Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post Enha shamans - does a blizzard even care?

I am very dissapointed as all classes getting boosted, even ele shammy which got on WOLs higher dmg then enha getting boosted and enha? He is getting nerfed - as he receive a 10% nerf on lightning bolt from unleash elements. The haste increase from 5% to 10% is not a big deal as every enha is using echo of elements. Enha sux since WOTLK in pvp and in pve aswell - have u checked top guilds how many enha shammies are there in first kill raids? Did you checked how many enha shammies are in top 100 pvp groups 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 / rbgs (not even mentioning this wooooot new stun which need to be relocated in time and on right place to stun the target WOW)? Do something finally as enha shaman has to play on piano to get even a very average dps. Most boss fights are ranged based, challenges aswell. I enjoy playing enha a lot but with this dps thinking about changing spec / class but I love the style. Every class got many new boosts in 5,2 as patch note says and enha? 1 line in patch notes for shamanism (not a dps pve boost) and second is dmg of lightning bolt decreased from an unleash elements by 10%? Check please the WOL - 100% rank cap for all boss fights, as you can see enhas are the lowest nearly in every fight. We enhancements dont have any great survival ability, sometimes called paper shammies. It looks like you dont even take care about us only about resto and ele. Enha is one of the less played chars guess why? Lets make something about this case, thanks.

A bit of Q_Q topic but I am really tired and upset of enha as I do ranks nearly in all bossfights but still got less dps then others in raid who doesnt make any rank at all.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    We are definitely weak in pvp when tunneled, but in pve we are definitely fine. I'm happy that our spirint will be on very low cd, some help to our mobility, but our problem still lies within being silenced / stuned, we die on opening, most of the time.

I would say, just wait and see how it goes. Also, if you decent enough with your class, you can get into high rbg / arena aswell, it is definitely harder, but possible.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    In pve we aint fine if you check the wols. We will see in 5,2 but it looks like blizzard doesnt think about us as long as they do about other classes (maybe bcs ppl dont play enha spec much ... ofc they dont if we are not competitive to others, so its like a never ending story - ppl dont play enha bcs its weak and blizz dont care about enha bcs not many ppl playing this spec). And I am still waiting since cataclysm if next patch will be a boost, needlessly.

15+ Year Old Account
    GC actually said, geared enhance could be over the top in pve, so calm down and count till ten.
    Time is on our side

Checking WoL doesn't say much because a lot of the top parses on a lot of the fights are what I would call cheesed. I do competitive DPS, often times # 1, in my guild on a lot of fights. Enhancement is really in a great place. Not only do we have good DPS but our utility is very good for progression raiding.

People don't play enhancement because it is a bit weird and admittedly clunky. It just isn't a spec that a lot of people have interested in the style. This tier was absolutely amazing for enhancement, and next tier looks to be good as well.

Deleted
    I would love to see your progress with your guild and your #1 in your guild on lots of fights. As you can check DPS ranking enha was on this tier at 22nd place and just 5 other classes were above. So I think you should change a guild for a better one as you are #1^^ (not even talking about running around evading all possible abilities which decreases your dps aswell.

Haha, that's kind of mean don't you think? Changing guilds just because you are playing well, pretty unthinkable to me.

Anyway I am looking at all parses on raidbots for the past 3 months and enhancement ranks 7th, which indicates we are in great shape I think.

The buff to elemental mastery in 5.2 ensures that we have even more synergy with our cooldowns, with our two damage CDs having the benefit of a major haste buff every other one.

Also I've found that my damage holds up quite well even in the midst of mechanics, it is all about timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement is one of the top melee specs in the game, in PVE, and has been comfortably above-average in MoP overall. They're the #8 spec in 25 (H) currently, considering all parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    I would love to see your progress with your guild and your #1 in your guild on lots of fights. As you can check DPS ranking enha was on this tier at 22nd place and just 5 other classes were above. So I think you should change a guild for a better one as you are #1^^ (not even talking about running around evading all possible abilities which decreases your dps aswell.
    No, Enhancement is not 22nd. I have no idea where you're getting that number, since even if we look at just the top 100 parses (which is a bad model for class balance discussion), Enhancement only dips to #12 and is still above average.

Wherever you're getting that data, it isn't accurate.

