Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I legit had players leave the raid to build a bench and vacuum their room.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favorite is, "Mon canard est en feu!" Although, "g2g, my goldfish is on fire" is a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I am sure there are some really good ones.

My question comes to mind because of a recent interaction with one of he tanks in our guild who no call, no showed on a thursday while we were working hard to progress in time to gain the feat of strength for the guild prior to 5.2 release.

The player in question was frantically texted by a number of his co raiders to be told "I am going to visit my mamma for the weekend". Whether this was really why he dissapeared or not we all assumed that meant "going to see his girlfreind".

This weekend we were forced to pug in two different tanks on two new progression bosses for us because he dissapeared again stating this time he was out for the weekend to get laid. Needless to say at this point one of the pug tanks may be changing guild tags and the player in question will no longer need to make excuses for missed raids.

Once during our progressin back in Naxx days one of our healers mid raid stated that her parents told her she needed to go to church with them RIGHT NOW. The joke forever after was "surprise church".

I am just interested in hearing some of the reasons why YOUR players have chosen to explain why they have become less than dependable at raid time.
    Look at it this way. Patch 5.2 is most likely tomorrow. Use that toward your advantage. Bring pug tank in for new ToT. People love to show back up when new shit hits. He'll log on thinking to himself, "My spots safe, I'm the tank hehe". And when he isn't getting his invite and is whispering officers "INV PLZ!!!!!!!!". You can be like "We got it covered" /sunglasses

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I legit had players leave the raid to build a bench and vacuum their room.
    I question how legit building a bench RIGHT NOW is.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said his internet was down, He forgot I had him on Real ID and he was on a different server doing PvP.

I was a mighty /Facepalm moment
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-04 at 08:14 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    A fucking Men.

If I'm out for the day at college, and someone asks me to do something with them, do you really think I'm going to say "Sorry, I'm raiding with my nerds tonight. Really want to get a piece of virtual gear for my pretty blood elf."

I would text the leader and say "sorry, can't make tonight, got plans now, good luck, have fun".

If they didn't like it, they could damn well lump it.

Real Life > Gaming
    The funny thing about it is, when people are looking for guilds and their asked "Can you make this time, this time, and this time" They're always like "Yes. Absolutely". And then the inevitable. It's a game. But many things require other people to do it with you. Why don't ppl tell the guild ahead of time "I won't make it alot of the time because if someone asks me to do something IRL I will always choose the IRL thing. Just wanted to let you know."? Because they wouldn't get to do the things they want to do. And they still want the gear, and they still want to play. They just want to do it on their time.

Deleted
    Brought a PuG in for MSV, Elegon if I recall.

After multiple wipes on a progression fight (One that he was fully aware was a progression fight, I told him before hand that it may take all raid to down the boss) he literally said in vent, very nonchalantly "Err, just got a message from my friend, my girlfriend is in hospital because she was in a car crash like 10 minutes ago, sorry i got to go, goodluck!" and left.

Now, being a raid leader since Wrath I've had about 7 or 8 people had to leave one of my raids due to something very serious (often tragic), people I often knew outside of WoW or at least knew to a point where I could confirm this. Their reactions were much different, often just whispering me saying that they had to leave because of an emergency and that they'd speak to me later. Not one of those people was happy to just exclaim over comms that a relative is on the brink of death somewhere. This lead me to believe that the PuG was just fed up that the progression raid he joined wasn't killing bosses fast enough, despite being warned before hand it might take some time.

There was also the time where I decided to hold 3 raid days on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. On all of those days our Mage DC'd at about 9 O'Clock. On the Saturday he came online and I asked him what was going on, he said that his mother came home drunk and disconnected the telephone cable. I didn't believe it, simply saying "So she was drunk 3 nights in a row, classy", thinking it was all bullshit.

He got offended because apparently his mother had a serious drinking problem. That put a downer on the situation.

I've had to hop up not once, not twice, but three times from a raid due to tornadoes in my area. Became a running joke in my guild.

One of my guildies is a building manager for a college dorm. He has to take AFKs every now and then to help people, but one night he left really fast and was gone for hours. When he came back, he told us that some guy was dumping hand sanitizer in a line down the hall in preparation to make a WALL OF FIRE. Luckily, someone informed him before ignition, but he had to clean up all the hand sanitizer while the pyro took a ride downtown.

Jump to a week later: he posts pictures of a pretty serious fire in his building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    To busy running dailies for gear to spend my valor on. I lawled and agreed with him. We both unsubbed shortly their after.
    Fixed it for you, Don't start this dumb arguement again, Thank You.

*Plays a sad violin music from youtube
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-04 at 08:14 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    one time one of our guys didnt come back after break

next day he said he got beat up for buying some guys girlfriend a yogurt or something

i'm still not entirely sure if he was just making shit up, but i'd like to believe that he wasn't. not your everyday story.

"I don't feel like raiding." I'd say that's the best excuse. This isn't a job, people should stop treating it like one. If someone wants to do battlegrounds or arena instead of raid, or doesn't want to be on the game at all for whatever reason, that's their choice. They aren't obligated to play, much less play by your schedule. If a girlfriend or good friend wants to hang out in real life, I'm not going to tell them I can't because I have to raid. Sadly I've got a friend who's like that, and it's pathetic. It's little wander raiding participation is low, with people turning it into a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I question how legit building a bench RIGHT NOW is.
    The sad part is it's true. He did stuff like this all the time. He also part of reason the guild fell apart.

"brb septic exploded"
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    The debate is pretty much the standard mindset of the "Seers of MMO-Champion" that every life can be saved/preserved, no matter the person, scenario, legal ramifications, or anything that adds context to the argument otherwise. Even if posts like this or this show up, the Seers will barge right though, culminating all their knowledge of movies/tv/games/etc to create a 80 page epic that boils down to, "I thought of this, so they should of too!"

He didn't totally miss the raid, but we had a tank who suddenly said he needed to "shave" and went AFK for about 30 minutes.

Let's see, back in SSC, we had a guy from Turkey who in the middle of the raid said he had to go get a haircut. He was gone for like 2 weeks after saying he'd be back in 30 minutes. Became a running joke.

Another guy we know, always had to take a shower at 10PM every night on the DoT. Also used to joke with him about what he was doing in the shower.

Slightly off-topic, but I am the raid leader for my group. I consider us a casual group and myself easy going. If an emergency comes up or you can't make a raid and you tell me in advance, sure that's fine. But if you don't text me (most of my raiders have my cell) or let me know in advance and just don't show, it pisses me the hell off. Yes, the game is a game, and yes, you can do whatever you want. However, if 9 other people are sitting waiting 30+ minutes for you and you never log in, well then you're just screwing over 9 or 24 other people because you're lazy. If it was an emergency on your way home then I can understand but any sort of other excuse like I overslept or forgot we are raiding, nuh uh. Yeah, it's a game, but think of the 9 or 24 other people who are wasting /their/ time because of you.

Not missing raid, but we had a player go AFK on Grand Widow Faerlina in Naxx. This was back when we were working on the Immortal achievement and he got locked outside the room. Her Poison Bolt still hit him and we're screaming at him over vent and he finally comes back and Icebocks and bandages and manages to keep himself up.

When we finally ask him WTF, he tells us that he had been doing situps. >.<

However, our best ever mid-raid AFK was a fairly new member of the guild saying over vent, "What the heck? The police are at my door. Be right back." He never came back and after he AFK'ed out, he never logged back on. Like four years later (long after he'd been removed from guild), we found out that he'd been picked up on some warrant and had been in jail. ROFL
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2013-03-04 at 09:48 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    I was kicked from several guildraids because the raidleader was homosexual and i kept blasting this song trough vent.

So.. To be honest, i missed the raid because the raidleader was well.. gay.. true story.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Just remembered. Last night the raidleader disbanded it after the first boss because he forgot The Walking Dead was on.

Was mad.
    this is a completely legit reason for disbanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I was kicked from several guildraids because the raidleader was homosexual and i kept blasting this song trough vent.

So.. To be honest, i missed the raid because the raidleader was well.. gay.. true story.
    *fry face* Not sure if mentally disabled homophobe or trying to be funny.

Deleted
    We had a warrior back in AQ40 that kept going afk on twins, eventually he said he kept being interrupted by his mom tickling him and stealing his keyboard.