Poll: Poll

Thread: Jedi vs Sith

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If I had to choose between the two of them, it would be Sith.

Jedi are just so hypocritical. They claim everything is all about balance. But yet everything they do is 'good', and the 'genocide of the sith is ok'. If they truly aren't bias in any way, they'd be attempting to resolve political corruption within their own Senate.

At least the Sith are honest and truthful in following their creed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I know this isn't redirected at me but I want to type anyway.

That's why I don't like neither side of the force. Light side is too delusional, following petty rules that can be their doom. Most of them aren't bad but some are way over the top and I consider them stupid.

Dark side is probably the one where you get more freedom, so to speak. There's no sense of duty, as in, you're not forced to snitch on your friend, over some stupid rule that the Jedi have, and, well, I don't know but it's less, restraining but in the end, it's too much too, like the Jedi/light side.

I mean, the main problem here isn't the Dark side or the Light side, imo, it's more about the Jedi and the Sith, the rules that they enforce. I don't see a problem with either Light or Dark. Though, yes, it's possible that one of them will draw you to certain things, good and/or bad for both sides.

But meh, even so, I'm kinda stuck with how Jedi/Sith are and I think that the Light/Dark reflect their actions, meaning that if I'm light, I'll do what Jedi would even though I'm not a Jedi, same thing for the Sith.

That's why I prefer the grey area, it's neutral, you do and believe in whatever you want and live off of your own moral and so on.
    I'll have to agree with you there, I'd prefer a grey area. It's not like I can't stand anything that the light side believes in, far from it. But if I had to choose side, I'd pick Sith over Jedi any day. The Jedi feels like sheeple to me, they always have to obey the rules no matter what. I doubt Anakin would turn out the way he did if the Jedi dudes weren't so uptight about stuff. And they always seem to do things "for the greater good", but they don't allow themselves to stop and enjoy the present, making it all rather pointless, in my opinion. Granted, you'd have to sacrifice things if you signed up for the job as a guardian of peace, but if you never got to enjoy the things you protect.. why bother? Making sacrifices for others is good and all, but everyone deserves to be a bit selfish too.

Anyway, yes, a gray area would be the perfect solution. I'm no expert of Star Wars, but are people really allowed to live in such a gray area, by either side? Anyone breaking Jedi rules seem to be considered a Sith or a Sith-to-be, but I *think* I remember the Sith hunting down someone who left their ranks. Could be entirely wrong, though.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

In an ideal environment, the Jedi would be the 'grey' warriors, as they wouldn't be taking sides. While the Sith would be the 'extreme' warriors. Whether they stand for Light or Dark is up for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mentally I'm far more Sith-inclined, simply because I'm prone to extreme emotions.

Realistically though, considering the whole "apprentices kill the master" sort of thing, I'd rather be a Jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    But if I had to choose side, I'd pick Sith over Jedi any day.
    I would pick Sith too I believe, if I had to choose between these two only.
    Granted, you'd have to sacrifice things if you signed up for the job as a guardian of peace, but if you never got to enjoy the things you protect.. why bother? Making sacrifices for others is good and all, but everyone deserves to be a bit selfish too.
    I don't see a problem with this but like you said, they haven't experienced anything. They have no knowledge of other things other than what they learn in "school". There's no room for experiment when they are recruited at such a young age.

That's the problem, they are literally brain washing people, even if the intention is good(which I believe it is) it shouldn't be done this way, imo.
    Anyway, yes, a gray area would be the perfect solution. I'm no expert of Star Wars, but are people really allowed to live in such a gray area, by either side?
    I'm not either and I have no idea about anything that is on the grey area with the powers of a Jedi/Sith or both. I honestly don't see how it's not possible.
    Anyone breaking Jedi rules seem to be considered a Sith or a Sith-to-be, but I *think* I remember the Sith hunting down someone who left their ranks. Could be entirely wrong, though.
    Well, yes, but I think that's the Jedi's view on it. Not necessarily anyone else's. That's what they are taught atleast. If you are on the light and stray away from it, for whatever reason, even if a little bit, assuming you're a Jedi, they believe you'll go Dark and become a Sith or drop the power as a whole, but that doesn't happen, usually. I think. I honestly don't know.

