Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    25 man people need to understand that in 10 man, you have the same amount of adds to 2.5x less people, so the difficulty is significantly higher.

In 25 man, the game is not overtuned, in 10 man, it is.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-06 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    found it a little tight in terms of tanking. not so much in terms of damage. we ended up using a third tank. to help control adds.
    I was considering this, but was worried about damage. Our tanks did complain about having to run all over Narnia trying to control the adds and while I dont think we had many (if any) death's from mob aggro, maybe if they clumped more we could cleave even on single target burns like door 2.

Was this 25 man you're talking about or 10?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon wasn't that hard a fight once you get to grips with the adds and dispelling/avoiding all the usual stuff on the floor, Council on the otherhand.....:S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Horridon wasn't that hard a fight once you get to grips with the adds and dispelling/avoiding all the usual stuff on the floor, Council on the otherhand.....:S
    Its the same idea for council. Once you figure out what you're doing its not so bad.

We lust at pull and burn Sul (sand priest) til lust is out then switch to the normal order. This gives us only 1 phase with Sul empowered. Apart from that you just gotta heal your ass off and move away from the dude who won't stop rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremaw View Post
    I was considering this, but was worried about damage. Our tanks did complain about having to run all over Narnia trying to control the adds and while I dont think we had many (if any) death's from mob aggro, maybe if they clumped more we could cleave even on single target burns like door 2.

some of the adds just charge around, you dont haev to pick them up. Definitely don't suggest 3 tanking on 10m, theres no reason to

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    found it a little tight in terms of tanking. not so much in terms of damage. we ended up using a third tank. to help control adds.
    No fight this tier is designed with 3 tanks in mind. Before considering another tank, did you consider asking your current tanks to play better?

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

(25 man) so I wasn't running my meters last night. and well we werent having problems with any of the doors we hit enrage on horridon 3 times always at like 20+% with maybe 2-3 dead (we were also running 3 tanks [had to use 2 487 ilvl geared tanks because or OT missed raid] 6 heals 2 mw monks to make the adds easier) now im assuming having these people dead was fucking us because of the 200% increase but is there any other reason we are hitting the enrage. our avg ilvl is 500.

Could also be a few people were being bad and I have to look into that with our raid leader and clean that up. over all the fight didnt seem bad people just have to work on execution
    Last edited by Areohotah; 2013-03-06 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Areohotah View Post
    (25 man) so I wasn't running my meters last night. and well we werent having problems with any of the doors we hit enrage on horridon 3 times always at like 20+% with maybe 2-3 dead (we were also running 3 tanks [had to use 2 487 ilvl geared tanks because or OT missed raid] 6 heals 2 mw monks to make the adds easier) now im assuming having these people dead was fucking us because of the 200% increase but is there any other reason we are hitting the enrage. our avg ilvl is 500.

Could also be a few people were being bad and I have to look into that with our raid leader and clean that up. over all the fight didnt seem bad people just have to work on execution
    If dino-mending is going off you could be losing a lot of potential damage on the boss (heals 1% of his health every second IIRC). If you aren't struggling with dps its really not so important but in your scenario getting that extra 20% head start on the boss could make all the difference if that's where you're wiping.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining. We went in with alts tonight, cause its not a normal raid night for us, with an average ilvl of around 495 and literally 3 shot it. All you have to do is prioritize which adds to kill, and make sure you're tank can pick them all up. Stacking the raid helps for this. Its really not that big of a dps check. Just single target the one add of each door that is the deadliest (trapper,priest,warlord,shaman) and then aoe the rest down. Just assign 1-2 people in the raid to be on the dinomaster when he comes out to interrupt and dps him down to 50% then use orb, move on. It's not that complicated at all or dps intensive, you just have to be smart on where and what you assign your dps to nuke. You dont need a priest in 10 man to dispel properly. 3 people get debuffs, 3 healers can dispel. Don't miss one and don't fall behind and you wont have an issue dispelling. The last phase is a complete joke, kill the troll that jumps in then kill horridon. Also, we lusted on the 3rd door, but feel free to use it on the 2nd or 4th, whichever gives you the most trouble, You wont need it at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    we got to 4th door after 30min wiping to bridge boss. We wudda had it last night but one of our healers does not know what dispell means >.>
    We usually lust for the 3rd door but due to lack of dispells our tanks die. Difficulty for the boss is fine. 1st boss is the new morchok it is not meant to be very hard but not kiting the orbs properly will easily result in being insta-gibbed. Not to mention groups that have an average ilvl of 480 will have harder time than my group which had lowest ilvl of 495.

