Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    That's beyond cold unless there was a DNR in place.

Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    That's beyond cold unless there was a DNR in place.
    Really? Your a Mom with three children, working to support yourself and your family. You take a job that says not to do something, so you weigh the risks and rewards of your action.

Hardly cold.

Especially in this economy with our "Nobel Peace Prize" winning, war starting, do nothing President.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Not her the company with those rules in place. since those rules caused a criminal negligence to occur, The acts of in this case the standing orders of do nothing caused the person to die. And that is criminal negligence.

And on top of that a person that thinks those standing orders goes above the medical oath you have sworn to upheld you need to lose your license for practicing medicine even in the form of a nurse.

Plain and simple IDIOT actions like this needs to COST for those that do them and stand up for them and only way to do that is by suing the living hell out of them
    You know nothing of the medical field. Please stop talking.

I'm not sure when we entered an era where rules always trump logic, but we sure did.

That said, an 87-year old women dying is not a tragedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not sure when we entered an era where rules always trump logic, but we sure did.

That said, an 87-year old women dying is not a tragedy.
    Well, logic says that CPR isn't going to do much for an 87 year old woman with pulmonary failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Well, logic says that CPR isn't going to do much for an 87 year old woman with pulmonary failure.
    The transcript shown in the video from the links pretty clearly indicates that the nurse wasn't willing to help at all, whether it was something that would have saved her or not. My statement was intended to be general, it doesn't really matter if CPR would have saved this person or not. The nurse clearly had settled on a stance that the rules prohibited her from helping, so she was not going to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The transcript shown in the video from the links pretty clearly indicates that the nurse wasn't willing to help at all, whether it was something that would have saved her or not. My statement was intended to be general, it doesn't really matter if CPR would have saved this person or not. The nurse clearly had settled on a stance that the rules prohibited her from helping, so she was not going to help.
    Going by the situations involved, I am completely confident that a DNR or equivalent legal paperwork was established that prevented her from taking action. Thus why the other nurses in the background did not actively intervene. The nurse did the right thing.

For me, the really sad part of the story is knowing that the rule that forbids employees from performing CPR is only there to protect the company from getting sued.

Quote Originally Posted by transorD View Post
    For me, the really sad part of the story is knowing that the rule that forbids employees from performing CPR is only there to protect the company from getting sued.
    For me, the really sad part is that this non event has turned everybody into a presumptuous dipshit who believes they could just fart cpr at random, unresponsive, bodies on command.

http://www.thespec.com/news/world/ar...to-dying-woman

Yeah, there was no DNR found on file, but according to the family their loved one was fully aware of the limitations of the care facility when she moved in there. Either way, what should have been a transitional and non-traumatic moment in any families life, the timely passing of a loved one, has been bloated into some partisan bullshit by a bunch of side-liners and it has turned into some international shit show.

All I see is a bunch of tools looking for an excuse to get all righteous to try and bring meaning to their pointless and miserable lives; even if it's at the expense of the comfort of some family they don't know.