Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    This shows how much peeps love the "levling experience" =)

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    The point is a lvl 90 has tons of benefits and isn't a requirement so it should take some work to get 1-90 and there are several ways to gain XP and not have to do the same thing over. Just because one aspect of the game got tuned do a more reasonable amount does mean we should be upset. I mean the benefits of having an alt are awesome and if it was easy to get to cap everyone would have 11 capped toons a realm, almost all professions have a decent daily CD, Mounts are boa and it gives you more attempts at rare mounts, getting to raid more and things like the treasure room and chest that are once a week. If 1-90 was stupid quick everyone would make like 4k a week just off the treasure room and 1.5k a week off profession Daily CD's and would have 11 chances a day at Holiday mounts. Just earn the lvl's and enjoy the payoff.
    You've mentioned benefits to collectors. Not all of us have that gene. If I got my paladin, DK, hunter, and priest to 85, then MOP comes out, I have to get them all to 90 to raid with them or do meaningful PvP. If I level up my paladin and DK to 90, I've pretty much been through the same content at least a couple times. Now I want to raid with my priest, so I have to do that 85 to 90 grind. Again. By the time I get to my hunter, it's really mind numbing, and still very slow. And all I want to do is raid with my priest like I did before MoP. For me, the benefit to having many alts is virtually non-existent other than the fact that I enjoy the different play styles of the classes. However, I can't really have those different play styles until I level cap them.

I'm not saying your argument has no merit. I'm just saying that not everyone's like you, and dismissing the problem with "then don't make alts" is neither useful nor reasonable. I don't hear many people saying, "yes, please, make my 3rd grind from 85 to 90 tedious and long - I enjoy that." I don't see the harm in adding xp bonuses for characters when you have alts at higher levels; the benefit can be small and grow based on how many you have, because honestly, the 5th grind to 90 is far worse than the 2nd. And I honestly don't see the up side to it being there at that point.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    This shows how much peeps love the "levling experience" =)
    I enjoy most of it once. Sometimes twice. After that, I want to beat my head into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You've mentioned benefits to collectors. Not all of us have that gene. If I got my paladin, DK, hunter, and priest to 85, then MOP comes out, I have to get them all to 90 to raid with them or do meaningful PvP. If I level up my paladin and DK to 90, I've pretty much been through the same content at least a couple times. Now I want to raid with my priest, so I have to do that 85 to 90 grind. Again. By the time I get to my hunter, it's really mind numbing, and still very slow. And all I want to do is raid with my priest like I did before MoP. For me, the benefit to having many alts is virtually non-existent other than the fact that I enjoy the different play styles of the classes. However, I can't really have those different play styles until I level cap them.

I'm not saying your argument has no merit. I'm just saying that not everyone's like you, and dismissing the problem with "then don't make alts" is neither useful nor reasonable. I don't hear many people saying, "yes, please, make my 3rd grind from 85 to 90 tedious and long - I enjoy that." I don't see the harm in adding xp bonuses for characters when you have alts at higher levels; the benefit can be small and grow based on how many you have, because honestly, the 5th grind to 90 is far worse than the 2nd. And I honestly don't see the up side to it being there at that point.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 09:25 PM ----------

I enjoy most of it once. Sometimes twice. After that, I want to beat my head into a wall.
    You ignored my extra Raidlock outs and professions and gold benefits outright, those are all things that give raiders an edge.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    You ignored my extra Raidlock outs and professions and gold benefits outright, those are all things that give raiders an edge.
    You get to raid more makes no difference to me, other than liking to play. And I don't recall the last time I felt like I needed gold.

Again, my point was that there is an issue and being so dismissive as to say "don't make alts" was not useful.

I'll assume you either understand what I was trying to say now or you never will.

Wow I'm only getting a few 100 per kill (pet level 1 fighting a level 1) and I tried with a level 6 and it pretty much gave me no XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    You get to raid more makes no difference to me, other than liking to play. And I don't recall the last time I felt like I needed gold.

Again, my point was that there is an issue and being so dismissive as to say "don't make alts" was not useful.

I'll assume you either understand what I was trying to say now or you never will.
    I guess he's trying to say that while it might not make any difference to you personally, it makes a huge difference to any serious raider. And if it was any easier to get to 90, most of those raiders would probably feel compelled/get forced by their GM to level up as many alts as possible for the reasons kingriku mentioned. Right now I'd say that the xp needed to get to max is high enough to not make anyone get more than 2-3 alts to get more raid lockouts with. Although, I have no personal experience from hardcore raiding, so I could be entirely wrong about their mindset.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I guess he's trying to say that while it might not make any difference to you personally, it makes a huge difference to any serious raider. And if it was any easier to get to 90, most of those raiders would probably feel compelled/get forced by their GM to level up as many alts as possible for the reasons kingriku mentioned. Right now I'd say that the xp needed to get to max is high enough to not make anyone get more than 2-3 alts to get more raid lockouts with. Although, I have no personal experience from hardcore raiding, so I could be entirely wrong about their mindset.
    Ah. That makes sense, thanks