Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yeah, I'd totally rather do lfr over and over and over and over and take a year to get my alts geared because the rate at which you get gear is complete shit as opposed to being able to run dungeons and get caught up with the current tier in a week. Cause LFR is so much fun!
    This sums it up perfectly. They either have completely lost sight of what their customers want or the people I talk to are a wierd minority. Most of those still subscribed are because of guild/friends and no what the game has become.

[Vanilla/TBC] Game is new, many dungeons added throughout vanilla, one added in TBC. Dungeons popular and (almost) only gearing content for non raiders.
    [WotLK] 4 new dungeons added throughout, gear catchup is offered via these dungeons and badges - forums flame speed of catchup and addition of LFD to facilitate faster dungeon prep.
    [Cata] 5 new dungeons added throughout, gear catchup is offered via these dungeons and points - forums flame speed of catchup and monotony/ease/difficulty of added dungeons.
    [MoP] Blizzard states they will not add more dungeons post launch - forums erupt with love of dungeons. Gear catchup now offered by LFR/old raids/reputations.

The moral is many people will complain about *any* decision blizzard makes - regardless of the logic behind it.

Deleted
    I understand why they aren't adding new dungeons with the new retarded LFR model but they could have more dungeons added by the release of the xpack instead in that case. 6 new dungeons and 3 rehashed dungeons is pretty pathetic imo, especially as they weren't exactly masterpieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    There are SO many different ways to get epics now. I got 6 pieces of gear on my paladin this week without touching LFR yet. You just have to actually play the game. There's a lot of gear rewards out there if you get off your ass and stop afk queue'ing in cities.
    Yes, I'm really curious as to how you managed six. lol

Boots from sha, maybe lucky and got a piece from him, as well. Maybe you had enough vp for the neck from the new faction. Other than that, I'm at a loss. Regardless, the only way to really gear up is through lfr or buying boe's from the ah (skill and time investment amirite), and the droprates in lfr are still complete shit. So yeah, no.
    Look! Words!

I don't get people that goes with the argument that it would invalidate the old raid and lfr. Why would that matter? With that view of the game they might as well stop doing new content and expansions at all. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of scenarios but doing an interesting 5-man (like HoT) with friends is way better. Scenarios has lots of potential but they've all been very meh.

I think the thing I dislike is Blizzard is making the game less and less personal for casuals. You don't always get to intimately know each of your 4 group members in a heroic, but they certainly are not the random faceless 24 people you find tripping over themselves in LFR. At least in a heroic if a player is beyond bad you can realistically stand a good chance of kicking them. LFR is so impersonal that you can AFK for an entire raid and be left alone. It's too bad. If you aren't a raider, you have dailies. Lot's and lot's and LOT'S of dailies. Have fun! ugh.

Releasing new 5 mans was always a mistake and I'm glad Blizzard finally came to their senses on this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    "Catch-up" involving once-per-week RNG is not anything of the sort.
    T14 raids were nerfed 10 percent, Galleons respawn timer was changed dramatically, new LFR opens next tuesday, old valor gear had a cost reduction and pvp gear only costs honor which is easily farmable as are elder charms in the new daily hub. It really shouldn't be that hard to catch up and to be completely honest I'd rather do all those things I said above than spam run a few new dungeons until I have enough gear to stop caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    [Vanilla/TBC] Game is new, many dungeons added throughout vanilla, one added in TBC. Dungeons popular and (almost) only gearing content for non raiders.
    [WotLK] 4 new dungeons added throughout, gear catchup is offered via these dungeons and badges - forums flame speed of catchup and addition of LFD to facilitate faster dungeon prep.
    [Cata] 5 new dungeons added throughout, gear catchup is offered via these dungeons and points - forums flame speed of catchup and monotony/ease/difficulty of added dungeons.
    [MoP] Blizzard states they will not add more dungeons post launch - forums erupt with love of dungeons. Gear catchup now offered by LFR/old raids/reputations.

The moral is many people will complain about *any* decision blizzard makes - regardless of the logic behind it.
    More like the people that do not like dungeons and do not like giving alts and new players a way to catch up with out sinking a ton of time into old content said one thing and the people who like running dungeons and like gearing alts threw dungeons said another. People treat this whole community as though it is one person constantly contradicting it self when in reality it is millions of players who enjoy different things. I just don't see how removing something that a lot of people enjoy is ever a good idea, Especially when 5 mans have been a staple of this game for so long.

Five mans have been a large part of the game for eight years with no indicator that the developers wanted to toss them to the side like a pile of trash. To see five mans heroics turned into WotLK normals and LFR being the replacement just feels disgusting. LFR has that soul draining feeling of running BGs with bots. A bunch of leechers and not a single care for the existence of another player. As much as RDF removes the community aspect from five mans, LFR just removes it even further with the large blob mentality.

