Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A couple arms questions for tomorrow.

I have a couple of questions just to make sure i am ready for the patch. If i remember correctly, haste eventually becomes better than crit but right now, should i reforge with crit-haste-mastery priority in mind after getting both hit/exp capped?

Rotation-wise, there is a new 5.2 arms guide on the official warrior forums that made it sound something like this:

If Cs is up : MS-OP-OP-Slam-MS
    If Cs in not up: MS-CS-OP-OP-MS

Thats obviously not including talents like dragon roar but does that look right for the most part?

i would use slam whenever you have enough rage for it if you have 3 or less stacks of tfb.

CS-MS-OP-OP-OP-MS would allow 5 abilities in the CS window seems better then using Slam during CS even though Slam hits harder. Probably best to use Slam outside of CS and save some tfb stacks since Slam is better DPR then HS.

Deleted
    There was some talk before about whether it was better to do two Overpowers per MS cycle, or alternate between 1 and 3. I don't know which was better.

It would be something like...

MS CS OP Slam > MS OP OP OP > MS DR OP Slam > MS OP OP OP > MS SB OP Slam > MS OP OP OP

And if Sudden Death procs, you'd swap it in place of a Slam (but bring it in just after the MS). Exception might be with Dragon Roar, you may want to delay it, so MS DR CS OP > MS OP OP OP.

Dunno if this would work or even be any good, but it's at least interesting I thought.

Edit: That might not even be rage positive, or sustainable... Could take Storm Bolt to replace some Slams you can't afford. I don't know really, just thinking about it while at work.
    Last edited by mmocfdc76d337c; 2013-03-05 at 10:45 AM.

Though this may not be the answer you were hoping for, you can check out SlamandAwe, it's an addon that will assist you with rotational priorities for Arms, Fury and Prot in the hopes of maximizing your GCD usage. I'm not 100% sure it's updated for 5.2 but I've found it to be quite helpful and pretty spot on.

Deleted
    Well, seems like Slams and OPs are really close with OP reducing MS cooldown, and you can throw in more Heroic Strikes. Looks like it doesnt really matter what you stuff into CS in 5.2, just stuff the most you can?

Fitting 3x OPs, and 2x MS/Slam inside CS window yields the highest amount of DPS as per SimC testing.

That said, you should just have to look out for it and manage your rage in order to do the same. CS can now fit 4 1.5s GCDs because of the change in how the debuff is applied, and for Arms since we have OP with a 1s GCD, we can fit 3 of them.

hey. a couple of questions here :
    what to do about the reforging ? is crit > haste? should i have both the same amount ? what about mastery?
    hit should be 7.5% i guess , but what about expertise? should i also softcap it to 7.5%?

thx for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    hey. a couple of questions here :
    what to do about the reforging ? is crit > haste? should i have both the same amount ? what about mastery?
    hit should be 7.5% i guess , but what about expertise? should i also softcap it to 7.5%?

thx for the answers
    Via my character sheet, Crit>haste=mastery, so reforge to crit still, and excess mastery should go to haste for "maximizing" but it won't be too big of a difference till other gear is available (rppm trinkets/legendary meta, 2pc tier all are influenced by haste). Hit/Exp should still be 7.5%, imo, since OP costs rage, just missing attacks to proc it isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Via my character sheet, Crit>haste=mastery, so reforge to crit still, and excess mastery should go to haste for "maximizing" but it won't be too big of a difference till other gear is available (rppm trinkets/legendary meta, 2pc tier all are influenced by haste). Hit/Exp should still be 7.5%, imo, since OP costs rage, just missing attacks to proc it isn't worth it.
    thx for the answers.
    one last : should i gem str?
    i play also fury , and switch between encounters.. so should i gem str? or stick with the crit like with fury ?

Deleted
    I picked:
    HIT(CAP) > EXP(CAP) > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Currently at 7400 haste and 3600 crit rating. Gemmed fully for haste if possible. Other gems are haste/str and haste/hit.
    I tested it. I can do a full MS/CS/Slam rotation and not use Overpower once. The rage gain is sufficient.

But I got a ton of questions.

• What procs CS? Does CS proc from auto attacks only?
    • Haste speeds up auto attacks only right?
    • Why is it more beneficial to delay CS after MS?
    • Why would you use Overpower at all if your rage-gain can support Slam?
    • Does Overpower change the cooldown of MS? I have the feeling it does.
    • Overpower is on 1sec GCD right?
    • Is it actually possible to fit 5 abilities into the 6.5sec CS debuff? (2x 1sec + 2x 1.5sec + 1 ability with cd out of the debuff) Some say yes, some no.

Slam does 220% wpn dmg + x
    MS does 175% wpn dmg + x
    CS does 175% wpn dmg
    Overpower does 105% wpn dmg + 60% crit

On paper ... why isn't slam the best ability at all?

Gathering some data...

Slam costs 20 rage
    Overpower costs 10 rage
    MS generates 10 rage
    MS (crit) generates 20 rage
    CS (crit) generates 10 rage
    I'm normally tanking/doing UI that's why I have no clue on that and want to know.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-03-07 at 03:20 PM.

1: 10% on autoattacks and 10% on mastery oppertunerty strikes
    2: yes, but it also helps with RPPM trinkets and the legendary metagem
    3: MS hits hard(115k), procs enrage and procs OP stacks, cause of the short cd on MS you really don't want to delay it.
    4: Slam(116k) hits harder then OP(97k) but since OP has only a 1 sec gcd it's more dps
    5: yes
    6: yes CS+MS+3xOP=6 seconds so you have 0,5 sec left to get your last Slam or MS inside the CS window.

The DPE numbers for MS,slam,OP come from simcraft with T15hc gear.

Deleted
    Thanks. So the reason to use Slam at all is because you only get 2x OP procs per MS I guess.

Btw Ghostcrawler posted this
    The intent is Mortal Strike -> Overpower with Slam used during Colossus Smash or during moments of excess rage.

We tried the change to Overpower proc'ing Sudden Death with noble intentions of making the rotation more dynamic since CS would be slightly more predictable. However, the change isn't a clear win, so we're not sure it's a good change. We are likely to go back to autoattacks proc Sudden Death, but leaving the 1 GCD on Overpower. We are also intrigued by the idea of having Opportunity Strikes (mastery) also proc Sudden Death, so we might run some numbers on that. The buff to Deep Wounds, mastery and haste should all help with Arms scaling (though we remain convinced that players often focus much too much on scaling and not on overall DPS).

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6?page=73#1456
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-03-07 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    actually according to latest version of simcraft (and my mediocre 496 gear), it's still crit > mastery ~ haste but whatever...

Deleted
    I think this is the guide referred to by the OP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087999196

What's really interesting is how to interact with OP.

OP has a GCD of 1. Being able to do 3x OP can reduce your full rotation by 1.5seconds making it 4.5seconds not 6. (MS,OP,OP,OP,MS)

4.5 sec rotation
    CS/MS/SLAM > OP > OP > OP > CS/MS/SLAM

5sec rotation
    CS/MS/SLAM > OP > OP > 2x CS/MS/SLAM

5.5sec rotation
    CS/MS/SLAM > OP > 3x CS/MS/SLAM

6sec rotation
    CS/MS/SLAM > 4x CS/MS/SLAM

-------------------------

Has anyone checked if haste applies to Deep Wounds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    actually according to latest version of simcraft (and my mediocre 496 gear), it's still crit > mastery ~ haste but whatever...
    that's how much dps you gain per 1 rating,and i don't think it holds into account the extra half rating you get.

Quote Originally Posted by petris101 View Post
    that's how much dps you gain per 1 rating,and i don't think it holds into account the extra half rating you get.
    It takes it into account. 1 rating just translates into more haste% than it used to. You don't get an extra half rating.

Haste is definitely not better than mastery until you've acquired multiple RPPM based items, e.g. 2 trinkets, T15 2pc, legendary meta.

Deleted
    I'm almost certain Haste is better than Mastery, it was even before the buff believe it or not. Our Mastery does pretty pathetic damage, and while yes it can now proc Sudden Death, so do auto-attacks, and auto-attacks can ALSO proc SoO (which can proc SD). Haste increases rage gen through auto attacks, but also seems to improve the proc rate of SD better than Mastery. And imo Arms is now all about replacing Slam with a better FREE move in every chance you get, and Colossus Smash is a much better move and it's free.

MS CS OP OP is better than MS OP OP Slam. Every time you can use MS CS OP OP instead of Slam is a huge DPS increase, and you gain a lot of rage from that cycle, whereas using Slam often is rage neutral at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must say arms gameplay beome much more "swift" than in 5.1, bu imo if arms goin to be compared to fury they need tweak numbers, or better. Give op option to trigger enrage

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Must say arms gameplay beome much more "swift" than in 5.1, bu imo if arms goin to be compared to fury they need tweak numbers, or better. Give op option to trigger enrage
    my warrior is my alt...ret pally as my main.

i've been somewhat disappointed with arms since the end of cata...just because it felt very boring to play.

i'm actually enjoying the new arms...there is always something to press to be honest. doesn't seem to be much down-time. sort of reminds me of my wrath enhance shaman..something was always going on and there was something always to press to make sure my damage was sustained and high enough.

fun class again. fury isn't bad...i just don't find it that much fun.