horridan triple puncture

How many stacks ends up being 2 much, just wondering

We took 10 without a cooldown and it was fine.
    Last edited by gynshon; 2013-03-06 at 06:03 AM.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Take as many as you can, use cooldowns for the later ones so as not to waste tank DPS by swapping too early.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I took 23 stacks in our kill, but I was kiting the boss for the last 2 min or so since the offtank died during the 4th add phase. Just rotated cd's with the 3 healers.

we ended up just switching the boss with the door changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Take as many as you can, use cooldowns for the later ones so as not to waste tank DPS by swapping too early.
    We just swapped on MCs, not sure why you'd even need a CD for it when doing tank swaps at gates besides times when I had adds/boss on me because it was a wipe I rarely dropped below 50% from just the boss (druid tank)

Swapped after each door break, then after jal'ak died. Think I capped out at 13 at the end of the fight as a prot paladin for extra damage from vengeance. Didn't even have to use GoAK.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-03-06 at 10:35 AM.

I can't speak for other classes, but I imagine any decent prot paladin should be able to survive high stacks as long as they time Shield of the Righteous to go with every Puncture. I'd expect that other tanks have similar active mitigation tools for the job.

Personally, I only ever got up to 10 stacks, but with ShoR, they weren't even as bad as his regular melee.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just say be wary of the MS on the third gate adds if you happen to be tanking mobs + boss + have high stacks.

Deleted
    HoP - Is all I'm saying

We run 4-5 pallies on our 25s with them speccing into clemency and just bop thfough them ojce they get around 7-8 with one dedicated healer on the tank and not even bother with swaps. He just uses a cancel aura into taunt macro. With sacs inbetween to help out the dedicated healer

10+ Year Old Account
    Took 23/18 on my warrior before bops and 12/15/10 on my DK before bops.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    I was easily taking over 10 stacks in 25m, if your healers are topping you off before each round you should be able to take them pretty high. Probably depends on your gear a little though.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartstock View Post
    How many stacks ends up being 2 much, just wondering
    Up through the first 3 doors I have been solo tanking at a Prot pally. Timing SoTR before each puncture and when stacks get too high clearing first with HoP cancel aura and taunt. Then Divine shield cancel aura and taunt then second HoP (LOVE CLEMENCY) so that is at least 30-40 stacks you can clear easily as a solo tank. The first HoP should come up fairly quickly again after that as it has a 5 min recharge.

10 man here. We used a Blood DK and a Protection Paladin.

We'd swap just slightly before the next door adds started to come out. This meant only getting like 6-7 stacks. In the last phase we tank swapped when teh big guy jumped down, then when the big guy was dead and then BoP for a another tank swap at 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Our paladin tanked Horridon and cleared the stacks after every door

Deleted
    not just a pally tank but on 25man if u have 2 pallies (any specc) u can keep the same tank on horridan all the time.......take clemency and HoP the tank during a double swipe when hes at 5-7 stacks

we just had our druid take the boss for the whole fight

same with ten man if u have 2 pallies