So far i am enjoying this boss. As a warlock this is my fap-to-meters boss while still doing the mechanics. Our last attempt on the 3rd door i was sitting at 150k dps feels good to be destro with the buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    In 25 man, the game is not overtuned, in 10 man, it is.
    you say this like its true, all three were push overs when we went in there with alts after the main raid, we even used 3 tanks on horridon in 10, only difference was that on 25 the third tank was in tank gear, and on 10 he was in dps gear.

[B]

25 obviously.
    when we had 2 tanks we had problems with adds aggroing onto the the tank with the dino and gibbing him, or to many adds getting to far spread out so we couldn't aoe them properly, we tried using a plate melee in a tank stance to tank them, but they usually ended up getting trucked very hard, so we just added a third tank.

we actually had 3 melee disconnect right at the beginning of the fight and we still met the enrage, damage isn't the problem on the fight its just controlling the adds, particularly controlling the venomous effusions which is what our healers reported to be the most problematic, we had about 4 wipes right when they started spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    No fight this tier is designed with 3 tanks in mind. Before considering another tank, did you consider asking your current tanks to play better?
    if you believe this then you haven't seen this fight on 25 man. i suggest not doing it on 10s.

i'm sure it can be done with 2 tanks on 25 man, you could do stoneguard with 2 tanks too, but its vastly easier with 3 and if you have the dps to meet the enrage, there is no point not too.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account

our dk tank was doing 100-110k dps on adds. TBH 3rd tank won't be a solution because depending on the dps of the rest of people on burn phase of the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Areohotah View Post

We two tanked, and you can't let dino-mending go off.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to make sure people aren't worried about padding meters and are more focused on killing Dino's when they come out. I know for some its kind of hard to resist the perfect opportunity to spam cleaves.

Also make sure the orb gets channeled ASAP. A few times the orb would get dropped under the boss's head or in the middle of a giant pile of adds, you need to yell for the tank to move the adds/boss immediately, or you'll get another set or two of adds to deal with. The enrage is 12-13 minutes though, so if you really wanted to, you could lust on the pull and then again near the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    We cleared it with 3 alt groups, didn't post the slightest of threats.
    Not sure why people are complaining..
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I think you answered your own question man. The fact that you cleared it with 3 alt groups is pretty indicative you aren't the target audience. Clearing it with one alt group, let alone three, 99% of people struggling don't have the characters, let alone the time to clear it three times in one night.

We're struggling with dispels being overwhelming. Symbi helped a bit but the adds are just so damn scattered and we admittedly were trying to AOE rather than focus them down. Not to mention, AOE dps wasn't the best last night.

Also, is anyone else noticing weird threat patterns thus far in ToT? Never once was there an issue with threat in MoP 5.0/5.1 but last night mobs would randomly swap targets and tanks were having trouble pickingup and holding adds.

We are a 25 man raiding guild but we were 35+ today, so we decided to run 1x 25 man and 1x man...both groups killed the boss in the first try. The only tricky part is the 2nd door imo and you just need to DPS the mobs down real quick and your healers won't even get stressed...just rotate group CDs and save DPS CDs if needed (wasn't needed for us though).

So not quite sure why people are complaining >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhewn View Post
    I think you answered your own question man. The fact that you cleared it with 3 alt groups is pretty indicative you aren't the target audience. Clearing it with one alt group, let alone three, 99% of people struggling don't have the characters, let alone the time to clear it three times in one night.

We're struggling with dispels being overwhelming. Symbi helped a bit but the adds are just so damn scattered and we admittedly were trying to AOE rather than focus them down. Not to mention, AOE dps wasn't the best last night.

Also, is anyone else noticing weird threat patterns thus far in ToT? Never once was there an issue with threat in MoP 5.0/5.1 but last night mobs would randomly swap targets and tanks were having trouble pickingup and holding adds.
    Yes. Adds on Horridon had some wierd ass aggro table, on my DK and my Warrior (And my warlock), I noticed something funky going on with the threat.
    Unless you're meaning the adds that are supposed to not have an aggro table, AKA Door3.
    As for dispells, utilize Revival.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    16/16 heroic guild doesn't see why people are having trouble on Horridon. More at 11.