Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd prefer a chunk of Outland, I want to know where Krol went, no reason not to use him if Lantressor mentioned him.
    Twas brillig

Gnolls
    Naga
    Ogres
    Ethereal

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Gnolls
    Naga
    Ogres
    Ethereal
    Gnolls? Hmn, interesting choice, any particular reason why?
    Twas brillig

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of them but I don't see them employing any real organization on the level of other playable races. Could look nice in armor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Gnolls? Hmn, interesting choice, any particular reason why?
    They are humanoid ( can wear all our armour )
    They have been around since vanilla
    They already have a faction leader ( Hoggar )

By now you'd think they would be fed up with been farmed constantly by everyone and banded together... additionally in the warcraft III manual it says "It has often been stated that the gnolls would be quite a fearsome race, if they ever stopped tearing each other to pieces long enough to organize themselves into an army" I think Hoggar is just the one to do that

Hozen basically joined the horde didn't they? A single tribe at least, BUT isnt that how trolls got started? Darkspear anybody? I would play Hozen for sure. Hozen warrior or druid all the way.

By now you'd think they would be fed up with been farmed constantly by everyone and banded together... additionally in the warcraft III manual it says "It has often been stated that the gnolls would be quite a fearsome race, if they ever stopped tearing each other to pieces long enough to organize themselves into an army" I think Hoggar is just the one to do that
    plus, that would lead to one more female faction leader
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Going to be boring and go - Highelves, Wanted to play them ever since WC3

Hogger's dead. Also, the gnolls have no territory of their own, have not been shown to construct buildings, and have no impressive displays of magic, they're very unlikely, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Qraziness View Post
    Hozen basically joined the horde didn't they? A single tribe at least, BUT isnt that how trolls got started? Darkspear anybody? I would play Hozen for sure. Hozen warrior or druid all the way.
    Eh, if they lay off the poop jokes sure.
    Twas brillig

I always felt Naga for Horde, and this is going to sound strange - Centaur for Alliance. Centaur have shown a great hatred of the Horde, so it would be a good fit, especially with the promise of some Horde Land.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

arrakoa, jinyu and tuskaar for the alliance
    ogre, naga and mantid for the horde.

Drakonid, for the Horde.

Come on, playing as a dragon-guy would be fun. And, hey, with the dragonflights effectively disbanding and the Accord dissolved, those Wyrmrest Protectors are going to need a place to live...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
    I always felt Naga for Horde, and this is going to sound strange - Centaur for Alliance. Centaur have shown a great hatred of the Horde, so it would be a good fit, especially with the promise of some Horde Land.
    Imagine once the centaur get their Stormwind rep up for the human mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance
    Jinyu
    Vrykul
    Harpies

Horde
    Ogre
    Naga
    Hozen
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

The one that would purge all others, effectively making wow a single race universe.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exou View Post
    First, let's establish I really don't want this to spiral into a "GAH WORGEN SUCK" or "I HATE BLOOD ELVES REMOVE THEM" thread. What I'd like to know is, what races have you bumped in to (via reading or in game) and gone "Hey, I'd play that if it were available." Also, why?

A race I'd love to be added would be the Vrykul. I love their animations and lore. I couldn't give you a logical reasoning why they'd become playable, so I very much doubt we ever see it happen.

One I would be interested in seeing (maybe not playing, myself) would be the high elves. They've always been mentioned, but lack an actual unique model... either it's a Night Elf with certain color eyes (I can't remember if it's gold or white) or Blood Elves with blue eyes and a Night Elf voice. I could see them getting integrated into the game as another "pick your faction" race though, not something I was a huge fan of.
    Mantid. I don't care if Klaxxi or something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    OGRES!

heh, i used to spend hours every week farming gordok suits

and for those wishing to get ogres as horde only, why not let them choose like pandaren do?
    Last edited by Bad Ashe; 2013-03-06 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Imagine once the centaur get their Stormwind rep up for the human mounts.
    I laughed so hard I went into a coughing fit.

"Sorry guys- it's hotkeyed onto my mouse..."

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Drakonid, for the Horde.

Come on, playing as a dragon-guy would be fun. And, hey, with the dragonflights effectively disbanding and the Accord dissolved, those Wyrmrest Protectors are going to need a place to live...
    Which would likely be Alliance rather than Horde, the Horde has a history of killing and generally provoking dragons.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    OGRES!

heh, i used to spend hours every week farming gordok suits

and for those wishing to get ogres as horde only, why not let them choose like pandaren do?
    Because Ogres don't really fit into the Alliance well and I'm not convinced Blizz can pull off a neutral race well yet, we haven't seen the Tushui or Houjin since the Wandering Isle after all.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    arrakoa, jinyu and tuskaar for the alliance
    ogre, naga and mantid for the horde.
    Why Tuskarr on the Alliance?

Sadly they won't happen either way, just not visually appealing enough to be 'marketable' for Blizz.

Plus lore says they die outside NR's cold climate.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Which would likely be Alliance rather than Horde, the Horde has a history of killing and generally provoking dragons.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:09 PM ----------

Because Ogres don't really fit into the Alliance well and I'm not convinced Blizz can pull off a neutral race well yet, we haven't seen the Tushui or Houjin since the Wandering Isle after all.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:11 PM ----------

Why Tuskarr on the Alliance?

Sadly they won't happen either way, just not visually appealing enough to be 'marketable' for Blizz.

Plus lore says they die outside NR's cold climate.
    Tuskarr's lore been change there is one Tuskarr in MoP. Also the Tuskarr would find themselves more willing to work with the Horde than the Alliance.