Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    To be fair, swapping pets as Affli means using up a resource that only comes about once a minute, Demo's instant summon puts all demons on a 2 min CD (and you wouldn't want anything but Felguard in most cases) and Destro can only ressurect their previous pet, not any new ones. In general, locks have to sacrifice their resource to ressurect their demons, and demons have less varied utility than Hunter pets.

To be honest, I don't see the PvE concern. If your raid group doesn't have the buffs required and forcing you to change buffs, frankly that's crazy raid composition.
    The main issue isn't the buff changing.

I believe it to be saving the extra few seconds in Challenge mods to use an Invisi pot. And in raids to dismiss pet+Feign Death, so you can mass ress and save time from the corpse runs. That extra 1 second has cost me a lot of gold many times :P.

If all pet abilities just shared cooldowns, it'd be a lot easier and dismiss pet could keep the 2 second dismiss timer.

Blizzard definitely does NOT want hunters to swap pets mid combat in order to stack CC or buffs or what ever else.
    I honestly do not care about the entire "pet swapping" thing so i don't care is dismiss pet on a 2 second or a 6 second cast time.

If you are so hell bent on using some tactic that requires you swapping pets every 2 seconds multiple times in a row - you are gonna have a bad time xD

edit: this entire fiasco reminds me of the old time when warlocks did the same "pet swap" tactic, just their pets would use spells while a new one was being summoned - and thus the old spell (seduction for example) was not interrupted even if the pet was no longer spawned. Hence blizzard implemented the "summoning stun" effect that prevents any such exploit.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-04-14 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizzard definitely does NOT want hunters to swap pets mid combat in order to stack CC or buffs or what ever else.
    If you are so hell bent on using some tactic that requires you swapping pets every 2 seconds multiple times in a row - you are gonna have a bad time xD....

Haven't done much in the way of extreme soloing or challenge modes have you?

The ability to swap pets after 2 seconds extends beyond buffing, particularly when you consider the spirit mend of spirit beasts.

Just because you don't do any extreme soloing, that's not the case for all hunters who have been hit by this nerf.
    If Blizzard did not want hunters to swap pets mid-combat, why allow dismiss pet in combat at all?

This was in reaction to a PVP-only issue, and because they were too lazy to implement a PVP-only solution, PVE has had to suffer.
    Having dismiss pet as 3 seconds, or even more, in BG or arena - but leave it as 2 seconds in PVE, would be the best solution.

Maple.