Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    This has probably been linked in this thread before, but it is worth linking again - extremely useful if you want to go for high population.

Note that isn't the only way to play by any means (some people get disheartened after seeing the level of attention to detail required to get a massive city to work right). My larger cities are making a whopping -$50,000 an hour, but their production infrastructure is so good that the net profit for the month is typically around $5,000,000. Was able to build the great work in my region basically alone.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I saw the offer but I either have it or I'm not interested in it to begin with. I had sworn off EA's crap but decided to pick up SimCity to see its issues for myself. My kids do like the game, probably because it fits their ages challenge-wise, and it looks like a toy city. Maxis really nailed that look this time. Even tried it myself again last night but didn't notice that big of a change traffic wise. Still ridiculous amounts of clumping with service vehicles and traffic still gets remarkably backed up. Still amazed they launched the game with the AI in such sad shape.
    Yeah, I didn't notice any changes with my traffic.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Traffic is better if your roads are placed well, but it still will back up in some areas, it's just going to happen with the amount of traffic. The vehicle trains sadly weren't fixed by this one. I wouldn't mind cutting some traffic and using even more Phantom Sims.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    I do wish they would improve RCI to make it more interactive. The demands are completely wonky, and makes it impossible to get balance. It's already pointed out that you can do without any commercial or industry, and just dwindling money isn't a solution. Improving the jobs needed and workers per residence might help.
    That is because at low taxes low wealth Sims don't care to much about unemployment. And city buildings offer jobs and shopping to Sims. For example a park will offer both a job and a "store" to Sims. While parks and other "city" buildings are not enough to fully cover the duties of C and I they are enough to cover some of the unhappiness created when those aren't available.

C and I aren't the only things to provide jobs.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    This has probably been linked in this thread before, but it is worth linking again - extremely useful if you want to go for high population.

Note that isn't the only way to play by any means (some people get disheartened after seeing the level of attention to detail required to get a massive city to work right). My larger cities are making a whopping -$50,000 an hour, but their production infrastructure is so good that the net profit for the month is typically around $5,000,000. Was able to build the great work in my region basically alone.
    Holy crap that was the most informative video I've watched for this game ever. Sooooo many mechanics explained so effectively.

Update 1.8

Road Improvements
    • Improvements to cases when connecting a new road to an existing road that goes over uneven terrain.
    • Tuned some of the road snapping priorities to address some edge cases where it wasn’t behaving as desired
    • Fixed a case where a new road would sometimes cause an existing road to change its shape drastically.
    • Made Upgrade Roads mini-tutorial appear at appropriate time.
    • Fix to four lane bridge to improve divider line placement.

Text Improvements
    • Clarified alerts about residents not moving in because of high taxes to state if it is residents, commercial businesses, or Industry that won't move in because of high taxes.
    • Improved text and icons on cities in region view.
    • Updated text for "Become a Suburban City" mission to improve clarity.
    • Updated requirements text for HazMat garage for clarity.

General
    • Police station can no longer hold more prisoners than the capacity.
    • Added missing roof texture for certain commercial building.
    • Added completion moment cinematic for Great Works.
    • Visiting police cars have avatar of neighbor above them.
    • Arcology Population reflects the population of the Arcology, not the city.
    • Fixed a clog in the pipes where sewage would sometimes get backed up and act jittery.
    • Region Wall will pop up when a new chat message has been received.

Deleted
    sorry to people in my region, ive not been online in a few days.
    i think whats killed the game for me is the small map size, im getting bored too quick with the size, after 20mins ive filled the map and not much else to do other than wait for density to increase and upgrade a few buildings, i quite like the idea of region play, but i just feel the size was way too limiting for me. i would return and start playing again right away if we were given larger maps, even if just 2 per region or something.
    anyway, im out.

Deleted
    I have to say I've lost interest too, can't really say why... Just haven't had that urge to play it. It was cool playing with people in the regions and sharing various aspects but I guess being limited does restrain what you can actually do.

my trade port has 100/100 ton of ore yet it is not sending them to the smelting factory, i have it on use locally.

anyone have a similar issue ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    my trade port has 100/100 ton of ore yet it is not sending them to the smelting factory, i have it on use locally.

anyone have a similar issue ?
    how much ore does your smelting factory have in store
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    how much ore does your smelting factory have in store
    it turned out to be a road issue, although i was 100% sure it was connected but the trucks refused to go through that road and i had to build a different route.

the original road was going through the ferry terminal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have just made the option to buy more land >.< I would much prefer that option and expanding on current zones rather than having regions >.<

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Question (sorry if this is the wrong SC thread). But on my free download page, there is a version of SimCity. I'm wondering if any of you know if I get a 2nd version, if I can gift it to my fiance so she can play with me?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Question (sorry if this is the wrong SC thread). But on my free download page, there is a version of SimCity. I'm wondering if any of you know if I get a 2nd version, if I can gift it to my fiance so she can play with me?
    That would be Sim City 4, so no.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    you mean the old SimCity 4 ?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That would be Sim City 4, so no.
    i r can read

Lol thanks, sorry. XD
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    sorry to people in my region, ive not been online in a few days.
    i think whats killed the game for me is the small map size, im getting bored too quick with the size, after 20mins ive filled the map and not much else to do other than wait for density to increase and upgrade a few buildings, i quite like the idea of region play, but i just feel the size was way too limiting for me. i would return and start playing again right away if we were given larger maps, even if just 2 per region or something.
    anyway, im out.
    I am in the same situation as you. I love playing the game but there's not much you can do with the small map sizes. I really don't understand why they're so small!

So, I accepted the free game but I thought it was the upgrade version of this current sim city not the previous one. Any way to tell them I want a different game instead?

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    So, I accepted the free game but I thought it was the upgrade version of this current sim city not the previous one. Any way to tell them I want a different game instead?
    How can you even think that... Just try ea help chat but i doubt you will be given a 2nd chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i got Need for speed as my free game since i had the others.... and i played for 15mins and quit. Don't get it. Even with a 360 controller the car controls are horrible and as soon as i started playing ads to buy stuff started popping up on my screen. I don't play games to get spammed with ads WHILE playing. I don't care if they are in the menu or loading screens but not in the game please.
    Aye mate