Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    - Raiders got a new raider tier.
    - Casuals/Solo's got a new quest hub.
    - Casuals get a new raid tier (LFR).
    - PVPers got a new PVP tier.
    - All classes got PVP and PVE changes.
    - More solo content introduced with rares and pets.

All of these are mutually exclusive and affect all players. They catered to every facet. What exactly is -missing- from the patch?

If you were expecting anything else, you're obviously playing a game you don't really enjoy or like in the first place.
    The same thing missing from the previous patch, Dungeons.

They didnt catered to every facet, they missed the same facet they missed in their previous patch, the facet that has been the core of the game since vanilla, the Dungeoneers.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-06 at 07:23 PM.

I was and still am excited about 5.2.

New raid was fun and challenging. Lots of QoL changes (farm changes, new PvP menu is nice, etc). Love the xmog changes. Daily quests not required, lots of complaints that dailies were required got addressed and "fixed" - alternatives to rep gain added, not necessary for raiding. Valor bump for longer heroics/scenarios are welcome. Very few server problems on first day of big patch.

For people complaining about new patches just being Dailies and Raid, clearly not true. Apart from 5.1, there has never been a time where I felt like I had to absolutely do dailies. It was just something I did if I wanted to gain some extra gold and heirlooms (WoTLK Argent Tournament). If I don't want to do dailies, I have other options to keep me entertained. PvP, transmog, pet battles, alts, etc. There were very few patches where I felt like I had absolutely nothing left to do until the tail end of the patch. Blizzard is usually good about adding something for everyone with new, major patches.

Nerfing the rep championing at the last minute was a scumbag move.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You have done dailies on the isle of thunder for 1-2 days and they are already boring and repetetive? More boring than doing the same herioc dungeons on farm for valor because you dont need any of the loot and you watch netflix in your second monitor while doing them? Or are you just alergic to the word 'daily'?
    Oh no, have only done 2, then walked away after getting my neck. I wasn't talking specifically about 5.2, but about dailies in general in wow, especially those that are in overcrowded places (even funnier on servers with very unbalanced population..).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    - Raiders got a new raider tier.
    - Casuals/Solo's got a new quest hub.
    - Casuals get a new raid tier (LFR).
    - PVPers got a new PVP tier.
    - All classes got PVP and PVE changes.
    - More solo content introduced with rares and pets.
    True enough. I thought I was done with WoW, but after playing a couple of other games (some of them really good) this patch made me realize Blizzard is serious about giving all forms of content in this game. It was enough to resub and after 1 night I realize it was a good decisions. I have so many things to do my head is still spinning a little.
    BAD WOLF

Don't like dailies ? Don't do them. One week until new LFR.

Liking 5.2 so far, personally. I like the MoP daily system (although I realize it's not for everyone), ToT looks amazing so far (just hit a trash run, haven't tried Jin'rokh yet). Can't wait to progress on the island and dig into ToT
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The same thing missing fromt he previous patch, Dungeons.

They didnt catered to every facet, they missed the same facet they missed in their previous patch, the facet that has been the core of the game since vanilla, the Dungeoneers.
    That certainly is true, but adding new dungeons interferes with the gear progression Blizzard are trying to achieve. The dungeons they would have to design wouldn't cater to many people. If the ilvl is too low most people won't run them because they simply won't need to. If the ilvl is too high then you eliminate the entire previous tier almost, just like they did by adding the 3 new dungeons with Dragon Soul. Once those hit, the previous raid tiers and dungeons were pointless.

If you added new dungeons now, what ilvl would you give them? Where would they fit in the current progression path?

The same thing missing fromt he previous patch, Dungeons.

Then how in the world, if it is such a core facet to the game that the fact that no new dungeon has been added in the 6 months since launch is a huge problem, did all these so called dungeoneers survive TBC? There was 1 new 5-man added over the course of that expansion. And that one wasn't put in until about 15 months into the expansion. Or Wrath, which added 4 total 5-mans, 3 of which came in the final raid tier a full year after the expansion released. Cata gave us 5 dungeons post launch, but Firelands did not add a 5-man and I don't recall any complaints.

