We blew up tier 1, tier 2 fights took slightly longer but we're not sure if its because they were different NPCs or because their HP pools increase in respect to the tier.

Helpful tip to guild leaders: Make a checklist of the bounties before hand and cross them off as your guild finds them. It can become hectic trying to keep track of which NPCs you have eyes on and which ones you're still searching for.
    The guild I'm part of did all tiers with about 40 people, we used TS and split everyone up in different groups.
    group a, b and c(when needed) on t3 every group was responsible for 2bosses, if those bosses were down that group would go help another group (if a group was 2/2 another 1/2 and the last 0/2 the finished group would go to the second zone of the last group).

We finished T3 with 50ish seconds to spare.
    Diplomat Tarban was a noob killer since he applies 8stacks of confusion /sec if you stand in his feedback.

Deleted
    Diplomat Tarban was a noob killer since he applies 8stacks of confusion /sec if you stand in his feedback.
    Funny to see masses of people dying.