Enhancement didn't get a lot of tweaks for 5.2 because they're already doing well enough that they don't need any buffs, and not so well that they're OP and need a nerf. They're pretty much fine as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    GC actually said, geared enhance could be over the top in pve, so calm down and count till ten.
    I'll believe it when I see it, but I assume he shares a similar position to most who believed that enhance was a top spec based on a certain sim and all parses setting, when they were clearly middle of the pack when you involved real settings and non-terribad players.

Deleted
    I think middle of the pack is the best place to be. No nerfs inc. (upper middle pack would be ideal ^^) UF nerf is a nerf, but since LB is not the main component, it's really a minor nerf. On the other hand EM, AS, PE (and EB) got buffed.
    Edit: I'm more worried about the state of Ele even after those buffs... and I don't even play one. 2 x even in a same sentence. I'm skilled.
    Last edited by mmocf2a505393c; 2013-03-05 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it, but I assume he shares a similar position to most who believed that enhance was a top spec based on a certain sim and all parses setting, when they were clearly middle of the pack when you involved real settings and non-terribad players.
    Middle of the pack is the ideal goal, so I'm not sure what your argument is.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    now if only there wasn't a few classes that were always far ahead of the middle of the pack, being middle of the pack wouldn't be a bad thing.

and on the pvp side, just quit playing enhance if you want to PvP. Enhance got a complete repeat of cataclysm, purge was too strong so they gutted it then proceeded to ignore enhance while acknowledging it's too weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am very dissapointed as all classes getting boosted, even ele shammy which got on WOLs higher dmg then enha getting boosted and enha? He is getting nerfed - as he receive a 10% nerf on lightning bolt from unleash elements. The haste increase from 5% to 10% is not a big deal as every enha is using echo of elements. Enha sux since WOTLK in pvp and in pve aswell - have u checked top guilds how many enha shammies are there in first kill raids? Did you checked how many enha shammies are in top 100 pvp groups 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 / rbgs (not even mentioning this wooooot new stun which need to be relocated in time and on right place to stun the target WOW)? Do something finally as enha shaman has to play on piano to get even a very average dps. Most boss fights are ranged based, challenges aswell. I enjoy playing enha a lot but with this dps thinking about changing spec / class but I love the style. Every class got many new boosts in 5,2 as patch note says and enha? 1 line in patch notes for shamanism (not a dps pve boost) and second is dmg of lightning bolt decreased from an unleash elements by 10%? Check please the WOL - 100% rank cap for all boss fights, as you can see enhas are the lowest nearly in every fight. We enhancements dont have any great survival ability, sometimes called paper shammies. It looks like you dont even take care about us only about resto and ele. Enha is one of the less played chars guess why? Lets make something about this case, thanks.

A bit of Q_Q topic but I am really tired and upset of enha as I do ranks nearly in all bossfights but still got less dps then others in raid who doesnt make any rank at all.
    A blizzard is a force of nature unable to show emotions of hate or caring. OT yes blizzard completely neglects enhancement shamans and this is coming from an arms warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    now if only there wasn't a few classes that were always far ahead of the middle of the pack, being middle of the pack wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Are we discussing "class balance", or are we discussing "fuck those other guys, I just want to be OP because I don't care about the state of the game"?

Because wanting to be ahead of the pack only matters to the latter. If you're actually concerned about class balance and the health of the game overall, middle of the pack is the target.

I think if you play any decent class(pve,pvp) you start to see just how bad the mechanics, dps, survivability etc. really are.

I agree with the OP it is a severely neglected class/spec... All you have to do is play another class to see how bad it is.

My suggestion is to play the class/specs that blizzard has always favored. God knows GC has no love for enhancement shaman. I personally think its because pre cat. (Including latter half of lich... When the nerfing began) the guys ass was severely and continuously kicked by an enhancement shaman(only conjecture on my part).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There isn't an argument there. I'm fine with middle of the pack. I'm not fine with people who have barely played the spec (and often never) talking as if they have a clue based on a sim that historically hasn't been representative for that spec.

I'm not sure how many times I've mentioned that I feel enhance got vast QoL improvements in 5.0 that have helped it keep up on fights it would fall behind in cata, I am "content" with the place enhance was in for 5.0/1, although I wouldn't complain for a small buff.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2013-03-05 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cishir View Post
    Checking WoL doesn't say much because a lot of the top parses on a lot of the fights are what I would call cheesed. I do competitive DPS, often times # 1, in my guild on a lot of fights. Enhancement is really in a great place. Not only do we have good DPS but our utility is very good for progression raiding.