You go on like every patch in the game prior to the past 2 added dungeon content. In truth, less than half the major patches contained dungeon content of any kind.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Or realize that "content" is not limited to raids and dungeons only.
    Content is subjective, so for some people it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then how in the world, if it is such a core facet to the game that the fact that no new dungeon has been added in the 6 months since launch is a huge problem, did all these so called dungeoneers survive TBC? There was 1 new 5-man added over the course of that expansion. And that one wasn't put in until about 15 months into the expansion. Or Wrath, which added 4 total 5-mans, 3 of which came in the final raid tier a full year after the expansion released. Cata gave us 5 dungeons post launch, but Firelands did not add a 5-man and I don't recall any complaints.

You go on like every patch in the game prior to the past 2 added dungeon content. In truth, less than half the major patches contained dungeon content of any kind.
    Owned, well played sir hat to you.

Can't please everyone, if you are not enjoying don't play. Simple as that. 2nd day into the patch and I'm digging it a lot. I am loving the art work, the theme, and the story so far.

The same thing missing from the previous patch, Dungeons.

I remember the post-release dungeons they introduced in Cata. The troll dungeons people hated with a vengeance because they were long, difficult, and awarded you with fake epics. Epics which wouldn't even satisfy the Cata Epic achievement.

And then there were the Twilight dungeons. I rather enjoyed them, but the complaining on the forums was immense about how easy and rewarding they were.

Since LFR was introduced, there really isn't room for dungeoneers in WoW anymore. Dungeons are never going to be TBC or early Cata difficulty again. They are going to be quick, easy, and facerolled for valor.

I don't really look forward to when the next set of dungeons get released and the forums are full of the same loud whining about how faceroll they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I don't really look forward to when the next set of dungeons get released and the forums are full of the same loud whining about how faceroll they are.
    The forums are always full of loud whining, the subject changes weekly.

Well played, i bet a lot of people will ignore this.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Yeah and they are complaining about having to do dailies, that they only have done once. IF you hate dailies you have only done once you don't hate dailies, you hate questing! and if that's the case then a game like wow is not really for you.
    I hate questing with a passion and pretty much leveling in general. Its amazing I even have alts, but I refuse to do dailys I have and always will play the game for Dungeons, and Raids. If there is no raid going on I don't log on period the end. I want my rep tabard's back so damn bad, why not have both options in the game so I can actually get rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    You hate dailies? Imagine how people felt when all they could do all day was dailies and 5mans -.-

WoW is what it is.

New expansion = level, grind gear, raid/pvp

New patch = grind gear and raid/pvp

Temper your expectations appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Nerfing the rep championing at the last minute was a scumbag move.
    I didn't even check that how low was it?

That certainly is true, but adding new dungeons interferes with the gear progression Blizzard are trying to achieve. The dungeons they would have to design wouldn't cater to many people. If the ilvl is too low most people won't run them because they simply won't need to. If the ilvl is too high then you eliminate the entire previous tier almost, just like they did by adding the 3 new dungeons with Dragon Soul. Once those hit, the previous raid tiers and dungeons were pointless.

If you added new dungeons now, what ilvl would you give them? Where would they fit in the current progression path?
    None of that is true because the ilvl from ToT LFR is higher then T14 normal's so that already eliminate's the previous tier.

blizzard just didn't want to make 1-2 dungeons that there ilvl was in the middle of ToTLFR and tier 14 normal's. to me that is lazy cause with new raids all they got to do is scale everything down to LFR level to replace any new dungeons.

Its a lack of wanting to make content nothing more they are using LFR to not make new dungeons "at lease for this patch" It would have made a lot of sence to make at lease 2 dungeons to have a background story to the new zone.

or they make some stupid solo scenario that took them a total of 10mins to come up with and you can only do it once.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-06 at 08:06 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its a lack of wanting to make content nothing more they are using LFR to not make new dungeons "at lease for this patch" It would have made a lot of sence to make at lease 2 dungeons to have a background story to the new zone.
    While I agree more content is better (and 2 dungeons would have made this patch better) it's not necessary nor common for Blizz to release dungeons in a patch. I suggest at least trying the new content and then deciding how lazy Blizzard is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    While I agree more content is better (and 2 dungeons would have made this patch better) it's not necessary nor common for Blizz to release dungeons in a patch. I suggest at least trying the new content and then deciding how lazy Blizzard is.
    The new zone is a daily quest hub so ill pass.

Don't get me wrong I think they did great with how the zone looks and that is one of the things blizzard dose really well but its a daily quest hub just like molten front and I am not a fan of them cause I feel that something else could have been done.

Blizzard has done dungeons in patch's before like the ICC3 and the 2 in Cata and this would have been a perfect moment to add 2 troll dungeons to add on to the lore of the zone.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD