Unknown case cable.

I recently bought a new pc and have put it all together besides these two cables/cords which I am clueless about, I've tried finding information about them but turned up with nothing so I thought I would give it a try here.

I'm at a complete loss with these and they have no marking on them at all, all I know about them is it belongs to my case (Aerocool
    Xpredator).

I took the photo quickly before work and will try take a better one later this afternoon.

Thank you in advance for your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a male/female molex power connector. My side fan on my pc runs off them.

My guess is that they are for the fan controller in the front.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    My guess is that they are for the fan controller in the front.
    Hyup!

If Google ever fails, you've always got your case manual. You've still got it, right?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    my nzxt lcd fan controller use same molex connectors. so confirming, it could be for your fans.

It might be the power connection for the front fan. In this case, if you follow the leads of the molex power connector, you should find a 3-pin/4-pin connection.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're less worried about what they belong to (most likely your cas fans as mentioned), and more worried about what to connect them to. The answer is that they're power cables, and should connect to cables from your PSU. If your PSU don't have any cable that fits, check if it came with any adapters, as new PSU might come with only SATA-power cables and no MOLEX-power cables, but they'll most likely have adapters in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulduru
    He is the hero that Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And so we'll mock his alpha prediction. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent poster, a watchful dataminer....The MMO Champion.

Hitz From Dah Boing

10+ Year Old Account
    They're molex connectors for either fans or lights. What do the actual cables go to?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by skoging View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're less worried about what they belong to (most likely your cas fans as mentioned), and more worried about what to connect them to. The answer is that they're power cables, and should connect to cables from your PSU. If your PSU don't have any cable that fits, check if it came with any adapters, as new PSU might come with only SATA-power cables and no MOLEX-power cables, but they'll most likely have adapters in that case.
    Correct, I assumed it was to be connected to the PSU as I noticed in my PSU "Bag o' goodies" a single cord that could connect upto 4 what I now know are Molex connectors, but wanted to know for sure before connecting the two.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Hyup!

If Google ever fails, you've always got your case manual. You've still got it, right?
    Ofcourse but strangely enough they had no mention in the manual which is what caused my confusion and it being my first PC built doesn't make it any easier.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2013-03-05 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    Correct, I assumed it was to be connected to the PSU as I noticed in my PSU "Bag o' goodies" a single cord that could connect upto 4 what I now know are Molex connectors, but wanted to know for sure before connecting the two.

Ofcourse but strangely enough they had no mention in the manual which is what caused my confusion and it being my first PC built doesn't make it any easier.
    Fair enough Do the wires just disappear behind panels, or can you trace them to where they go and extrapolate what they're for?

These are Molex connectors.

They're well-known for their human hate..
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

I traced them to be the back side of.

I'd post a picture of where they come from but currently at work, the above picture should suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it might be those fan speed knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Unlike the motherboard manual, the case manual usually only talks about installation. My Coolermaster HAF 922 manual was basically one large page with Ikea-esque instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hoppins View Post
    I traced them to be the back side of.

I'd post a picture of where they come from but currently at work, the above picture should suffice.
    Yep, fan power. There will be other connectors from that same panel that you will want to plug your fans into.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Unlike the motherboard manual, the case manual usually only talks about installation. My Coolermaster HAF 922 manual was basically one large page with Ikea-esque instructions.
    Most cases I buy have basic assembly/mounting info, and I've yet to come across a case with a built in fan controller, ports or other similar features that didn't have instructions on connecting them.

I assume this is what I plug it into to hook it upto the power supply.

And a better photo of where I traced it to.

Yeppo that's where you plug it. Btw, nice case.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Yeppo that's where you plug it. Btw, nice case.
    Thank you and thank you to everyone else for posting

With that my PC is now complete