Deleted

Hunter pets + aoe damage

So here'the thing, before patch 5.2 i could solo a pandaren rare but now my pet is useless cause it can't take the damage it deals, after only two hits from the spining crane kick it dies.
    What's the point of having a hunter pet if it can't take the damage for you? As a survival hunter i don't see their purpous other than buffs anymore. I think it was a bad decision on Blizz's part to make them take aoe damage considering there's always aoe damage around bosses and dungeons, and the healing hasn't increased for mend pet either. I don't think it's a good thing to have your healer focus on pets aswell. And i honestly feel bad for beast masters who rely on pets for their damage now that they're so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Shallymar View Post
    So here'the thing, before patch 5.2 i could solo a pandaren rare but now my pet is useless cause it can't take the damage it deals, after only two hits from the spining crane kick it dies.
    What's the point of having a hunter pet if it can't take the damage for you? As a survival hunter i don't see their purpous other than buffs anymore. I think it was a bad decision on Blizz's part to make them take aoe damage considering there's always aoe damage around bosses and dungeons, and the healing hasn't increased for mend pet either. I don't think it's a good thing to have your healer focus on pets aswell. And i honestly feel bad for beast masters who rely on pets for their damage now that they're so vulnerable.
    Hunters could just faceroll all the rares, now you have to put a fraction of thought into it and deal with a mechanic everyone else had to deal with. Just slow them and master's call/ call your pet back, it should be just as effective.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Hunters could just faceroll all the rares, now you have to put a fraction of thought into it and deal with a mechanic everyone else had to deal with. Just slow them and master's call/ call your pet back, it should be just as effective.
    I'm personally not that bothered about putting in more effort into killing Pandaren rares, but i have the feeling the Avoidance passive is a little messed up now. Pets are dying on a lot of weird things including pretty much every single pack of trash in ToT. If the mistake is on my side I'd gladly get some advice, but the trash before Ji-Kun is annoying enough without having to keep my pet on passive 95% of the time before sending it in for one hit.

Thankfully it does work properly on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm personally not that bothered about putting in more effort into killing Pandaren rares, but i have the feeling the Avoidance passive is a little messed up now. Pets are dying on a lot of weird things including pretty much every single pack of trash in ToT. If the mistake is on my side I'd gladly get some advice, but the trash before Ji-Kun is annoying enough without having to keep my pet on passive 95% of the time before sending it in for one hit.

Thankfully it does work properly on bosses.
    The trash on ji-kun is supposed to one shot your pet. If melee stood where your pet did they would die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The trash on ji-kun is supposed to one shot your pet. If melee stood where your pet did they would die.
    Fair enough, same seems to happen on the trash before Jin'rokh and Council though. If I'm not mistaken the trash before Jin'rokh puts a dot on targets in melee range so that might explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Fair enough, same seems to happen on the trash before Jin'rokh and Council though. If I'm not mistaken the trash before Jin'rokh puts a dot on targets in melee range so that might explain that.
    Yeah, the gastropods one shot everything in its way and you pet has to run around it to get behind it. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes the snail turns and your pet dies. Also the fly swarms do a lot of damage to things close to it and melee can't get close to them.

During my experience, my pet never died on any trash except ji-kun's. I was sat for council and twin consorts though so I'm not sure about those fights.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 03:08 AM ----------

Wow, I forgot I helped clear trash before I ported out, yeah my pets never died on council and twin consorts trash. So ji-kun has the only trash that can kill my pet.

Deleted
    Ah well trash is trash I suppose. Doesn't matter too much.
    But any Hunter who cares about the numbers they put out will cringe if their pet dies.