Most scenarios so far have felt just bad and not Blizzard quality. They are supposed to improve though they still feel lack luster and not engaging at all. I might as well be doing dialies and get rewarded better for them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    id rather have 5man instances than the 3man Scenarios. I like the instances, I dont care if they drop ilvl 463 or w/e the starting ilvl is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I miss the dungeon model of Burning Crusade, when heroics actually felt, well, heroic. We kept running them even as we transitioned to raiding because they had quest events/items, dazzling area aesthetics and gear models, and even a few unique epics that could be earned from the hardest heroic bosses (like the one in Shadow Labyrinth). Later, they brought in the new dungeon for the Sunwell patch, which was a good way of helping folks get welfare epics along with a new pet and mount. Although there were complaints about some classes never getting taken to dungeons back then, now that every class has access to some cc and are reasonably close in terms of healing/dps/tank viability, I'd love to see that old model come back. I also wouldn't mind seeing a "five man raid", something akin to Karazhan but built for a dungeon sized group and requiring more time and effort for better rewards (though of course not the same ilvl rewards as 10-25 mans).
    I kind of like this idea.

I don't really like dungeons, but I don't raid often either. I like the idea of lfr for seeing the content but i don't know about gearing that way.

I think they could expand this idea and include one or two dungeons, maybe harder and reward the same item level or a little less than ToT LFR. I'm still hoping for one for 5.3. I mean the dungeon team still has time. I still believe having many ways of gearing is good, but I see the problem.

I kinda hope in the future they go with this model for dungeons

-Make all dungeons at the level cap Normal End-game dungeons, like they are now, just don't call them heroic.
    -Make heroic end-game dungeons
    -Have challenge modes

Haven't done challenge modes, but I remember people saying that the mobs and bosses were harder than heroic, and they had the time limit. The design team can just have all 3 levels, and just take the time run away for heroics. I hope I'm making sense.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2013-03-09 at 08:55 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Releasing new 5 mans was always a mistake and I'm glad Blizzard finally came to their senses on this issue.
    The way they implemented it for the dragon soul patch was bad. Other than that, no. Releasing no new 5-mans is the mistake. It would be one thing if the current 5-mans were of decent quality, but honestly I'd even take the WLK 5-mans that I despised over the current batch. Scenarios do not make an acceptable replacement nor does LFR.

I'm not usually one to criticize Blizzard, but really this decision, even though it suits me perfectly well, is really really bad.

Why not like.

Add more challenge mode dungeons.

But instead of making new dungeons... Make challenge modes out of the old dungeons. And maybe make level 90 versions. And then we can have ALL OF THE DUNGEONS.

Or make it so that your character gets scaled down to the appropriate dungeon level, and the loot/JP/etc that you get is scaled up to match your level. And then we can run EVERY DUNGEON EVER. That'd make dungeon finder more interesting!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    I can't believe people dislike having 5-mans, what about the 3 ICC 5 mans in wotlk, with the lich king appearing, that was AWESOME, and helping Thrall in Cata. Or helping Thrall in caverns of time to free him? I remember doing Dire Maul when it was harder in vanilla, hoping quel'serrar q would drop and doing dire maul west n dire maul chest run. What about brd emperor run? UBRS in vanilla, like a mini-raid. Strat Scarlet, hoping orbs would drop for Crusader. Strat Baron hoping for mount and finishing instance before time ran out, that was awesum!

But scenarios? Think i have only done Theramore in cata and that sucked soooo hard...and that one with the troll chieftain vol'jin getting pwnd by some random orc rogue, gah..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2013-03-09 at 09:02 PM. Reason: a

Challenge mode dungeon of the whole of Blackrock depths.

*throws self from the tallest tower*

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want them as a catch up thing. I wouldn't care if new ones dropped blues. I just don't want to have to run the current 5mans for valor for a whole fucking expansion. I am bored of them already.
    Aye mate

I suspect the development teams see a zero-sum in terms of work required to make both new 5-mans and large raids.

Even so, dungeons are already becoming annoyingly mindless with DPS tanking and healing. I'd hate to be a fresh 90 in eight months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Needed only in the sense of "something new". It would be nice to have something new to run while running 5-mans for Valor or for a new Challenge mode. Also for the same reason why scenarios are added but don't drop better gear. Lore, Story, Valor, Rep, something new to run while not in a 3 or Solo group.
    In the end, it would be farming from hell. We would be goingvery often into them to get our valor points capped.

Solid. They're really encouraging their new raid model.

I like!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.