And I agree with all of your points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    In an ideal environment, the Jedi would be the 'grey' warriors, as they wouldn't be taking sides. While the Sith would be the 'extreme' warriors. Whether they stand for Light or Dark is up for debate.
    Well, I can agree with that, maybe it's that. I've only watched the movies, a few comics and some tv series, that's it; what I got from all of that, is that Jedi = Light Side =/= Dark side; Sith = Dark Side =/= Light side.

I'd say it's possible for a Jedi to be on the Dark side and still do the Jedi's biding. No idea how that would turn out, if it's possible or if it even exists in the Star Wars Universe or not. My opinion? I don't see how it's impossible too. It's just, problematic.

That's why I prefer the whole grey zone thing, you can choose either side, or both, hell, whatever you want, or choose neither but you never stay loyal to the side you choose. That's kinda my interpretation of the grey zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sith. As shown in KoToR, you can actually be reasonably nice as a Sith.

lol wow my vote made it even 17-17. I picked Jedi because they always seemed to be cooler in the movies and had a more intense and interesting ideology than the sith.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Sith. As shown in KoToR, you can actually be reasonably nice as a Sith.
    Yes. This was basically the rationale behind my posts as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yes. This was basically the rationale behind my posts as well.
    Well, I don't think I've played Sith in KOTOR games(in the 6 times I've played it....), I probably did once but I wasn't really following the storyline while being a Sith.

But yeah, I can agree that there's more faces to the Sith than to the Jedi, meaning that the Sith has more choices and just because they are on the dark side, that doesn't immediately brand them all bad.

I think that's what you're trying to get at, I agree if so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people posting seem to share my view on things, I'm just worse at putting it down in words. This is no fun

Quick, say something controversial!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quick, say something controversial!
    You choose Jedi?

Jedi scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You choose Jedi?

Jedi scum.
    Me, a Jedi? Pff! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the Dark Side as you do! I should've known the Jedi were plotting to take over!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Sith. Red and Black is the coolest color combination known to man.

You're also allowed so much more freedom Sith side. You can kill or cuddle anyone you want as long as you don't piss off the Emperor.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I would be a "Gray Jedi" A force user who neither follows the Jedi code nor surrenders fully to the Darkside.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sith. I always go for the evil or monstrous side, so that's probably why. And red is my favorite color P:

Revan is the best example for how I'd want to be. I'd want to train as a Jedi, then as a Sith, and then live by my own rules. I'd have aspects of both in the end. That's to say, I'd seem like a Jedi to my allies, always willing to help, while I'd seem like a Sith to my enemies. I'd have no mercy in battle, and I wouldn't tolerate fool politics like the Jedi do.

If that wasn't an option, and I had to just do one side for keeps, I'd probably choose Sith to be honest. There are certain aspects of the philosophy I wouldn't abide by, such as training my underling to kill me, but as a whole it's closer to acceptable than traditional Jedi ideals. There's no way I could live without using emotions, good or bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Emotionless like a Jedi, unrestrained like a Sith.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the overall philosophy of both sides is "If you aren't one of us, you are one of them."

The has to be a middle-ground. Didn't Luke change all of that with the New Jedi Order in the EU? Weren't they more "balanced", and that was what the prophecy was really referring to?
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Force Lightning is not entirely a Sith technique. Jedi sometimes use it.
    It is indeed a Dark Side technique. But that's mainly because the Lightning causes too much harm and therefore not learned to the Jedi. They don't need to cause harm, only protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    The problem with the overall philosophy of both sides is "If you aren't one of us, you are one of them."

The has to be a middle-ground. Didn't Luke change all of that with the New Jedi Order in the EU? Weren't they more "balanced", and that was what the prophecy was really referring to?
    They're still very much Jedi. The only major difference is that they aren't afraid of relationships, love, etc. The training rules are also a bit different. Apart from that they don't have any more in common with Sith than the old order did.