People don't play enhancement because it is a bit weird and admittedly clunky. It just isn't a spec that a lot of people have interested in the style. This tier was absolutely amazing for enhancement, and next tier looks to be good as well.
    I agree with this very much. I feel like I'm in a much better position than I was during Cata(that's when my Shaman became my main, and I don't reget it for a minute).

In DPS rankings that I've seen, not that they mean much depending on playstlye, etc... Enhancement Shamans were doing fine. I don't remember the link, mainly because I try to not put too much stock into that stuff. Everything is pretty situational, and I'm usually in 1-3 of any LFR or guild group raid. I feel I could squeeze out slightly better numbers with better MS stack management and a better Flame Shock timer, but other than that I'm just fine I think.

I think what has happened is that maybe Elemental is like 100 DPS or something ahead of Enhancement in some sim somewhere. I don't know the exact charts or anything- but I have noticed people jumping to Elemental over Enhancement... but I feel that like the quoted post mentioned, it may be the rotation preference. Personally, I like smacking things and the utility of it. I don't really prefer casters unless I'm healing. But people's preferences vary.

After 8 years I tend to just ignore these posts but once in a while one bugs me.

Enhance is in a solid place as far as PvE. In PvP, meh maybe not so much, but you have to go back to Vanilla before you find we were a real force to be reckoned with there.

Like I said... 8 years. I've mained enhance the whole time. I've been through the ups and downs. If you think it's bad now you really don't remember, or weren't there, during some of the harder times (not that there were many). I have multiple toons sitting at 90. I have the perspective of "playing other classes to see how bad it really is."

It's not bad. I still keep coming back to the shaman.

Other classes are -easier- to play, sure. Doesn't mean they're better, or more fun because of it. I still hold that shaman are still one of the more fun classes to play, despite some of the frustrations. I still PvP with mine, quite often (yeah I don't arena very much, but I've never had a taste for it).

I suggest you take a deep breath, relax, and stop buggin yourself with meters and data parses and blah blah... there's a novel idea going around, and quite simply, play what's fun. If it's not fun, stop bitching and play another fucking class.

The game isn't so hard anymore that getting that extra 5% of raid dmg is gonna matter much. (I could also go on to point out that everyone that bitches about dps parses and not being competitive, generally isn't even part of a progression guild, or generally does stupid shit like use WF offhand... just throwing that out there.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonLord View Post
    After 8 years I tend to just ignore these posts but once in a while one bugs me.

Enhance is in a solid place as far as PvE. In PvP, meh maybe not so much, but you have to go back to Vanilla before you find we were a real force to be reckoned with there.

Like I said... 8 years. I've mained enhance the whole time. I've been through the ups and downs. If you think it's bad now you really don't remember, or weren't there, during some of the harder times (not that there were many). I have multiple toons sitting at 90. I have the perspective of "playing other classes to see how bad it really is."

Other classes are -easier- to play, sure. Doesn't mean they're better, or more fun because of it. I still hold that shaman are still one of the more fun classes to play, despite some of the frustrations. I still PvP with mine, quite often (yeah I don't arena very much, but I've never had a taste for it).

I suggest you take a deep breath, relax, and stop buggin yourself with meters and data parses and blah blah... there's a novel idea going around, and quite simply, play what's fun. If it's not fun, stop bitching and play another fucking class.

The game isn't so hard anymore that getting that extra 5% of raid dmg is gonna matter much. (I could also go on to point out that everyone that bitches about dps parses and not being competitive, generally isn't even part of a progression guild, or generally does stupid shit like use WF offhand... just throwing that out there.)
    Well for the record, since Vanilia enhance was considered strong in s3/s4 and s6/s7. Didn't played cata, so cannot comment that. Otherwise i agree with your post
    Time is on our side

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonLord View Post

Ahh the days when you could WF both weapons. Now those were the days. You could manage your totems, and keep up with mage dps. What a refined ergonomic rotation it was. Just personified what a shaman should be. Now its the worst rotation in the game( by worst I do mean unnecessarily complicated and as someone pointed out clunky).