10+ Year Old Account

Blood: Should we be aiming for our 4-piece?

I would really like the communities opinion on this. The 4-piece, as it stands, is really lackluster. Used in an optimal environment where we aren't wasting the rp that it grants, we would gain 2-3 DSs per fight (obviously this will change slightly with fight length). If the Tier gear had amazing stats, then great, but it doesn't. So I'm curious who is going to be aiming for the 4-piece, and who isn't? Looking purely at stats, this is what I think our BiS will be: Chest - Tier; Hands - Artery Rippers; Head - Tier; Legs - Legplates of Whipping Ionization; Shoulders - Tier.

Also, and you can take this with a grain of salt if you want, but Ask Mr. Robot is actually only suggesting 1 Tier piece, being the shoulders, and the rest all being off-pieces.

Ebonskye, I assume you're talking about T15 Tier pieces? I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to let you know that we currently only have guestimates for the T15 set bonuses. We use SimC to test out their values, but a lot of the bonuses aren't implemented there yet (they have a TON of work to update SimC for patches). I'll follow what other people say in this thread and factor that in as we tweak set bonuses. Here's more info on 5.2 stat weights as well - we have Blood updated (but it could have minor tweaks throughout the week).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

From the previous T15 bonus thread it was worked out to be worth 3.46~ over a period of 5.5 minutes if you are using blood tap. I would say go with 2pc/2pc if you can. 20 seconds off vamp blood is still very good compared to the new 4pc.

T14-2pc and T15-2pc is probably more effective, at least initially. I don't think the stat differential is really anything to worry about.

T15-4pc is not very strong. Assuming you don't overcap any of the RP (a questionable assumption), you gain 0.69 DS/min. This doesn't do much at all for your overall damage taken, much less immediate damage taken. 20s off of VB is much more potent. Ironically, all the T15-4pc is good for is increasing your DPS.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

The 4-piece is pretty much crap, a dps increase at best. As long as we have something to AMS we have almost no shortage of Runic, and even if we don't the extra Runic isn't worth the severe loss in Mastery from the legs/gloves/chest piece. Go ahead and pass on these tokens, hold out for the offtier pieces since others will be wanting to get their tier bonuses asap.

Still go for the head and shoulders though. Those have some good stats on them, and the 2 piece, while not great, is worth picking up along with higher ilvl gear.

Why tier chest, if I may ask? copious amounts of avoidance on that, something a lot of tanks are avoiding like the plague these days.

Deleted
    In addition to the 4p being crap tier pieces don't have a chance to be thunderforged, unlike off-set pieces, so you'll effectively end up lowering your ilvl slightly. I'll be rolling with 2p t15 (head+shoulders) and 3 offset pieces, though I might even pass all the tier pieces for a long time (our bonuses are really poor compared to most classes).

Deleted
    Does anyone have a complete BiS list for Blood yet? If so, I would be very interrested in it. (Having trouble getting it to work out)

I am planning to hold on to my t14 4pc a good while still (hc tier all upgraded to 517). The 2pc is interesting tho so will get that sometime. But for now passing tier to other raidmembers.

I would not be too surprised if we see 2pc+2pc remain viable throughout the whole tier. 40sec VB is incredibly nice.

it depends a lot on what content you are doing. The t14 2pc is great, but you will miss out on the EH by using 509s instead of 535 or 541 gear, which matters in 25H content or any content where you are pushing your gear.

I can see t14 4 piece being fairly good if you are using Conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    I'm not sure that's worth it though. Taking pieces with worse itemization, and taking a pretty lousy talent that competes with a brilliant cooldown talent, by using a separate cooldown to fuel said lousy talent. It's just way too much investment (not to mention the fact that you're taking someone else's tier bonus :P) for rather little gain.

May have some niche uses I suppose, I haven't seen the whole tier, but I doubt anything but a massive damage taken debuff would have me drop Death Pact, and that would be in favor or Death Siphon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    I'm not sure that's worth it though. Taking pieces with worse itemization, and taking a pretty lousy talent that competes with a brilliant cooldown talent, by using a separate cooldown to fuel said lousy talent. It's just way too much investment (not to mention the fact that you're taking someone else's tier bonus :P) for rather little gain.

May have some niche uses I suppose, I haven't seen the whole tier, but I doubt anything but a massive damage taken debuff would have me drop Death Pact, and that would be in favor or Death Siphon.
    Sadly I think this is what blizzard has balanced the 4pc around. they REALLY want people to use conversion, no matter how bad it is.

They look pretty bad on paper to me. For the 2-piece, Rune Tap has always felt underwhelming since it only heals for a measily 10%. That really doesn't do anything. If anything, the tier bonus should reduce its cooldown absurdly so it's nearly-spammable (we're still limited by rune regen anyway).

The 4 piece is pure garbage. I always have 100 runic power even when im tapping my fingers as fast as I can. It feels like an issue with Blood in general which is why I'm always happy to pop DRW and then get double diseases and get back to full runic power within seconds. In fact, I may consider switching to the lower costed frenzied regen instead of death pact now because we have near-infinite RP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    Doesn't really matter that much, you have enough runic power to keep conversion up+get some blood tap charges when you need it without the 4p (not that I can't think of a fight where I'd prefer that over death pact, or even siphon). The 4p is just another few rune strikes, with or without conversion.

thunder forge parts seems way better than 4p. feel free to pass on tokens