Is it just me, or is MW better at soloing than WW?

So the new MW damage buffs are awesome for solo questing. Maybe it's just that my MW gear is better, but I've stopped doing dailies as WW entirely now. Not only is the damage really damn high, I never have to worry about pulling too many mobs. Getting blackout kick crits on the primary target of over 200k is not uncommon - my RSK doesn't even hit that hard.

Is it really just a gear difference here, or is there some quirk of scaling that makes it so that WW damage is lower solo than it would be fully raidbuffed?

Deleted
    MW for soloing? Well havent had the chance to try out the specc. So im gonna check it out. But really, MW shouldnt really be faster then WW in my opinion xD

It shouldn't, but it very well might be!

Also, now with the change that you get Muscle Memory at 20, MW becomes strictly superior to WW at low levels. It was already better, now it's just stupidly better.

WW most definitely > MW for soloing. 494 WW gear, 514 MW gear, my WW spec bursts and sustains significantly higher damage on daily trash mobs (I lol when I nearly 1shot them with RSK, 300k crits wut?) than MW could hope to, as well as being more mobile w/ FSK.

Deleted
    I got equivalent gear on both specs, WW wins by far. However I can easily solo those rare zanadalari mounts with my MW.

I guess you could say WW is faster, MW is safer.

Deleted
    On Isle of Giants:

MW gear: 513
    WW gear: 505

MW DPS avg after 2 hours: 72682 dps
    WW DPS avg after 2 hours: 81295 dps

MW deaths: 0
    WW deaths: 4

WW is really weak for soloing, Chi Wave on 15 sec CD really hurts for healing - it heals for barely anything. As MW I'm doing 9k less DPS but overall getting more bones (averaging 400-450 bones/hour) because I'm able to chain pull, AoE, and never die. MW is really safe for soloing IMO, should definitely be considered as your primary solo spec on Isle of Giants if it's your main spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you keep BoK glyph'd? With the changes to L30 pulling the heal of BoK probably isn't a good idea, though in i504 I clear my dailys with WW instead of BrM and have yet to die once doing them.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I'm not dying to the dailies, I'm dying to the elite dinosaurs on Isle of Giants :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    I'm not dying to the dailies, I'm dying to the elite dinosaurs on Isle of Giants :P
    Oh yeah, I go BrM for those =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    Is it possible to level a monk as MW with and without healing dungeons now?

It always was, MW does more damage than WW until you get Rising Sun Kick at (I think?) 54. The gap between them is massive now with Muscle Memory being available at 20.

Deleted
    In theory could i quest as MW all the way to 85? The reason i ask is i got int heirlooms and no notion of farming agi ones :P

If you've got int heirlooms but not agi heirlooms, you should *absolutely* level Mistweaver.

I'm kindof tempted to level again, actually...just to see how OP Mistweaver is at low levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    MW is very easy to solo, in the brawlers arena I was able to get up to rank 7(GG) and if I had more time I think I would have been able to complete it, I might would have had some dps issues in the future but not then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose