Page 9 of 198 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just jumping in on the macro discussion.
    I'm finding this one useful as it sets a focus target for you as well:

#showtooltip
    /focus [@focus,noharm][@focus,dead]
    /cast [@focus] Havoc

Also, thanks for all the information on reforging. Still hopelessly confused though. =p

Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Just jumping in on the macro discussion.
    I'm finding this one useful as it sets a focus target for you as well:

#showtooltip
    /focus [@focus,noharm][@focus,dead]
    /cast [@focus] Havoc

Also, thanks for all the information on reforging. Still hopelessly confused though. =p
    Use Obs with optical blast on CD while keeping haste and crit roughly even in rating, and mastery lower than haste or crit.

So since Zum seems to not know what he is doing and that Simcraft results show little difference from one stat to the other for some people I'll probably try this with a 1:1:1 ratio and make specific reforges later once we go into heroics.
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

I ran Mastery==Haste>Crit today... I liked, but my results is almost the same! The difference in single target is nothing if compared with others reforges.

I´m so confused! I share the Zumzum´s "meme"! =P

Remembering that I have low gear (+/-495)...

I didn´t do more real tests this week, because I was trying my green fire! And I got it today! Now I´m happy! xD

Excellent guide. I had the basics down but since I want to try it seriously I got some good tips in there, thanks.

However I have a question that I don't think is covered. For heavy AoE fights, how do you use your extra Embers and havoc ?
    (By the way, if I havoc a target and cast a FnB Incinerate on another, what happens to the havoc target ?)
    Assuming aoe target take more than a havoc cd to die, when they are high health, do you cast a chaos bolt + havoc in the middle of your AoE rotation ? I assume that when they are low however you will havoc something and spam shadowburn on those <20% targets right ?
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Excellent guide. I had the basics down but since I want to try it seriously I got some good tips in there, thanks.

However I have a question that I don't think is covered. For heavy AoE fights, how do you use your extra Embers and havoc ?
    (By the way, if I havoc a target and cast a FnB Incinerate on another, what happens to the havoc target ?)
    Assuming aoe target take more than a havoc cd to die, when they are high health, do you cast a chaos bolt + havoc in the middle of your AoE rotation ? I assume that when they are low however you will havoc something and spam shadowburn on those <20% targets right ?
    If you havoc something, and then use AoE abilities, no stacks of havoc is consumed.

I don't use the extra embers on anything beyond shadowburns. Taking time to chaos bolt isn't worth it.

I prefer using:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Havoc; [mod:shift, target=focus] Havoc
    This way if I press my havoc key, it does it to my target, if i hold shift while pressing the key, it does it to my focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    I prefer using:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Havoc; [mod:shift, target=focus] Havoc
    This way if I press my havoc key, it does it to my target, if i hold shift while pressing the key, it does it to my focus.

The woes of having Havoc bound to a shift modifier by default

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod, @mouseover] Havoc
    /cast [mod:alt] Fire and Brimstone
    /cast [mod:shift] Unending resolve
    that's mine. Every bound button i have has an alt and shift function. Usually have my survial cooldowns on the shift modifier due to having them liek that on my tanking chars (curse you muscle memory XD)

Also i'm wondering. Is it just me or is RoF really really good at generating embers now. I seem to recall it not generating as many pre-patch, but with RoF on 2 of meg's heads i was generating more embers than i'm accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    that's mine. Every bound button i have has an alt and shift function. Usually have my survial cooldowns on the shift modifier due to having them liek that on my tanking chars (curse you muscle memory XD)

Also i'm wondering. Is it just me or is RoF really really good at generating embers now. I seem to recall it not generating as many pre-patch, but with RoF on 2 of meg's heads i was generating more embers than i'm accustomed to.
    It recieved some sort of stealth buff or it's on the receiving end of a bug some how.

Deleted
    So In Destruction with GoSupr : priority stat are Intell > Haste > Crit> mastery and with GoSacr : priority is Intell>Mastery>criti>Hast ?

Is right? for be sure i'm good understand?

Haste == Crit > Mastery is True for mono-target fights (Feng, etc). If you have a cleave fight (2-3 targets), Haste==Mastery > Crit is better. I personally think the second one is more accurate on the current tier, because there are few mono-targets fights. For full AoE fight (5-6+ targets) Mastery > Crit >= Haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika View Post
    If you have a cleave fight (2-3 targets), Haste==Mastery > Crit is better.
    Is there any recommended baseline level crit if playing with this priority?

I'm tempted to try playing destro with my affliction reforges, but I've got a pitifully low 11% or something crit iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neika View Post
    If you have a cleave fight (2-3 targets), Haste==Mastery > Crit is better. I personally think the second one is more accurate on the current tier, because there are few mono-targets fights. For full AoE fight (5-6+ targets) Mastery > Crit >= Haste.
    I never understood what haste==mastery meant... does it mean we choose one and stack that? or that we should try and keep them around the same amount? (for example 6500 haste and 6000 mastery)

Deleted
    Ok, i had the time this morning to go and test some builds :P .
    haste>=crit>mastery works the best on any tunnel vision boss. Mastery is just slightly ahead if not on par with haste on bosses where cleave is required up to 2 -3 targets, after that mastery seems to pull a bit more ahead of haste.Everything until now seems to be confirmed by other destro that are currently testing out stuff and being confused by the very small differences between posible current builds.If you are not going for world first kills and u want to squeeze even that very little x% more , go with the build u feel msot confortable with , the build providing you the fluidity u want to have , especially with the subtle RoF included in main rotation and with gentle more mana regen.I agree with Bru , haste and crit on equivalent ratings seems to sim absolutely lovely , and who can hate u can RoF without even being concerned about mana.
    Next to do for this week is siming the trinkets , hope people will do thatso we can share and get feedback asap on them Rppm's :P

Deleted
    Haste and Mastery have the same weight when Haste==Mastery. It's generally best to keep them close, and not favor one over the other; they "synergize" very well with each other.

Currently reforged crit>=haste>mastery as indicated by my own simcraft results. But will be on heroic Horridon tonight and I'm wondering what to change there.

I assume mastery gains quite a bit in value there? I don't think there will be a lot of room for F&B but you will be able to cast lots of chaos bolts and shadowburn with all the embers you generate from RoF.

Any specific things in gearing and/or playstyle you guys can think of for that encounter?

So iv done it and decided to focus on destro for our 25man raiding now, I have a quick question, Haste or crit? Iv seen a few armorys on this thread that have crit or haste or crit with mastery gems ect...

Just looking at the best way to optimize my character as im respeccing/gemming/forging from affliction.

Deleted
    According to the latest all-around T14H sims by Brusalk:

• Single target fights: Crit >= Haste > Mastery (Haste becomes better than crit at higher ilvls)
    • Two-target fights: Haste > Crit >(=) Mastery
    • AoE fights w/ 8 targets: Mastery >>> Haste > Crit

Now, keep in mind your personal results may vary. It's best to sim your character.

Moreover, keep in mind the various types of fights T15 has. It's probably safe to go with Haste >= Mastery > Crit.

Finally, the right reforge only offer a very minor increase in most cases, with particular edge cases where one shine better than the others.

I have a qui question regarding Havoc. On an encounter that has 1 mob with a damage modifier such as Horridon or Tortos is it best to Havoc the boss who takes increased dmg or the add you are trying to kill? If you havoc the boss and chaos bolt an add does the extra CB from Havoc gain the dmg boost from the boss debuff?

I realize spamming shadowburn on low hp mobs is better regardless but I was wondering how havoc interacted with dmg modification.