Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Come to think of it.

if the movie would be a success, imagine the explosion in server populations just at a time when Titan would launch (2015...).

But I don't have too high expectations, because I think the fantasy genre in movies is coming to a halt.

btw I didn't like Avatar at all. Terrible cliché movie that was...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-03-06 at 12:53 AM.

Hey, if the movie is going to suck(and I'm of the opinion that all game-to-movie projects have high inherent suck probability) then at least it'll suck with lore that Metzen signs off on and not suck because it completely destroyed the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Did I hear from somewhere that the overview of the plot for the movie was narrated from the perspective of a human.. I dunno paladin, who told the story of warcraft though his narrative, about how good the alliance was and how evil the horde was. Cause honestly, if you expect me to sit though not only an alliance centric movie, but one that sounds like lord of the rings deformed baby brother, then dear god no amount of money you pay me will make me sit though that.
    And if it is a horde-centric movie (like a lot of the game seems to be), I will not watch it. A movie saying how oppressive the Alliance is and how misunderstood the Horde is. But it will be a horde movie as Metzen has a hardon for the horde. I seriously hope I am wrong. But I do believe they better get on with it if they want to make it as successful as possible, seeing as the longer the wait, the more affected by the seemingly decline of interest in World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Opinion. D3 cured me from my WOW addiction. I play D3 every day and after patches 1.03, 1.04, 1.05 and 1.07 it is a great little game. Not an MMORPG but a blast to play it in co op or solo mode for years to come.

So let's wait.
    Glad you're having fun!

And yes it's absolutely opinion. I'm just saying Diablo 3 was released 12 years after Diablo 2 and obviously expectations were high for a much beloved franchise. The fact that it was considered too short, rmah skewed drop rates, error 37 on day 1, etc etc really let a lot of fans of the franchise down. But the fact that it took 12 years meant it was going to be criticized to hell unless it was an angelic masterpiece and the staple of gaming perfection.

I feel the same will happen here. The Warcraft Movie was announced in like 2007? So we're 6 years down the road with no production, pre-production, or even a script (to our knowledge). So barring this movie having better visuals than LotR, having A list actors fill every role (even Gamon), more pulling of the heart strings than watching the Bambi mother murder scene 1000 times, and more action than your mom's *please don't ban me* on a Friday night; it will be considered a failure.

... Then again, Blizz sold a shitload of Diablo 3 games so what do they care what their fans think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    And if it is a horde-centric movie (like a lot of the game seems to be), I will not watch it. A movie saying how oppressive the Alliance is and how misunderstood the Horde is. But it will be a horde movie as Metzen has a hardon for the horde. I seriously hope I am wrong. But I do believe they better get on with it if they want to make it as successful as possible, seeing as the longer the wait, the more affected by the seemingly decline of interest in World of Warcraft.
    Oh come on no one wants it to be biased on either side. Trassk didn't say that he wants it to be at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Did I hear from somewhere that the overview of the plot for the movie was narrated from the perspective of a human.. I dunno paladin, who told the story of warcraft though his narrative, about how good the alliance was and how evil the horde was. Cause honestly, if you expect me to sit though not only an alliance centric movie, but one that sounds like lord of the rings deformed baby brother, then dear god no amount of money you pay me will make me sit though that.
    I really hope Blizzard has more sense than that... Maybe start with 2 opposing plots (one ali, one horde) and somewhere in the movie make them join the forces against a big bad? Think MoP cinematic, but better (or something like ToC, or factions like SSO and Ashen Verdict, only major faction-wise). I think what Raimi did was exactly what you mentioned - biased against one faction...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post
    Like the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies amirite?
    you name the only two that are not, different director, and studio. If you gave peter jackson a whole lot of money yeah it could work.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    you name the only two that are not, different director, and studio. If you gave peter jackson a whole lot of money yeah it could work.
    Oh God. Peter Jackson doing the Warcraft movie. *-* ...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Well it did NOT work for Final Fantasy and Beowulf. Terrible movies to watch. You know after 15 minutes I had the impression I was squinting myself looking at those puppets.

And these movies were considered state of the CG "art", until 3 weeks after their launch ...
    After which they seemed to come from another decade.

So no CGI's please... The public doesn't want that kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The worst thing you can do with a video game based movie is to make it as close to the game as possible. In that case the best scenario is that watching a movie makes you feel "neato, but I'd rather play the game instead". If Blizzard is so die-hard about not changing anything from their original scripts then I'm pretty afraid.
    wasn't there some kind of Doom movie where they used actual footage from the game or something?

if the movie would be a success, imagine the explosion in server populations
    Oh yes, WoW getting a sudden explosion of a bunch of

"lel I saw the movie ! xD Orcs rawr Lok'Tar. So does this game work like Bejeweled? how do I buy tokens to skip waiting for crops to grow?"

is going to be so fucking excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Oh come on no one wants it to be biased on either side. Trassk didn't say that he wants it to be at all.
    exactly. I want the story to open out both sides to show how both horde and alliance are people, not just generic good human and generic baddie orc. Give depth to both sides as you see in wow.

The public doesn't want that kind of crap.
    Stop lumping your opinion as universal to back your flimsy arguments.

l still feel they should let there CG team lose on some short storys to fill in some lore holes then one big film

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    wasn't there some kind of Doom movie where they used actual footage from the game or something?
    No? The Doom movie didn't have any.

The history of video games turned movies makes me more nervous about this than anything else.

I hope there isn't any stigma attached to the origins of the movie and that it will be able to draw in an audience of gamers, non-gamers, WoW players, and people who have never heard of Warcraft before.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Funny.

Blizz out sources their lore to some writer, yet won't another out sourced person do the movie.
    My understanding is this, Blizzard (Metzen) gives the general outline of the story to the designated writer. Then the writer goes fill in all the gaps but keeping the main storyline intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    oh actually it was just a 5 minute scene from first person pov where it looked like we were watching a video game

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    they had a short part where it was gun view scene

Well it did NOT work for Final Fantasy and Beowulf. Terrible movies to watch. You know after 15 minutes I had the impression I was squinting myself looking at those puppets.

And these movies were considered state of the CG "art", until 3 weeks after their launch ...
    After which they seemed to come from another decade.

So no CGI's please... The public doesn't want that kind of crap.
    Neither of them were terrible! I happen to enjoy both of them. And no the CGI did not age as fast as you said. Stop exaggerating everything!